Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Shop owner faces lawsuit for selling drug paraphernalia, [OR]
    #7964073 - 02/01/08 09:38 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Shop owner faces lawsuit for selling drug paraphernalia

08:02 AM PST on Friday, February 1, 2008

Associated Press

ONTARIO, Ore. -- A judge refused to dismiss a civil suit filed by the city of Ontario against a woman suspected of selling drug paraphernalia.

The city served Victoria Miller with the complaint Dec. 5, asserting she knowingly sold products that would be used with illegal drugs. The suit asks for a civil fine of $10,000 and an injunction prohibiting Miller from selling, delivering or possessing drug paraphernalia.

Miller retained Vale attorney Brian Zanotelli, who asked Judge Jeffrey Wallace to dismiss the case and force Ontario to pay his client's legal fees.

Miller said she sells rolling papers and high-end glass pipes for use with tobacco. "Everything I sell is legal and is specifically intended for legal use," Miller said in court papers. "I would not sell anything knowing it would be used illegally. I just want to run my business and contribute to my community as a taxpayer and good citizen."

Zanotelli asked the judge to dismiss the case unless the city showed enough evidence to continue. The city produced a declaration from one of Miller's former employees -- Krystal Priester, who said she was trained to answer customer questions about how to use the products sold at the shop called Old School.

"Such products have included, but not limited to, grinders used to process marijuana, isomerization devices used to increase the potency of marijuana, scales used to weigh marijuana, containers used to store or conceal marijuana, kits used to conceal the presence of marijuana in one's urine, and pipes, tubes or bongs used to ingest, inhale or otherwise introduce marijuana into the human body," Priester said in court papers. "At no time were employees trained to demonstrate the use of these products with tobacco,"

She also said Miller never asked customers for a medical marijuana card, and never trained employees to take that step.

Zanotelli called the timing of Priester's declaration suspicious. Miller sued Krystal and Levi Priester last fall, alleging they took $27,500 in cash and other goods from her.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_020108_news_drug_paraphernalia.7ca832d4.html

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSubstance D
Smurfed Up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Inside my Head
Re: Shop owner faces lawsuit for selling drug paraphernalia, [OR] [Re: Chemy]
    #7964597 - 02/01/08 12:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

in NY every gas station sell bowls an water pipes .the only thing i dont get is how they sell those little glass stems with a flower in it. wonder if anybody ever bought there wife one not knowing they were really giving her a crack stem

--------------------
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Shop owner faces lawsuit for selling drug paraphernalia, [OR] [Re: Chemy]
    #7964945 - 02/01/08 01:30 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hire good people and never trust them.

OfflineUCX_911
VideoSlave

Loc: Great North
Re: Shop owner faces lawsuit for selling drug paraphernalia, [OR] [Re: YidakiMan]
    #7966281 - 02/01/08 07:30 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

wow what bullshit

I saw Ontario and thought "CANADIAN? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

:wink:
so does that mean headshops are non-existent in the US?

--------------------
"Reefer Madness."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies