Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFutureBlues
Stranger

Northeast FL ID requests
    #7474872 - 10/01/07 06:00 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've just started to get into mycology lately, and it's very interesting. I mean, definitely, the ultimate goal of any of my mushroom hunts thus far have been to successfully find some active 'shrooms, but I enjoy the hunting nonetheless. Also, photographing fungi in the wild, active or not, is a worthwhile hobby.

All of the following were found in the same general area of a wildlife preservation, in northeast Florida (Jacksonville). The surrounding plants are pretty limited to trees and palm frawns. The ground is covered with pine-straw, and the dirt is very, very wet.

(I can't be sure that the following species are seperate, but I will differentiate them the best I can)

Species #1

Light brown cap-somewhat darker in the center, light brown stem, white/tan/transparent gills. Very small.

Species #2

All-white, though somewhat transparent. Very small (see denim fibers).

Species #3

Dark brown cap and stem, tan gills. Very small (see denim fibers).

Species #4

Growing out of a dead branch; gray-brown rings (darker toward center). Small.

Species #5

Species #6

Species #7

(very sticky)

Species #8

Species #9

Species #10

Species 11

Species 12

Species 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewizee
Stranger
Re: Northeast FL ID requests [Re: FutureBlues]
    #7474891 - 10/01/07 06:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

NIIiiiiicceeeeee pics
makes my wanna change my background on my desktop

yee I highly doubt any of those are active
but great pics nonetheless

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Northeast FL ID requests [Re: wizee]
    #7475295 - 10/01/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

1-3) Marasmius
4) Polypore
5) Could be a Cortinarius or Hebeloma or something else
6) Lepiota
7) Hard to say, maybe Tricholoma
8-9) Unknown
10) Could be an Armillaria
11) lbm

Nice camera, the first pic is pretty cool.

OfflineFutureBlues
Stranger

Re: Northeast FL ID requests [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7475372 - 10/01/07 08:21 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I appreciate the pic-quality comments. I really love the camera, although I'm just borrowing it (possibly permanently?).

Also, thanks much alan for the id's. I'm very interested about the identity of species 9. I found it growing in very shallow ground, and the odd shape sparked my interest so I felt I had to take a picture of it.

Also, is there any way to classify "lbm's"? I mean, if an lbm were to contain psilocybin how would a hunter know the difference between it and a poisonous one?

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Northeast FL ID requests [Re: FutureBlues]
    #7475401 - 10/01/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

> Also, thanks much alan for the id's. I'm very interested about the identity of species 9. I found it growing in very shallow ground, and the odd shape sparked my interest so I felt I had to take a picture of it.

Yes, that one is very interesting. I have never seen anything like it. Almost looks like a Cordyceps. Do you know what the substrate was?

> Also, is there any way to classify "lbm's"?

Yes, almost every LBM has a scientific name. It sometimes takes some research to figure it out.

> I mean, if an lbm were to contain psilocybin how would a hunter know the difference between it and a poisonous one?

Most of the LBM's that contain psilocybin bruise blue and have dark spores, while the poisonous lookalikes do not bruise blue and have dark spores.

OfflineFutureBlues
Stranger

#7475449 - 10/01/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Oh okay. I've seen the blue bruising before but not on any of the lbm's I've handled thus far.

#9 might have been growing from something solid, but as far as I could tell it was growing straight from the soil (underground).

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #7475483 - 10/01/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

you are going the right way , try to take pictures of different angles, and in site, exactly as they where growing then you can move a bit to see the gill or volva, or if it growing in a tree, do you remember more details about number 9 specie, it look like spider web in there, it was growing from a stick or small ,leaves, you are one of the few that i bet have more possibilities to find a exotic active in the woods of florida, look in ravines, muddy places, in sandy soil, , i did not see many micorrisic there , mostly wood lovers, perhaps you need to get more deep , look in ravines, jaja all my best

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Edited by cactu (10/01/07 09:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck