Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMK Ultra
Stranger

Long lasting side effects from Kratom...help!
    #7412859 - 09/15/07 11:35 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hi all, I'm new here but have read some posts before. Either something's wrong with Tokeup.com or I've been temporarily banned, because that's the site I usually visit but haven't been able to for about 4 days. In any case, I don't think I'll be returning in the event that I HAVE been banned, because I have a serious question that needs answering and am tired of dealing with them...for now anyway.

Okay, so I took a tiny dose of kratom one day after receiving it in the mail. It was a blend of Malaysian, Bali, and Thai with a 15x extract and a 5x extract, all in powder form. I put less than a teaspoon in some hot water the first time and drank it down. This was followed by a strong, extremely pleasant opiate-like high which killed all the pain I was in at the time. I noticed later that I was really cold and shivering a lot with a massive headache and extreme fatigue, but hadn't really put 2 and 2 together yet.

The next morning, I used even less--like 1/10th of a teaspoon at most--in the same manner. About 6 hours later, the headache was back and I felt fluish once again, this time worse than before. I'll wait it out, I thought.

Well, it's been 6 days since that happened, and I'm still experiencing chills and hot flashes, along with headaches and cyclic fatigue, all of which are worse in the late evening/night. I've also been feeling a bit paranoid and startle easily. I did all the preliminary research on the substance beforehand and took the smallest possible dosage just to be safe. The only other medication I take is 5-HTP once every other day. My skin actually feels cold to the touch and my head hurts and I've been sweating more than usual.

My question is, should I be worried about this? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I can't find anything like this in the literature online, so I'm getting kinda worried. I just don't understand why the effects would be lasting this long when I only took a small dosage two times. Help!

Oh, by the way, this is a kick ass site! Glad to be a part of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Long lasting side effects from Kratom...help! [Re: MK Ultra]
    #7412996 - 09/15/07 12:16 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Stop taking kratom, drink a lot of water, and try benadryl. You might be allergic.

OfflineMK Ultra
Stranger

Re: Long lasting side effects from Kratom...help! [Re: xFrockx]
    #7413130 - 09/15/07 01:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice! I tried some benadryl last night and have been drinking so much water I feel like I'm gonna explode, but I'll just keep on drinkin'...

Offlinemushyflushy
Stranger
    #7414633 - 09/15/07 09:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

see a doctor

--------------------
feen

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: Long lasting side effects from Kratom...help! [Re: mushyflushy]
    #7414929 - 09/15/07 10:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

don't drink too much water, than can be a bad thing too

OfflineMK Ultra
Stranger

Re: Long lasting side effects from Kratom...help! [Re: Seventy]
    #7416382 - 09/16/07 11:42 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So after doing some additional research, I've come across 2 possibilities, neither one very promising:

1. Mild Serotonin Syndrome
2. Eosinophilia Myalgia Syndrome (EMS)

Neither fits completely, as I only took small amounts of both the 5-HTP and Kratom, but kratom contains MAO alkaloids, which could have interacted with the increased serotonin from the 5-htp. EMS has only occurred in people who take extremely large doses of 5-htp or l-tryptophan, but some of my symptoms are pretty similar. I'm praying for serotonin syndrome at this point.

They said that serotonin syndrome could either be acute and severe or mild--the acute type can be life threatening, but the milder form is more common. It even said that serotonin syndrome can last for a few days and even weeks, so maybe that's why this has gone on so long. The symptoms are identical, not all but most. The combination of serotonin-promoting drugs and opiates (or things that ACT like opiates in the brain like kratom) are the cause, and I did take kratom with half a 7mg. hydrocodone and a half-cap of cough syrup (not all at once but over about 5 hours) and 5-htp...

I'm still quite confused by this and would appreciate any insight or suggestions at all. I'm quitting the 5-htp but haven't decided whether to taper or just quit all at once. I was experiencing some weird pain in my leg and unusual muscular pain in my legs before the kratom, which are symptoms of EMS, so...I just don't know.

I'm increasingly worried with each passing day. I have no insurance and don't know what to do as far as doctors go. All I can do is avoid kratom, stop 5-htp, take vitamins, drink water, sleep, and pray.

Thanx for listening.

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
    #7433617 - 09/20/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You think detoxing would help?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals