Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesynergistic
Stranger
Male

Loc: Texas
RR style mono-tub question
    #7361563 - 09/02/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, I was considering attempting a mono-tub, initially I was going to follow monstermitch's tek almost exactly, but I read that Rogerrabbit recommends drilling smaller holes with no micropore tape or polyfil, just as instructed for his fruiting chambers in his DVD. Here is a quote I was wondering about
"The tub isn't to protect against contaminants because they can easily get in around the gaps in the lid, unless that is also taped up. The polyfill seems to slow down air exchange enough to allow humidity to build while still allowing some gas exchange. I'd suggest opening and fanning often after full colonization."
Has anyone tried this, does the substrate dry out easily with the fanning and the open holes? Also how do you let the substrate colonize and not pin early with the light and fae getting in from the open holes? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Returning Video Tapes
Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: synergistic]
    #7361590 - 09/02/07 12:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Roger has never liked the idea of polyfill. Here is what I'd suggest to you if you try this. Use something to keep the holes covered while the substrate is colonizing. Like a tape or something. Maybe micro pore. Once your substrate is fully colonized it will be extremely resistant to contamination. At that point you can take the tape off and let it breathe with out worry of contamination.

This is how I've seen most people do this method with monotubs. Also, I don't think you would need to make the tiny holes the way RR does his. You could just construct the tub as normal and it will work fine that way.

I plan on doing it just like this my self eventually, once I'm caught up on all my projects. :smile:

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

Offlinesynergistic
Stranger
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #7361608 - 09/02/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the quick response, but when you say construct the tub as normal, is that with no holes, with about 4 2 inch diameter holes just minus the polyfil? With your grow do you intent to fan as rr says in the quote or just wait till harvest? Thanks.

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #7361684 - 09/02/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Also RR had nothing to do with the mono tub that was Ohmatic. RR really hasn't came up with anything inventive at all. He has just made a video on how to grow cakes, in order to make money off of what is already posted on these boards. Woop de doo.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #7361706 - 09/02/07 01:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You wouldn't want any holes below the substrate level in a monotub or they'd stimulate pinning down there. During colonization, it's important to have a high CO2 level, so whatever holes you use above substrate level should be covered up until full colonization. After that, use whatever method you decide to ensure lots of air exchange while maintaining high humidity levels. Good luck.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #7361709 - 09/02/07 01:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

synergistic said:
Hey, I was considering attempting a mono-tub, initially I was going to follow monstermitch's tek almost exactly, but I read that Rogerrabbit recommends drilling smaller holes with no micropore tape or polyfil, just as instructed for his fruiting chambers in his DVD. Here is a quote I was wondering about
"The tub isn't to protect against contaminants because they can easily get in around the gaps in the lid, unless that is also taped up. The polyfill seems to slow down air exchange enough to allow humidity to build while still allowing some gas exchange. I'd suggest opening and fanning often after full colonization."
Has anyone tried this, does the substrate dry out easily with the fanning and the open holes? Also how do you let the substrate colonize and not pin early with the light and fae getting in from the open holes? Thanks

monotubs are not RR's design, and is NOT his intellectual property, that is Ohmatic's Intellectual property.

Polyfil is godsend for those holes.
I believe RR doesn't understand, that if you use very little, and not twist a big huge amount, that air will still flow just as well as without it, it just takes a little, and it shouldn't be bound "tight". Polyfil protects against flies, gnats, cat hair, sneezes LOL, any critter u dont want in there, as far as filtering out particulates, it helpls, but is not perfect. You could use .003 micron tyvek if u want to filter particulates, but i question weather or not that will restrict air flow... probably will.

polyfil isn't for raisning humidity, it's for FAE, if it's causing a rise in humidity, you've bound too much up, and stuffed the holes too full.

Monotubs are designed by ohmatic to be a "bulk neglect tek" meaning,
opening and fanning your monotub IS NOT needed... and unecessary, and a very definite vector for contamination, so RR has given false information on that part.

when i colonize my monotubs, and i've done many, i wrap them in a towel, and put in a closet, they stay dark, and full of co2, which is good for colonization, some put wax paper over the top of the substrate, this works well also.

If you fan your monotub, yes it will dry out, the design is to force the tub to "distill" and recycle it's humidity, it drips back down into the base of the tub, and rehydrates the poo/bulk substrate.

I believe, that his shotgun chamber for pftek style cakes may be confusing you with a true monotub. If you have monotub questions, PM myself or Ohmatic, im sure he'll help, im always here to help, no cost involved. I look forward to making a free dvd for bulk neglect teks such as Ohmatic's monotubs, and Hydr0420's simple invitro poo bags.

this is a future project, and not really going to be a great quality film, but i can assure you, i will NOT allow powerpoint to be used when the video is edited.

peace.

Edited by jeetered (09/02/07 01:10 PM)

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7361711 - 09/02/07 01:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Learn to use Quick Reply please. You would think being a mod and all you would know.:rolleyes:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: jeetered]
    #7361714 - 09/02/07 01:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:congrats:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #7361723 - 09/02/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

you would think royalties were due to professor fanaticus.

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#7361741 - 09/02/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

And mono-tub designs to Ohmatic.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #7361754 - 09/02/07 01:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I, as do most members, simply type into the box at the bottom of the page. By default, it makes a 'reply to' the last poster. Get over yourself if you can't figure it out.

I have never made a monotub and never claimed such. Where you two come up with this stuff, I'll never know. By the way, the pf tek part of the video was an afterthought. That's why that 40 minute segment was uploaded to youtube so people can have it in the low resolution version for free. It's 40 minutes out of a 4 hour video. Editing was done with Adobe CS2.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #7361763 - 09/02/07 01:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

heyjeetered or pinkfloydms-

do either of you guys have a link to monstermitch's monotub tek, or does ohmatic have one? id like to giv a monotub a shot... thankx guys..

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: blood4blood]
    #7361775 - 09/02/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5276282 Ohms Mono-tub.

And as far as RR, I think your the one who needs to get over yourself and sttart being a real mod instead of when ppl ask for advice you say"watch the vids". You Don't even belong in this community if all your here to do is make money.:smirk:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: blood4blood]
    #7361804 - 09/02/07 01:37 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Monster Mitch
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5930161/an/0/page/0

Hey guys, Not that I don't agree that RR has been advertising his DVD a little too often lately, but Don't discredited the mans work. He put a lot of time, effort and money into making that dvd. I think its a great asset to anyone wanting to learn how to grow. I do agree that every answer of his shouldn't be about his dvd though. That should be kept in the sponsors forum.

Either way RR is a great asset to this community and we are lucky to have him here. Everyone just needs to settle down, or move it OTD.

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

Offlineenesi
On the Bus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erf
    #7361812 - 09/02/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5276282 Ohms Mono-tub.

And as far as RR, I think your the one who needs to get over yourself and sttart being a real mod instead of when ppl ask for advice you say"watch the vids". You Don't even belong in this community if all your here to do is make money.:smirk:

He's been part of this community for 4+ years now...i don't think he's just here to make a couple dollars on a dvd :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#7361816 - 09/02/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:

Hey guys, Not that I don't agree that RR has been advertising his DVD a little too often lately, I do agree that every answer of his shouldn't be about his dvd though. That should be kept in the sponsors forum.

Thats all we are trying to say.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7361819 - 09/02/07 01:43 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Totally agreed

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:

Invisibleadrug

#7361826 - 09/02/07 01:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:
I do agree that every answer of his shouldn't be about his dvd though. That should be kept in the sponsors forum.

:thumbup:

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #7361832 - 09/02/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

thanks man, got a q though maybe 2...

-would you do layers with your sub and spawn in the monotub or would you just mix the 2 together? and what is a good depth?

-is lighting not an issue with a monotub? you just keep it in complete darkness the whole time?

- and applying a casing layer would that be the same as doing a regular bulk grow where you let the sub completly colonize then apply a casing layer? in saying that

- is there anything special you should do after you apply the casing layer? i know with bulk grows after u apply the casing layer you "introduce to fruiting conditions" or are mono's jus that easy

i appreciate the help....

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: RR style mono-tub question [Re: enesi]
    #7361838 - 09/02/07 01:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's not just about that. It;s about him mentioning his dvds all the time. I'm glad he made a dvd and is making money, good for him but don't flood every other post with it.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order