Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st
    #7360246 - 09/01/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

September 1, 2007 - team4news.com

Police will have discretion to issue citations instead of arresting those in possession of four ounces or less of marijuana. The offender must live in the county where they are stopped and must not be considered a threat to public safety.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabesh
Warrior SixDelta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: veggie]
    #7360289 - 09/01/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

One small step for potheads :congrats:

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: abesh]
    #7360469 - 09/02/07 12:18 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yay!

--------------------

Offlineshitfacedme
fustfuffs
Male
    #7360577 - 09/02/07 01:08 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

translation for discretion:police will use scare tactics on first offenders to get them to narc out their dealers and will still bust people that they don't like the look of

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: shitfacedme]
    #7360663 - 09/02/07 01:43 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

exactly, discretion for police officers is bullshit.

Cops lie all the time- "your facing 1 year, you better tell us where you got that"

Offlinegurglesurfing
student
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: johnm214]
    #7360668 - 09/02/07 01:47 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I have been waiting to hear this amazing news for a long time.

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: gurglesurfing]
    #7360768 - 09/02/07 02:56 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I live in Texas and I am so happy right now.

OfflineMr_DeeMsTer
Mystic

Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: marshalldylan1]
    #7360936 - 09/02/07 06:10 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

FOUR OUNCES?!?!?!

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: johnm214]
    #7360939 - 09/02/07 06:15 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
exactly, discretion for police officers is bullshit.

Cops lie all the time- "your facing 1 year, you better tell us where you got that"

lol one time a cop said exactly that to me (had an ounce of weed) and i said "only a year? o thank god i thought i was gonna get atleast 5 years for that much" (i did this to piss him off i idint actualy think i was gonna get 5 for an ounce) haha that pissed him off, nothing a cop hates worse then a happy stoner,

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7361081 - 09/02/07 08:24 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

this probably wont mean shit for most of Texas, but Im guessing travis county and a few others will start issuing citations.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #7361085 - 09/02/07 08:25 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Great news for pot smokers but I was happy to see child predators will be delt with at death penalty level. I know an 8year old who was raped. If the cops wouldn't of locked him up we would of strung him up.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: KaptKid]
    #7361123 - 09/02/07 08:45 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

but discretion = they can still arrest you I think... They just PUSH the cops to give tickets only

So you kids on the forum dont think you can bust out an ounce and not have to worry, youl probably still goto jail, end up on probation and have to take drug awareness classes!

I know some of you are gunna read this and think OH SHIT I DONT HAVE TO WORRY NOW..

The government backing is a HUGE step and a positive one but the cops still have the choice... And we all know cops like to bust kids sometimes... Im amazed there backing this in TEXAS home of the guns and death penalty! Next step is medicinal, the next 10 years of this country is going to be interesting..

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: implee]
    #7361299 - 09/02/07 10:27 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW SHIT!:congrats:

:backflip: :stoned:

--------------------

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: implee]
    #7361376 - 09/02/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

implee said:
The government backing is a HUGE step and a positive one but the cops still have the choice... And we all know cops like to bust kids sometimes... Im amazed there backing this in TEXAS home of the guns and death penalty! Next step is medicinal, the next 10 years of this country is going to be interesting..

Ya, cops will always be dicks. I mean look at the UK where they made marijuana just a ticketing offense, but cops still go around arresting people.

I'm surprised Texas would take this up, but actually my last spin around the texas justice system showed me that we are actually fairly soft on drug laws, not as soft as say, california. But We have lots of get out of the charge with no record programs. Less than two ounces of weed is only a class b misdemeanor. If we can clear out some of the more conservative judges and get rid of minimum sentencing and fines, we'll be on our way to a progressive drug policy.

Its odd for such a conservative state, but the population is closer to real conservatives, instead of Neo-cons. Thats why i think we don't like to spend money anywhere, especially non-violent offenders. I mean, we have one of the most active libertarian parties in the country.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: Nephlyte]
    #7361414 - 09/02/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i can't seem to find that law on this list of all new laws in texas.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Reports/Report.aspx?LegSess=80R&ID=effectivesept1

if anyone does, let me know.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

InvisibleveggieM

#7361448 - 09/02/07 11:24 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Try searching House Bill 2391

Offlinerickpsfuckyou
listening to Mozzy
Male

#7361738 - 09/02/07 01:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

this law is softer than california, we have a citation law only up to one ounce. you guys just gotta a four ounce limit. the cops out here think weed is a waste of time though, and in all the texas episodes ive seen of cops, the police there love busting pot heads. its like they consider weed a hard drug or some shit.

--------------------

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Re: Texas Launches New Marijuana Law Sept. 1st [Re: rickpsfuckyou]
    #7362739 - 09/02/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rickpsfuckyou said:
in all the texas episodes ive seen of cops, the police there love busting pot heads. its like they consider weed a hard drug or some shit.

Yup, this is unfortunately true, but slowly the law is changing not to favor them. They might bust me, but all they did was add 177 bucks to my ultimate tab later. You can't expect change overnight, its all step by step on this one.

--------------------

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

#7362783 - 09/02/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Try searching House Bill 2391

Thank you for this.

I just went and looked at the laws and the bill, looks pretty cut and dry. This also applies to some property damage, some theft and driving without a license.

Go texas.

--------------------

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #7363237 - 09/03/07 12:37 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

this is GREAT news, texas was the last place in the country id ever think of to do such a thing.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds