Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGuzak
Picnic Picker

LEGALIZE DRUGS?? I THINK NOT!
    #6817233 - 04/21/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, ive been reading through alot of posts and it seems there is an overwhelming agreement that mushrooms and other drugs should be made legal.
This shows that alot of you havent actually thought about the consequences of legalizing such powerful drugs.
Of course most people here arent using these drugs just to get 'fucked up' and use them to furhter themselves and discover unknowns.

BUT, the people of this forum arent a good cross section of society, we have all decided to use these, drugs but what makes us different is that we have come to sites such as thes to study the drugs we use.. to get the best effect for us personally, whether that be to have a wonderful time, discover ourselves or have spiritual experiences. So yes we would most likely use these drugs responsibly if they were legalized.

ALTHOUGH, there a far many more in society who wouldnt take the time to study and see these drugs as JUST another means to get fucked up and eventually (and not too far in the future) you would see children barely entering high school doing massive doses to either keep with the times or escape the sad reality that some kids face.

THESE drugs would be abused to the extremes because of the incredible effects they give. If you dont belive that impressionable youths would abuse these drugs just think of alchohol, kids under 10 are using alchohol regularly these days and it will only get worse.. If we then introduce a substance such as mushrooms with such a wild effect and say it is legal (obviously for those only over 18 or 21) these kids will be able to easily get ahold of them and imagine what the abuse of these drugs could do to young minds.

SO i believe in the responsible use of these drugs as many of us here do.. but that is a poor representation of society and we cannot resonably expect the majority of people to behave the same way.

AS much as these drugs are penetrating our society and being abused by the weak, it will get worse even if we DONT legalize these drugs, but tough laws and heavy consiquences are in place to deter the abuse of the substances which keeps the society in a balance.

SO to all you out there who think that legalizing these drugs is the way to go, im sorry but you are wrong.. it would be the decay of our society.

--------------------
- The brave may not live forever.. The cautious dont live at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LEGALIZE DRUGS?? I THINK NOT! [Re: Guzak]
    #6817246 - 04/21/07 10:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i say legalizer the drugs because, currently these drugs exist in an unregulated markets,
if they were legalised and properly regulated, you would have to show id to buy them, right now nothing except money and the will to buy drugs is the only thing stopping a ten year old from buying them,
the war on drugs does not stop drug supply, just makes them more expenseive and, allows violent gangs to control the industry instead of a legitimate business

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6817249 - 04/21/07 10:33 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Guzak said:
you would see children barely entering high school doing massive doses to either keep with the times or escape the sad reality that some kids face.

I think anyone doing massive doses of most psychedelic substances would be presented with the truth of reality and would be impossible to be used as an escape.

--------------------

Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
    #6817253 - 04/21/07 10:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?! I cant take anything you just wrote seriously.

"kids under 10 are using alchohol regularly these days and it will only get worse.."

you sound ignorant.

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

Edited by jenns_hot (04/21/07 10:35 PM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: LEGALIZE DRUGS?? I THINK NOT! [Re: kintos]
    #6817257 - 04/21/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zenthor said:
i say legalizer the drugs because, currently these drugs exist in an unregulated markets,
if they were legalised and properly regulated, you would have to show id to buy them, right now nothing except money and the will to buy drugs is the only thing stopping a ten year old from buying them,
the war on drugs does not stop drug supply, just makes them more expenseive and, allows violent gangs to control the industry instead of a legitimate business

dont forget it makes people buy these substances from unreliable sources which could be very dangerous.

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6817258 - 04/21/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Where did you find that?  :lol:

OfflineGuzak
Picnic Picker

#6817260 - 04/21/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Yeh great.. and how easy is it for a minor to get alchohol these days?? TOO EASY. Just slapping a legal tag on it and trying to regulate it doesnt mean it is controlled.. It is actually out there more and easily obtainable.
Whats stopping some people from abusing these days is tough penalties, you take away those penalties and they will get abused just like alchohol.
You think having to show a piece of plastic is going to make kids safe. Deterents is the only thing that can keep poeple from abusing.

--------------------

OfflineGuzak
Picnic Picker

Re: LEGALIZE DRUGS?? I THINK NOT! [Re: jenns_hot]
    #6817263 - 04/21/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jenns_hot said:
seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?! I cant take anything you just wrote seriously.

"kids under 10 are using alchohol regularly these days and it will only get worse.."

you sound ignorant.

You are ignorant if you dont realize that kids under 10 ARE doing alchohol regularly. Just because you dont see it in your sheltered part of the world doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

--------------------

Edited by Guzak (04/21/07 10:38 PM)

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6817265 - 04/21/07 10:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

a lot of pharms are a lot worse than the natural hallucinogens

OfflineSalvia_Antics
DMT Convert
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Garden Of Eden Flag
    #6817267 - 04/21/07 10:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Guzak said:
AS much as these drugs are penetrating our society and being abused by the weak, it will get worse even if we DONT legalize these drugs, but tough laws and heavy consiquences are in place to deter the abuse of the substances which keeps the society in a balance.

SO to all you out there who think that legalizing these drugs is the way to go, im sorry but you are wrong.. it would be the decay of our society.

Um our society is decaying anyways. I also dont see much sense in deterring people with consequences because that obviously hasn't worked so far.

And if these drugs where legalized i would want to see a class in school for kids to learn about them with real information.

--------------------

"The dream is dreaming itself"--Kalahari Bushmen

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6817270 - 04/21/07 10:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Still taking english?

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6817272 - 04/21/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Drug policy fails to keep drugs away from children. More than half of high school students in the US graduate having tried an illegal drug. It is common for high schools in the USA and many middle schools to have multiple drug dealers operating in the school, and nearly 90% of young people say it is easy or fairly easy to buy illegal drugs.
[Source: Office of National Drug Control Policy, National Drug Control Strategy: Budget Summary (Washington DC: US Government Printing Office, 1992), pp. 212-214; Office of National Drug Control Policy, National Drug Control Strategy: 2000 Annual Report (Washington DC: US Government Printing Office, 2000), p. 97, figure 4-2; Johnston, L., Bachman, J. & O'Malley, P., Monitoring the Future: National Survey Results on Drug use, 1975-2000, Volume 1: Secondary School Students (Bethesda, MD: NIDA, 2001), p. 341, Table 9-6.]

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#6817273 - 04/21/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

just wondering, what is your experience with psychedelic drugs?

--------------------

OfflineGuzak
Picnic Picker

Re: LEGALIZE DRUGS?? I THINK NOT! [Re: Salvia_Antics]
    #6817274 - 04/21/07 10:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Salvia_Antics said:

Um our society is decaying anyways. I also dont see much sense in deterring people with consequences because that obviously hasn't worked so far.

And if these drugs where legalized i would want to see a class in school for kids to learn about them with real information.

Im sure we've all been through some kind of alchohol awareness in school or some other place... did that deter ANYONE??

--------------------

OfflineGuzak
Picnic Picker

Re: LEGALIZE DRUGS?? I THINK NOT! [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6817279 - 04/21/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
just wondering, what is your experience with psychedelic drugs?

Well i actually started out abusing them. I see how easy it is to abuse them and many of my friends have kept abusing them and fucked themselves up.

--------------------

Offlinejbanks7
Stranger
    #6817280 - 04/21/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I began to write out a serious...then I realized there was no point seeing as how you are an idiot.

Why should the government be allowed to decide what I can and what I can't put into my body?

EDIT:
Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Well i actually started out abusing them. I see how easy it is to abuse them and many of my friends have kept abusing them and fucked themselves up.

So others must be punished because you and your friends can't be responsible?

Edited by jbanks7 (04/21/07 10:47 PM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#6817282 - 04/21/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Guzak said:
Quote:

Salvia_Antics said:

Im sure we've all been through some kind of alchohol awareness in school or some other place... did that deter ANYONE??

Theres a reason why people still do drugs after taking these class's. Its because they make up false facts for example for weed. Once the kid gets pressured into trying weed they realize hey, im not permanently crazy or trying to kill myself guess that means whatever else they said is a lie as well. I guess ill try some meth tomorrow.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (04/21/07 10:46 PM)

OfflineGuzak
Picnic Picker

#6817285 - 04/21/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zenthor said:
Drug policy fails to keep drugs away from children. More than half of high school students in the US graduate having tried an illegal drug. It is common for high schools in the USA and many middle schools to have multiple drug dealers operating in the school, and nearly 90% of young people say it is easy or fairly easy to buy illegal drugs.
[Source: Office of National Drug Control Policy, National Drug Control Strategy: Budget Summary (Washington DC: US Government Printing Office, 1992), pp. 212-214; Office of National Drug Control Policy, National Drug Control Strategy: 2000 Annual Report (Washington DC: US Government Printing Office, 2000), p. 97, figure 4-2; Johnston, L., Bachman, J. & O'Malley, P., Monitoring the Future: National Survey Results on Drug use, 1975-2000, Volume 1: Secondary School Students (Bethesda, MD: NIDA, 2001), p. 341, Table 9-6.]

Yes drug policy isnt 100% effective, but look at alchohol.. more kids try alchohol than illegal drugs, why? because its easy to get.. EASIER THAN ILLEGALS, and there arent as harsh penalties for it.

--------------------

Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
    #6817287 - 04/21/07 10:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well I have never met a ten year old alcoholic but I have numerous friends that have been senselessly locked up for non violent drug crimes. To imply that ten year olds drinking alcohol is a big problem is absurd. These tough penalties and unreasonable laws are ruining good people's lives and only adding to the problem of violence and crime that the underground drug trade helped to create. If we could legalize and regulate drugs through age restrictions and IDs, we would diminish the power of the corrupt and could very possibly have a much more honest and peaceful society.

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

OfflineGuzak
Picnic Picker

#6817292 - 04/21/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Quote:

Guzak said:
Quote:

Salvia_Antics said:

Theres a reason why people still do drugs after taking these class's. Its because they make up false facts for example for weed. Once the kid gets pressured into trying weed they realize hey, im not permanently crazy or trying to kill myself guess that means whatever else they said is a lie as well. I guess ill try some meth tomorrow.

EXACTLY.. so proper education on these drugs doesnt help? so how would making them legal do any better? harsh penalties is the only way to deter people.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds