Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewillo
Male User Gallery

Loc: 106
painkillers
    #6732938 - 03/31/07 08:35 PM (17 years, 1 day ago)

2 months ago I broke my ankle quite badly
now I'm about to start walking again and still facing horrible pain...well maybe I'm a bit of a pussy,but tha fact is I can't stand it for more than a week...so 7 weeks ago I went to my doc and told her I needed something more than codeine,she gave me tramadol which is fine,not too effective but I guess joint pain is strong and hard to turn off,some days it goes away some others it stays but I feel ok...
was wondering if I go on with pain for another month or so will I have trouble quitting my tramadol habit?I take approx 200mg a day,only in the late afternoon and night,because I want to be straight in the first part of the day.
any advice is much appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetools_n_corpses
why did i choosethis name
Male
Re: painkillers [Re: willo]
    #6740167 - 04/02/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If the Tramadol isn't taking away the pain, don't be afraid to up the dosage to several more tablets, because Tramadol is just a single opioid, and contains nothing like paracetemol or other stuff that can be very unhealthy in only small doses.

As for habit-forming, it's hard for me to talk about that because I only took Tramadol for about a week. Not really comparable to seven weeks... but seeing as its an opioid you might want to wary.

--------------------
"Misery only doth exist, none miserable,

No doer is there; naught save the deed is found.

Nirvana is, but not the man who seeks it.

The Path exists, but not the traveler on it.
"

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #6740243 - 04/02/07 09:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I've been prescribed to tramadol for about 7 years or so now. It can be very habit forming if you take too much of it for too long. The withdrawals from it are a bitch - seriously. Insomnia, cold sweats, aches and pains over your whole body...and I won't even get into the horrible stomach problems that come with withdrawals.
If I read your post correctly, you've been taking 200mg of tramadol every day for 7 weeks? If that is the case then yes, you will have problems when you stop taking it. 200mg isn't by any means an excessive amount, it's just that your body becomes dependant on it. Oh, also, tramadol is a SSRI, so when you stop taking it you can get really depressed for a number of days.

My advice would be to plan ahead before you stop taking them. Ween yourself down little by little, and you won't have withdrawals. Good luck!

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: painkillers [Re: tools_n_corpses]
    #6740255 - 04/02/07 09:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tools_n_corpses said:
If the Tramadol isn't taking away the pain, don't be afraid to up the dosage to several more tablets, because Tramadol is just a single opioid, and contains nothing like paracetemol or other stuff that can be very unhealthy in only small doses.

Not to be rude, but that's really lousy advice. Tramadol might not be as strong as percoset or vicodin, but it can still be dangerous, especially if you take too much of it. Overdoses on tramadol typically result in seizures or severe respiratory distress.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Offlinewillo
Male User Gallery

Re: painkillers [Re: Liz]
    #6741149 - 04/03/07 05:32 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

thanks Liz for the advice!I've no experience with opiods prior to this,used to eat opium once in a while but never buildt up a tolerance.
yes I take approx 200 a day,sometimes a little less if I feel better.
The other day I was very tired and felt queesy because of a cold and didn't take it,the following morning I felt like shit!must have been my body missing the nightly dose...fuck this thing is a bitch,I have to stop it as soon as I can,I'm quite often depressed and this cannot help me

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6741902 - 04/03/07 11:52 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

No problem :smile:

Yeah, the waking up feeling like shit is usually what happens to me when I abruptly stop taking tramadol after taking it for a while.  The worst part to me though, is the horrible insomnia.  Being completely exhausted, feeling like shit, and not being able to sleep for even a minute.  I'll lay there, twisting and turning because I feel so restless and uncomfortable from the body aches - then the cold sweat starts, and the nausea. 

Ugh.  Anyways, just make sure you wean yourself off of them slowly.  You don't want to feel like shit!

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#6741956 - 04/03/07 12:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I say get off the pills. Stretch your ankle and soak it in hot salt water. Take care of your injury loosen it up. Pain is a function telling you about a problem. So fix the problem. Ignoring it won't fix it. I have had so many injuries. I have learned how to deal with them. Pain killers are great n all. I used to use them. But going through the pain of withdrawal is almost worse if not way worse then the wurst of my accidents. And I got ran over by a car. Now since then i have broken three bones skateboarding and snowboarding. I refuse to take any real pain killer. Hell i almost refuse to go to the doctors.

Offlinewillo
Male User Gallery

Re: painkillers [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6742168 - 04/03/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

oh don't worry I'm not ignoring it!I'm going to rehab 3 times a weeks for 3 hours of exercise every session.I exercise all the time,I stay in bed almost 24\7 stretching my fucking ankle trying to reach 90° so that I can go and walk in a swimming pool.friday I'm going to have a cat scan to see how the bone is doing and if the pain I have is due to fragments being in the wrong place,if it is so I'll need more surgery.
if it's fine I can start applying weight on it and learn to walk again.
Yes I'm going to try to lay off the pills next week,I've started taking them in the first place because I was freaking out and needed to be calm and focused,now the next step is facing the pain and if it's too much I can always go back on them

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#6745839 - 04/04/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Painkillers do not work for me. It's the weirdest thing. Whether I'm taking it after a surgery or taking it just to relax. It doesn't seem to effect me. Sleeping pills have never worked for me either. I'm not complaining since both of those are addictive substances and I don't have to be worried about that, but still... Sometimes I need to dull the pain.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale