Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDukeRaul
Stranger

Whats your thought on the mycodome??
    #6568065 - 02/14/07 06:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This is my first time expirementing with mycology and I ordered the mycodome with a cambodian strand.. I just wanted to get some feed back on that system and that particular strand.. Any tips advice etc...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeleteMyAccount
Stranger

Re: Whats your thought on the mycodome?? [Re: DukeRaul]
    #6568138 - 02/14/07 06:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My opinion is you should have just surfed shroomery teks and you could have made a better setup yourself for less money. I don't have the mycodome but since it's $200 it should be a good terrarium and incubator. You wont get as many mushrooms as you would with even a mono tub with a single case. If you ever want to use a different setup here is some links.

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
Re: Whats your thought on the mycodome?? [Re: DeleteMyAccount]
    #6568151 - 02/14/07 06:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

cambos are nice and visual though. you can case in the mycodome though, just check out the links!

--------------------

OfflineGalikinokis
Stranger
Female

Loc: Southwest Florida
Re: Whats your thought on the mycodome?? [Re: DukeRaul]
    #6568224 - 02/14/07 06:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My boyfriend and I bought the MycoGarden (the rip-off version for $100) It was shitty to say the least, but it did serve it's purpose and we were able to grow with it! Everyone here will tell you to make your own fruiting chamber, which I agree with - however, when you are first starting out, it's nice to have the Mycodome because you can see how the fruiting chamber works and then after you understand what you need to make one, it's really easy. I was overwhelmed (or just too stoned) to figure out all this humidity, perlite, air-exchange crap to build my own, but once I got the Mycogarden I saw how easy it was to build your own. Oh, and I think on the website it says you'll grow "pounds of mushrooms" with the MycoDome - that's bullshit, but you will get something! Good luck! Just follow the instructions and you'll get it right!

--------------------
:mushroomgrow: ~ Happy Shrooming!~ :mushroomgrow:

:banana: :boobs: :banana:

InvisibleHipsterDoofus
older than dirt
Male
Re: Whats your thought on the mycodome?? [Re: Galikinokis]
    #6568337 - 02/14/07 07:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

When you set it up be careful to watch for leaks. Mine did. They sent a replacement, it was worse. The workmanship is sloppy. It ought to be perfect for the price. It's all off the shelf stuff. All they had to do was drill a hole in the right spot and use a decent quality sealant.

I posted about it on their forums and of course got deleted immediately.

You should also expect to have to cover the unit with a blanket or quilt during incubation to get the temperature up and even.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix