Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms
    #6559311 - 02/12/07 05:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Before i tell you why i possibly cannot eat them anymore let me give you some quick background. I have eatin mushrooms about 10 times, my first time with 5g. and i usually ate about 2-4 grams on the next 7 or so trips, But the last few times i ate them i dosed lower than i had before, i ate only 1.5 grams and i passed out from what i think was a possible anxiety attack or lack of eating, and the time after that i ate 1 gram and fainted again. When i faint i am tripping harder than ever before while i am passed out. My friends tell me i kind of cunvulsed(spelling? on the floor. So i think i shouldnt eat them anymore, or am i going about eating them wrong? should i eat a lot before? whats up.

Youve gotta be Crazy smellin on Summer Daisies

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #6559389 - 02/12/07 05:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm.
make sure you leave a gap between trips, atleast a week, preferably 2-3 months IMO.

try a dif batch, a new strain, start low and see whats going on.

otherwise youve opened the doors too much, and havent learnt whats coming through them,

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineNeuroticTrip
PrefrontalCortex
    #6559483 - 02/12/07 06:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SummerDaisies said:
i passed out from what i think was a possible anxiety attack or lack of eating

Okay... I don't get the big deal about fasting before shrooming. First of all, if you think you're passing out from not eating and the shrooms are making it worse... for god's sake, eat something.

I've eaten while tripping, prior to tripping, and after tripping and even on 4g with an MAOI I did NOT get significantly sick.

So with that in mind... What's the big deal about fasting? Why do people do it? I've had a wicked trip without fasting, and because in my mind (I bodybuild, and take my diet seriously) fasting is unhealthy and causes an unneccessary raise in STRESS hormones, it seems utterly pointless.

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Loc: South of the Arctic
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: NeuroticTrip]
    #6559516 - 02/12/07 06:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

IMO I wouldnt fast because as PFC said above its not healthy for you. If you wish to feel that your body has been purged or is "pure" try eating fruits and vegies the day of or the day prior, thats what Im planning on doing this weekend, just to test it out.

OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Krusty Krab Flag
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: newlife]
    #6559790 - 02/12/07 06:53 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Are you on any MAOl's???
You may just a have a very low tolerance!

--------------------

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: DayTripper1]
    #6559820 - 02/12/07 06:58 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This happens to a lot of people... although its like even a community such as Shroomery doesn't know about it!

Passing out /whiting out/blacking out happens on shrooms sometimes. Its happened to me twice!

Once was lack of eating, tired, dehydrated, at a Phish fest.

Second time should have been no problem, maybe the beer I had pushed me over the edge.

I could feel it coming on both times too, like I was about to pass out. Then I lost my legs and my vision went white and the next thing I knew I was coming to on the floor.

No convulsions here, thankfully.

Only happened twice out of 30 or 40 shroom trips. :shrug:

OfflineHix
Animal Mother
Male

Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: bluedolphin]
    #6559938 - 02/12/07 07:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I had eaten all day my last trip, and got pretty bad gut rot and diarrhea. I didn't barf though. The whole stomach conditioning wasn't fun and extremely painful, but I was tripping and took it as my body cleansing itself of my old self and preparing for a new being. Plus it was the trippiest shit I've ever taken in my entire life, swirling different shades and colors okay I'll stop.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: bluedolphin] * 1
    #6559946 - 02/12/07 07:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Back in July I passed out after a trip and hiking all day and not eating

I sustained two different type of skull fractures in three places. I waited 3 days to go the hospital because after I gained conciousness I forgot I fell. I knocked the vertigo or equilibrium in my right ear along with all my hearing. I developed meningitis in my spinal fluid, which was dripping out my nose. From the internal bleeding and swelling I substained permanant brain damage. I am now permanantly disabled and can't work or even drive.

Shrooms are now toys and should be given the utmost respect. The doctors said I am lucky to even be alive. I had an OBE and was faced with death. My soul stood before God and was given a choice to live or die. I chose lie because I knew it wasn't my time to die. That event forever changed my life. Before that I did not believe in God. I now consider myself 100% better person and try to enjoy life to the max. I feel lucky everday that I am here still kicking it better than ever before. The day I talked to God, he taught me so much about the world. I consider myself twice and smart as I was after one night. He showed me the wonders of nature and humanity. I am forver changed and never have to work a bullshit job again.

Consider what happened to you as lucky. Live and lear from you mistakes and hopefully learn from what I have told you. I still eat mushrooms but I give the respect the deserve. If you do this they will give you respect back.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: daytripper05]
    #6562751 - 02/13/07 12:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

wow man.
destiny seems to connect through psychedelic encounters.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
    #10897792 - 08/20/09 01:55 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't encountered a good entheogen that I wouldn't try agian, although I had a difficult experience on 5-meo-dmt.  Snorted 10mg's and loved the feeling, so I went for another 10.  Bad Idea.  My senses were amplified beyond my control and I really thought I was going to die.  I tried to wake my sleeping brother to bid him goodbye and mabe some help if I lived.  He was drunk and didn't wake, and after 5 min or so I recovered, laughted hysterically and mocked myself out loud for overreacting.  I'm sure this can happen when too much of any substance is ingested.  I had a similar experience on B. cappi mixed with 1.5g of cubensis, but not as intense.  Funny -- on both occasions I felt that all sounds were being inscribed into my brain?!  During both experiences I remember hating the sounds of crickets in the background outside.  In fact it seemd that they were mocking my state of mind by increasing the volume of their song.  It was relentless.  Having said all that I consider the 5-meo experience to be my only bad trip ever, and I am well experinced.  I could hear the resonance of the electricity flowing through my house!  I just wanted silence, but could not find it.  The bad effects only lasted 5 min or so, but as we all know that is an eternity when a trip becomes difficult. peace

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

OfflineNickhvk
The Lion
Male

Loc: California
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: smokescreen]
    #10897825 - 08/20/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The only time I had a semi-bad trip is from being dehydrated. Maybe your mind just is reacting negatively to the doors being opened, or you're getting some bad caps or something. Your friends that trip with you haven't ever had problems on the same batch?

--------------------
"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."
- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#10898141 - 08/20/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Besides the bump of an old post....

What ever happened summerdaisies?

Do you eat shrooms again?

OfflineShroomyJuice
Stranger
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: Nickhvk]
    #10898180 - 08/20/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have heard that too much sugary foods before a trip may sometimes cause a drop in your blood sugar causing you to faint. As for fasting I usually drink a small amount of fruit juice or eat some fruit that day. I wait until the headache and cramps are gone from fasting/only drinking juice and the toxins leave my body (4-6 hours after waking up) then I eat my mushies.

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: Why i can no longer eat Mushrooms [Re: ShroomyJuice]
    #10899098 - 08/20/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i well i guess to update. i have eatin mushrooms a lot more after this in varying doses and haven't fainted again. It was just from that one batch that made me faint so i wonder what was up with those mushrooms:shrug: But i never really liked mushrooms that much so i think i have kinda called it quits with them. I haven't ingested them in 6 months+ and i dont feel the need to return at this point.

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#10900274 - 08/20/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thats pretty wierd.

:shrug:

I didnt like shrooms for probably the first 10 times I ate them..... But now, I love them, tho, I gotta admit,  I wish I had easier access to LSD or E... something a BIT more recreational.

Shrooms give me pretty 'heavy'(both physically and mentally)  trips as a general rule, While I -can- 'take it lightly' I get the feeling the shrooms would rather not. :tongue2:

Side note:

You gotta eat some cactus. TOTALLY different character than shrooms. Very friendly. ( IMO )

You will love it.

Ingestion = the part that makes it a less frequent occurance for me.

BUT, I 100% recomend tea for the first time out..... at least half of the "fun" of mescalito is the purge.

:projectile:

:laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract