Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN]
    #6539427 - 02/07/07 07:16 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

RCMP bust synthetic drug ring
February 7, 2007 - 24hrs.ca

The scope of the synthetic drug trade is being ignored, RCMP said as they showed off a massive amount of drugs seized in a recent bust.

On Jan. 30, police busted a significant ecstasy-producing ring in Richmond, Burnaby and Vancouver, seizing 89 kilograms of MDA, more than 33,000 ecstasy tablets, 20 kilograms of crystal meth (to be mixed in with ecstasy in tablets), $25,000 in cash, and nine pill presses from five residences.

Police believe the main drug lab was a Richmond residence at 3671 Raymond Avenue, where there was enough MDA on hand to produce over 890,000 tablets, which sell for $10 each.

With nine pill presses, police believe the suspects were able to produce thousands of pills per hour and that the amount seized could pale in comparison to the number of drugs from the ring that have already found their way onto the streets.

Seven people have been arrested and face charges, but have been released on bail.

Sgt. Scott Rintoul of the RCMP's Drugs and Organized Crime Awareness Service said that synthetic drugs such as ecstasy aren't getting the attention they deserve.

"Ecstasy is the new meth. Behind marijuana, it's the No. 2 used drug in the province," he said.

But because it's used as a social drug, Rintoul believes society has been "ignorant" to the dangers of the "synthetic world."

Last year, a 14-year-old girl in B.C. died after taking ecstasy, and Rintoul has heard of children even younger trying the drug.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: veggie]
    #6539428 - 02/07/07 07:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

damn, 89kgs

I'm not a big fan of MDA/MDMA but I think I'd have to eat some or do a line of it or something

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: demiu5]
    #6539443 - 02/07/07 07:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the amount of MDMA that FLOWS out of canada.

RCMP's lol...thanks to rocky and bullwinkle I will always have fond memories of the RCMP.

Kinda pisses me off that they are referring to it as "the new meth" as the drugs are hardly alike. I guess to any non-chemist their names might show similarities, but the experience and the overal effects on the body arent really in the same league.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: dedjam]
    #6539660 - 02/07/07 09:06 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

glad to see my tax dollars are paying the people making my E.
sad to see the government still hasn't caught on.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6539916 - 02/07/07 10:51 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

>>>Ecstasy is the new meth

Theres no logic in that statement. What an idiot.

They always get people that know fuck all about drugs to make the statement, then wonder why the kids know they are lying and decide to try them for themselves.

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #6540068 - 02/07/07 11:46 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

"Ecstasy is the new meth. Behind marijuana, it's the No. 2 used drug in the province," he said.

The new meth? I could swear that everyone in the prohibitionist camp is saying that meth is the 'new' thing.

Well, i guess you can just say whatever you want when you don't have to worry about being logically or factually correct on a subject.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #6540592 - 02/07/07 02:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

But because it's used as a social drug, Rintoul believes society has been "ignorant" to the dangers of the "synthetic world."

Last year, a 14-year-old girl in B.C. died after taking ecstasy, and Rintoul has heard of children even younger trying the drug.

Yes, they're right - we seem to think pharms from the doctors are harmless and there's thousands of deaths from them every year. We even give them to children if they can't focus. But heaven forbid 1 person should die from taking E.... I like how they always find the youngest possible user just to rack up some emotion in the reader (and the usual result is MORE DRUG WARS PLEASE! SAVE OUR CHILRDEN!!!).

OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: Sheepish]
    #6541111 - 02/07/07 04:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Not only that, they didn't even say the actual cause of death, only that she died after taking it.

Lots of people die after they perform actions. To say that one caused another is not necessarily true.

Maybe she was hit by a drunk driver?

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6542901 - 02/08/07 12:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Or maybe she died from too much water, or an adultered pill, or simply a bad reaction.
They make it seem like pure MDMA will kill anyone who touches it, which simply isn't true. Then again, having a black market makes it harder to get clean and pure products, so basically they're doing their citizens MORE harm.

OfflineOjom
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: Sheepish]
    #6543338 - 02/08/07 05:44 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'm curious if the information in this article is even correct. Was all 89 kgs of seized "ecstacy" really MDA? If so that seems very odd to me as MDA pills aren't particularly common. I've known of only 1 press that was consistently pure MDA and that was the "1"s that were around a few years ago.

Even if these guys were producing adulterated pills I'm sorry to see them out of business. I can deal with a few mgs of meth in my pills as long as there is substantially more MDA/MDMA than meth. I like ecstacy for the sex and a lil meth makes the sex that much better.

InvisibleMezcal
    #6544644 - 02/08/07 04:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

89kgs of MDA... talk about being up the creek...

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: Mezcal]
    #6547083 - 02/09/07 09:42 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

update, in surrey BC, dozens of barrels of acetone, red phosphorus, etc, discoveredby sanitation workers dumped allong road some of the workers were hospitalized due to contact, RELATED?
i think so

February 8, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emergency Officials have met to determine a course of action regarding two chemical dump sites. One site located on the NW corner of 182nd street & 70 Avenue had been disturbed by machinery and a reaction took place. That site is not reacting at this time. The RCMP have secured the site.

The second site in the area of 194th street around the 7300 block was not disturbed and the area has been sheltered with a tent.

At this time, both sites are considered stable. Testing of the chemicals will be undertaken. Once the nature of the Chemicals is determined, Officials will develop a clear course of action.

http://www.surrey.ca/Whats+New/News+Releases/Current/February/Hazardous+Materials+Chemical+Dumpsite.htm

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: Ojom]
    #6547193 - 02/09/07 11:04 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ojom said:
I'm curious if the information in this article is even correct. Was all 89 kgs of seized "ecstacy" really MDA? If so that seems very odd to me as MDA pills aren't particularly common. I've known of only 1 press that was consistently pure MDA and that was the "1"s that were around a few years ago.

i'm not up to snuff on MDMA synthesis, but I *think* that in some procedures MDA is an intermediate, like an almost-there precursor, to MDMA. i.e., the MDA is synthesized first and another "step" or two later it is reacted to MDMA... that explains why you see pills containing mixtures of both, because the MDA->MDMA reaction wasn't carried out completely.

http://www.mdma.net/mdma.html

might not have been their intent to distribute straight MDA.

Offlinemagicmanz
new guy

Re: RCMP bust synthetic drug ring [CAN] [Re: creamcorn]
    #6547868 - 02/09/07 03:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

funny you say that ojom, theres allot of number ones giong around here..

--------------------
ticketmaster...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom