Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeadflesh613
Stranger
Sick from shrooms?
    #6420810 - 01/03/07 08:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

After my last two trips on shrooms I don't think I'm going to eat them again. I ate 4 grams of shrooms on thanksgiving, not too long after chowing down all that good food. Four hours after I ate the shrooms I started vomiting uncontrollably until i went to the hospital 6 hours later to receive anti nausea and painkiller injections. I came down with pancreatitis (inflamation of the pancreas), and the dr's had no idea how I got it (didn't tell them I was trippin). I was in the hospital for four days, and about two weeks after getting out I ate 2 grams of shrooms --on an empty stomach this time--and the same thing happened! My white blood cell levels were at 2600---they aren't supposed to be over 300. I haven't eaten shrooms since then and, of course, I haven't gotten sick. Anyone know why they do this to me? I've eaten them before with no problem and my friends who took them with me had no problems either, so I have no clue why they would've done that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Sick from shrooms? [Re: deadflesh613]
    #6420813 - 01/03/07 08:06 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Were they both from the same batch?

Maybe whoever grew them may have had a problem with some nasty contams that made their way into the shrooms.

EDIT: Ooops, had to reread the last part of your post... If your friend ate the EXACT same shrooms from the EXACT same bag, maybe they were contamed, but he just resisted the ill effects?

Or, where they originally from the same batch, but yours were stored differently? Maybe you had a single bad cap that your friend didn't? Were they black? Wet or cracker dry?

Edited by RoosterCogburn (01/03/07 08:10 AM)

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
Re: Sick from shrooms? [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6420860 - 01/03/07 08:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It is common to feel sick and even throw up after ingestion of shrooms, however to have to go to the hospital for it, and the white blood cell count thing is very strange. I would say it was probably you freaking out, and something was already there, or maybe your senses were heightened and you felt something you didn't feel before. However if it was from the shroom I would say it most likely was contamination. However people are allergic to stranger things.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Sick from shrooms? [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #6420917 - 01/03/07 09:00 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe you had an underlying condition that the mushrooms triggered... I've never heard of anyone having that sort of immune system reaction from shrooms.

The contam theory seems to make sense to me as well, when you don't know where your shrooms came from, you don't know what other organisms could have grown on them, could have been something bad!

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinedeadflesh613
Stranger
Re: Sick from shrooms? [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6423490 - 01/04/07 12:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The shrooms were all from the same bag, and were split up between three people both times. They looked to be the same shrooms both times--they looked like typical P. Cubensis mushrooms but they were pretty dark & they were totally dry. And they were extremely potent. The weird thing is I've eaten shrooms before with no problems, other than slight gastroinestinal discomfort. But when the shrooms made me sick, it was unlike anything I've experienced before. The trip just stopped at a random point, about 4 hours after I ate them, and then I would throw up uncontrollably and I had unbearable stomach pains until I went to the hospital to get pain medication/ anti nausea medication. They gave me ultrasounds and bloodtests and diagnosed me with pancreatitis, which was why my white blood cell count was so high. I've just never heard of shrooms giving someone pancreatitis before so I was just kind of wondering...could it be from eating them on such a full stomach? Everyone I ask seems to be just as clueless as I am lol...I'd love to try them again but I don't know if they'll do that to me again. Maybe I should just stick with acid?

Offlinedeadflesh613
Stranger
    #6423521 - 01/04/07 12:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Actually now that I think about it, the first time I got sick there were two baggies, each with about 4.5 grams of shrooms. We put them together and split them up--me and my friend each ate 4 grams and my girlfriend ate a gram. Both of them tripped hard for 6 hours+ and neither of them got sick at all.

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
    #6423572 - 01/04/07 12:44 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmm, I really doubt that it was the shrooms them selves. I'm not positive what happened.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale