Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Week 13 Picks
    #6321020 - 11/30/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Since games start tonight, I guess someone better start making some picks...All my picks have been brutal lately, btw. I think I had 8 wrong last week in my office pool, so these are definately for entertainment purposes only.

Baltimore @ Cincinattica - Love the Ravens D, and Bengals D is non-existant, plus Jamal is starting to run. Ravens in a close one.

Vikings @ Bears - This wont be near as close as the last Vikings-Bears game. The Vikings have a great run defense, but next to no pass defense, and we see Rex likes to throw it. Whether he can hit his own guy or not is the question. And the Bears should get a few from Grandpa Johnson. BTW, its going to be COOOOLD for this one. Its like, 20 today and snow/sleet expected this weekend.

KC @ Cleveland - Love the Chiefs. Romeo Crennel should be fired. Larry Johnson is the best back in the league, LT included.

Chargers @ Buffalo - LT is really really good though. And who knew Phillip Rivers could play like that? I thought he sucked before, but he looks GREAT. Chargers are my super-bowl pick at this time. Oh, plus they get PROVEN STEROID USERShawn Merriman back for this one.

Colts @ Titans - If the Titans had ANY defense at all, I might pick them to beat the Colts in TN. But they really dont have any at ALL. I'd be nervous if I was an Indy fan though. They do not look by any means unstoppable this year.

Jets @ Packers - I said this when they played New England too, but its a different month now. Brett Favre, in December, at Lambeau in the snow. I refuse to bet against that.

Falcons @ Redskins - Yes, Michael Vick looks shaky lately. No, you shouldnt bench him. For Matt Schaub? C'mon. I dont even see why they make him pass though. Just let him RUN. have him throw 10 times a game to keep people honest. And all those receivers should be fired. Immediately. I could do better.

Detroit @ New England - Asanti Fucking Samuel. Fuck him. Tom Brady pisses me off too. Fuck that whole organization. I dont even like New England anymore. Fuck the whole region.

Arizona @ St. Louis - Should be a fun one. Two high-scoring teams w/ almost no defense inside dome on the turf. Over under should be 90. I think St. Louis will take it, just because of home field. I think these two teams are pretty evenly matched though.

SF @ New Orleans - Back in the Superdome and the Saints are a playoff (!) team. But SF is showing some life too with Frank Gore showing why he was so good in Miami. Could it be that Frank Gore is a better running back than Reggie Bush, who so far is just not really a factor?

Texans @ Oakland - The Raiders have to win sometime, right? But that locker room is really fucked up. Can anyone say they care about this game?

Jaguars @ Miami - I've always liked Joey Harrington, I did when he was in Detroit too. I never thought he'd be the starter over Culpepper though, that blows my mind. And he's looking good. If they were in the NFC, Miami would be a play-off team.

Dallas @ Giants - Everyone thinks this is going to be a total blow-out, but I dont think so. Romo played really good against some bad defenses and he wont be whipping the ball around the Meadowlands. Yes, the Giants are torn to shreds with injury, and they're fighting amongst themselves, but they have to have some pride. I think Dallas wins, but it'll be close.

Bucs @ Pittsburgh - The Steelers are pathetic lately. I'd just sit Ben down until next year and let him really get right. You arent going anywhere. And I dont think the Bucs should re-sign Simms. Gradkowski looks just as good, and you'll pay him alot less.

Seattle @ Denver - I'd be worried if I were a Seahawks fan as well. Sure, they won on Monday, but they got alot of points put on them by a shitty Packers team, and you cant blame a rusty Alexander/Hasselbeck for that. Luckily for them, they'll probably be playing Jay Cutler in his first game as a pro, so they shouldnt have too many problems.

Carolina @ Philadelphia - Huge loss to lose Mcnabb when you still had an outside chance at the play-offs. Meanwhile, Carolina with the exception of last week has been beating the teams they should beat, and I think Philly falls into that category now.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Week 13 Picks [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6321077 - 11/30/06 10:45 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Baltimore @ Cincinattica - Love the Ravens D, and Bengals D is non-existant, plus Jamal is starting to run.  Ravens in a close one.

I reluctantly agree with you, though I expect a shootout when the Bengals come out with guns blazing. This game gets decided by a field goal.

Quote:

Vikings @ Bears - This wont be near as close as the last Vikings-Bears game.  The Vikings have a great run defense, but next to no pass defense, and we see Rex likes to throw it.  Whether he can hit his own guy or not is the question.  And the Bears should get a few from Grandpa Johnson.  BTW, its going to be COOOOLD for this one.  Its like, 20 today and snow/sleet expected this weekend.

:thumbup:

Quote:

KC @ Cleveland - Love the Chiefs.  Romeo Crennel should be fired.  Larry Johnson is the best back in the league, LT included.

Quote:

Chargers @ Buffalo - LT is really really good though.  And who knew Phillip Rivers could play like that?  I thought he sucked before, but he looks GREAT.  Chargers are my super-bowl pick at this time.  Oh, plus they get PROVEN STEROID USERShawn Merriman back for this one.

Quote:

Colts @ Titans - If the Titans had ANY defense at all, I might pick them to beat the Colts in TN.  But they really dont have any at ALL.  I'd be nervous if I was an Indy fan though.  They do not look by any means unstoppable this year.

Quote:

Jets @ Packers - I said this when they played New England too, but its a different month now.  Brett Favre, in December, at Lambeau in the snow.  I refuse to bet against that.

:thumbdown: :smirk:

Quote:

Falcons @ Redskins - Yes, Michael Vick looks shaky lately.  No, you shouldnt bench him. For Matt Schaub?  C'mon.  I dont even see why they make him pass though.  Just let him RUN.  have him throw 10 times a game to keep people honest.  And all those receivers should be fired.  Immediately.  I could do better.

Quote:

Detroit @ New England - Asanti Fucking Samuel.  Fuck him.  Tom Brady pisses me off too.  Fuck that whole organization.  I dont even like New England anymore.  Fuck the whole region.

:thumbup: <--on all counts

Quote:

Arizona @ St. Louis -  Should be a fun one.  Two high-scoring teams w/ almost no defense inside dome on the turf.  Over under should be 90.  I think St. Louis will take it, just because of home field.  I think these two teams are pretty evenly matched though.

:thumbdown: Matt Leinart wins his second NFL game.

Quote:

SF @ New Orleans - Back in the Superdome and the Saints are a playoff (!) team.  But SF is showing some life too with Frank Gore showing why he was so good in Miami.  Could it be that Frank Gore is a better running back than Reggie Bush, who so far is just not really a factor?

Quote:

Texans @ Oakland - The Raiders have to win sometime, right?  But that locker room is really fucked up.  Can anyone say they care about this game?

:thumbdown: Oakland - #1 draft pick in 2007

Quote:

Jaguars @ Miami - I've always liked Joey Harrington, I did when he was in Detroit too.  I never thought he'd be the starter over Culpepper though, that blows my mind.  And he's looking good.  If they were in the NFC, Miami would be a play-off team.

:thumbdown:  Jags lost a heartbreaker last week in the shittiest of ways, I see them coming back with a vengeance this week.

Quote:

Dallas @ Giants - Everyone thinks this is going to be a total blow-out, but I dont think so.  Romo played really good against some bad defenses and he wont be whipping the ball around the Meadowlands.  Yes, the Giants are torn to shreds with injury, and they're fighting amongst themselves, but they have to have some pride.  I think Dallas wins, but it'll be close.

Quote:

Bucs @ Pittsburgh - The Steelers are pathetic lately. I'd just sit Ben down until next year and let him really get right.  You arent going anywhere.  And I dont think the Bucs should re-sign Simms.  Gradkowski looks just as good, and you'll pay him alot less.

:thumbdown: - No way man, just no way the Bucs win this game. Willie Parker's gonna have like 150 total yards and Ben is gonna have 2 TD's to go along with his two interceptions, one of which Ronde might run back for a TD.

Quote:

Seattle @ Denver - I'd be worried if I were a Seahawks fan as well.  Sure, they won on Monday, but they got alot of points put on them by a shitty Packers team, and you cant blame a rusty Alexander/Hasselbeck for that.  Luckily for them, they'll probably be playing Jay Cutler in his first game as a pro, so they shouldnt have too many problems.

Carolina @ Philadelphia - Huge loss to lose Mcnabb when you still had an outside chance at the play-offs.  Meanwhile, Carolina with the exception of last week has been beating the teams they should beat, and I think Philly falls into that category now.

:thumbup:  I love seeing carolina fucking suck this year, but they'll win that match.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Week 13 Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6321131 - 11/30/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with all of OMR's predictions. :thumbup:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6321143 - 11/30/06 11:05 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I cant believe you like Chad Pennington over Brett Favre.

Say that to yourself out loud.

Name one other Jets player. I cant, and I watch alot of football.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Male

#6321153 - 11/30/06 11:07 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Kerry Rhodes, Leon Washington, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Laveranues coles, Jerricho Cotchery, Justin McCareins, Chris Baker :confused:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

#6321156 - 11/30/06 11:08 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, and I don't like Chad Pennington over Brett Favre, I like the Jets D over the Green Bay offense.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6321159 - 11/30/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I guess you DO live in NY.

--------------------

Offlineminesstudent
Who knows?
Male

#6321179 - 11/30/06 11:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Denver is going to beat Seattle, expect a LOT of running. Seattle's run defence sucks.

And its easier to just hand the ball off, hopefully we can expect Jay to be able to do that. Personally I wish we still had Jake. Preferably in "No Mistake" mode.

Edited by minesstudent (11/30/06 11:24 AM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6321869 - 11/30/06 03:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

GB will beat the Jets.

Male

#6323608 - 12/01/06 08:21 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Bah I knew I shoulda picked Cincy - they needed to win the game, and they got 'er done.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6328268 - 12/02/06 07:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

So they have a defense now, apparently?

When did this happen...

--------------------

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
    #6329868 - 12/03/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

DET vs NE - NE
SF vs NO - NO
ARZ vs STL - STL
ATL vs WAS - WAS
IND vs TEN - IND
KC vs CLE - KC
MIN vs CHI - CHI
NYJ vs GB - GB
SD vs BUF - SD
JAX vs MIA - MIA
HOU vs OAK - HOU
DAL vs NYG - DAL
TB vs PIT - PIT
SEA vs DEN - DEN
BALT vs CIN - BALT
CAR vs PHIL - CAR

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Week 13 Picks [Re: minesstudent]
    #6329913 - 12/03/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Cutler has better accuracy than Plummer, by far.  Which means that he'll complete say 5-8 more passes than Plummer would have, meaning extended drives.  That's what the problem is with the Broncos, not enough long sustained drives, forcing our D to play more than half the game on the field.  Which would also account for all the injuries the D has suffered.

I have no idea who's going to win.  :laugh:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6329956 - 12/03/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

alright.. cincy already won so im not taking credit for that one but here are mine.

Baltimore @ Cincinattica .. cincy

Vikings @ Bears... bears

KC @ Cleveland ... KC

Chargers @ Buffalo.. San Diego

Colts @ Titans... Colts

Jets @ Packers.. Packers

Falcons @ Redskins .. Falcons

Detroit @ New England.. NE

Arizona @ St. Louis.. Ariz

SF @ New Orleans.. SF

Texans @ Oakland.. Oak

Jaguars @ Miami.. Miami

Dallas @ Giants .. Dallas

Bucs @ Pittsburgh.. Bucks

Seattle @ Denver.. Denver

Carolina @ Philadelphia.. Carolina

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6330205 - 12/03/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
I cant believe you like Chad Pennington over Brett Favre.

Say that to yourself out loud.

Name one other Jets player. I cant, and I watch alot of football.

Say all of that outloud to yourself after checking the score of that game.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Week 13 Picks [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6330453 - 12/03/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I was watching the Bears game and checking out the scores as they flashed by up in the corner...

I knew some kind of "Mea Culpa" post was going to be necessary after it got to be 24-7.

--------------------

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
    #6330846 - 12/03/06 05:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i dont think any of saw the titans coming away with that 60 yder to win
and finally reggie has his day in the dome.

--------------------

InvisiblecApTaInCrAp
Delightfullyexcellent
 User Gallery

Re: Week 13 Picks [Re: Audi0]
    #6331495 - 12/03/06 09:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Seattle forcing 5 turnovers, NAUICE..

--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."

Male

Re: Week 13 Picks [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #6331759 - 12/03/06 11:19 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I missed out on the playoffs in one fantasy league by not playing the Seattle D. :frown:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1