Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
Sun dried Peruvian Torch Question...
    #5932716 - 08/04/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone knew how I should dry a 12" cutting of Peruvian Torch cactus. Also, how I should prepare it? I read somewhere about just grinding it up in a coffee grinder? And how long of a peruvian torch cactus would be an sufficent amount of Mescaline for 2 people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Sun dried Peruvian Torch Question... [Re: Dudeyourgone]
    #5932764 - 08/04/06 09:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I had bought a foot long cutting (that was actually 11") and just cut it up, blended it and slammed it. It was about 5 cups and wasn't terribly easy to get down but it ended up not doing jack for me. I think it was a young one though and that's all there was to it. I'd advise at least a foot per person but healthy sized (nice and thick). You're gonna want to confirm that with someone else though 'cause I'm not exactly an expert.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_sanpedro_potency_faq.shtml

Try checking out the link above. It has some info on the mescaline levels contained in peyote, pachanoi and peruvianus. Basically, what I got out of it is that pachanoi is more consistent but that peruvian has the potential to be very potent also. I'd advise trying to go by what it says on there though.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Sun dried Peruvian Torch Question... [Re: truffleupagus]
    #5932777 - 08/04/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

As far as preparation and how to dry it out, I don't know. I've only drank it blended up and blended/boiled down with San Pedro. Next time I'll probably try boiling it down and encapsulating it.

Invisiblespecial_k
Ketamine is myLSD

Loc: TX
    #5932978 - 08/04/06 10:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The best way to dry it would be to cut it like a cucumber thin and than place it in a dehydrator. If you don't have a dehyrator, you could probably sun-dry or use a low-heat oven. Than powder it using a coffee grinder.
Dosage is difficult to calculate and can vary drastically. Read the erowid FAQ above to get a good idea of testing your cactus.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Sun dried Peruvian Torch Question... [Re: special_k]
    #5934050 - 08/05/06 09:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Alright... I'll try to keep it brief.

Don't buy live "peruvian torch" on the internet. The reason, is that most nurseries in the U.S. carry a variety of supposed peruvianus called "KK242". Whether or not this is the "true" form of peruvianus is a heated debate, and we don't need to discuss it at the moment. But the fact is that this variety, believed by some to be really T. Cuzcoensis, is grown from seed on a considerably large scale in the US as an ornamental cactus. And it has been for decades. Those who produce it in mass stick with the one variety. Simillarly nearly all San Pedro you come across (both in normal plant shops and online shops) are of the same Backeberg clone.

So even online shops will 95% of the time send you a kk242 plant. BBB is known for doing this. The problem with this is that kk242 contains nearly none of the goodies you're after.

Now, if you buy dried cactus, it's a different story. It is still often sold as "peruvian torch" or peruvianus. But this is because it is either believed to be so, though not properly identified by an expert on the subject, or just because it is a well known, somewhat catchy name. The plants actually used for the "incense" differ depending on location. Many are probably hybrids of different species we know of. Some could be bridgesii, or some form of pachanoi, etc. But two of the main suppliers of the material at the moment use what seems to be T. Macrogonus, a fairly powerful cactus. Some even speculate that T. Macrogonus is the real peruvianus.

Wasn't as brief as I'd hoped... In short: If you're buying live plants, get a bridgesii or a pachanoi from a good source. Skip the peruvianus. Macrogonus would also be a wise choice. Also: Plant one! And plant some seeds!

Lastly, why do you want to dry the cactus? You'll likely make it into some kind of tea anyway. I say just follow MJshroomer's tek. It's on erowid now. And for dosage... sometimes 12" is enough per person. Sometimes it isn't. 16-18" of anything decent will be enough for your first time. The alleged peruvianus you might buy would not offer a trip at this dosage, most likely.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Sun dried Peruvian Torch Question... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5936528 - 08/06/06 09:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That was pretty good advice you offered him. I'll take your advice too and not buy Peruvianus anymore.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #7210993 - 07/22/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, that seems like crap to me. I bought one of those and it's strong. Also, I heard that mescaline is produced from the tryamine and tyrosine and phenylalanine and everything growing in the plant, when it's exposed to less water and massive heat and sunlight, for some reason it converts more mescaline. I'd think that since it takes months for the cactus to dry out and die completely, if you want to make a tea out of it, you should leave it in the sun, and let it go through it's course even as it's drying, as far as I know, mescaline is the most stable molecule in there, and can last for years out of the cactus, so if you dry it, it should have the most mescaline and least of other substances.
PEACE

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale