Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
List the jobs you've had
    #5909253 - 07/28/06 03:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

...in order. Maybe a blurb about them too.

Mine:

Reptile handler -- Horrible experience, quit very quickly

Grocery clerk -- Monotonous, pleasureless; nothing is ever accomplished. Destroys a person's soul.

Web developer -- Not for me

Housekeeper -- Thankless, low-paying hard work

Surveyor/Engineering tech -- Current job. I like it a lot.

I'd be interested to see what you all have done in your years.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshithead
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #5909305 - 07/28/06 03:31 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Before I start I have to ask what this was?
>Reptile handler -- Horrible experience, quit very quickly<

Helping dad on farm, sucked but I couldnt very well quit it I wanted to eat.

cashier in movie theater, was cool, until theater closed.

a Wheatie, during some summers, thats people who travel cutting wheat
was ok, but hard, and dirty

School now, its the perfect job. :cool:

--------------------
I just have names.
shit has been way busy, names have been flying out the door. No time for special name shit.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #5909312 - 07/28/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

burger king
then arbys
then back to burger king for a little bit
then eegees

then i said fuck that fast food shit and did construction

then that fell through and i went back to fast food, burger king
then taco bell
then i got a job i really liked for a while, working for a guy who puts together and maintains the weight rooms for the high schools and apartment complexes and shit around here. he hired his son in law and had to "let me go" to make some room for him.  :smirk: what ever....

then i went back to burger king (i never learn from my mistakes.) honestly though, i never like going without a job, and all i have to do in a bind is walk into any burger king and lay down my experience....hired on the spot. it sucks balls but its some cash in my pocket and  im only there till i find something better/different.

currently doing landscaping. love it. although the sun can kiss my ass everyday around 2 pm this time of year, i enjoy being outside and not having to deal with people.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: wrestler_az]
    #5909349 - 07/28/06 03:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

burgerville
tons of temp jobs thru labor ready
taco bell
jack in the box
round table pizza :laugh: thats where i work right now

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #5909367 - 07/28/06 03:45 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

paperboy - hard work for shitty pay

mcdonalds - smelled like shit after every shift, the managers were dicks, shitty pay.

labourer at a place that recycled plastic - ok pay, couldnt see myself doing that for a long period of time, quit.

*current- front line tech support for best buy (GeekSquad) - ok pay, managers are pretty good same with my co-workers, it's an alright job, will help me save up to leave this shit rat town

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #5909376 - 07/28/06 03:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Masonry laborer - Very hard but good paying and rewarding work.

Masonry bricklayer - Same except it's a skill I can take anywhere in the world if I need to fall back on anything.

Pizza Pro - Kinda sucked, but damn I can make some badass pizza and now I know a little something about the food industry.

Edited by Cowgold (06/03/07 11:52 PM)

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: barfightlard]
    #5909427 - 07/28/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Bagel place - one day, scrubbing bagel sheets and baking bagels, cleaning the grill, mopping the floor. Bullshit

Skate shop - pretty fucking awesome, ok pay, good discounts, about a year

Car wash - fucking monkey work, get real baked and hit the tires before the car goes in, just up and left in the middle of a shift one day.

Cell phone store - paid to sit online all day, fucking whack, about a month

snowboard/skate shop - ok pay, cool coworkers, gay ass owner, super gay, about 2 months

skatepark supervisor at the Y - best job EVER. PAID TO SKATE. Only 9 hours a week, but damn, what a job. Paid to get nasty.

Office Manager for an ebay company - 1 year, great pay, but increasing responsibility without compensation, learned a ton

Warehouse grunt - just a few extra bucks, did pull-ups on the shelves and shit

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: shithead]
    #5909429 - 07/28/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shithead said:
Before I start I have to ask what this was?
>Reptile handler -- Horrible experience, quit very quickly

Saw it on a job bank:

Experience: None required
Rate of pay: $30 per 3-hour show.

I did the math and figured it was $10 an hour. Not bad when minimum wage was $5.40. It turns out a three-hour show takes about 5 hours of work. And shitty work at that.

I only did one show. My boss and I took a vanful of snakes and bearded dragons to an elementary school classroom. My job on the way there was to crouch in the back of the van (which was kept at ninety-five degrees to keep the snakes comfortable), surrounded by coolers each containing a python or a boa constrictor (ranging from three to ten feet in length.) My boss didn't lock the coolers because the snakes would stress themselves out by banging their heads on the lid.

So here I am, crouched in this scorching hot van, pouring sweat, with fucking pythons popping their heads up all around me (I had only held one or two snakes at that point in my life) and I'm trying to guide them back into their boxes.

When we arrive, we brought the animals to a tiny classroom with fifty screaming kids in it, also heated to ninety-something. My boss drops a python on my shoulders and tells me to show the kids. I wander into the kids and half them are screaming, half crying, half over-excited. Meanwhile the snake is crawling down my back and wrapping the tip of its tail around my upper thigh, elliciting more screams from the kids.

Three hours of this and then another damn van ride home. I told him I quit the next time he called.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5909450 - 07/28/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Inventory Clerk -- I had to work graveyard shift and listen to soft rock while I counted inventory for various different stores, but all-in-all, it wasn't so bad. I managed to pull off the hours by taking a couple capsules of dexedrine before work.

Intern -- I worked for the state water board doing data entry and various other tasks around the office. It was a pretty chill job with pretty good pay, but I didn't really relate to my co-workers very well. My boss fired me for some bullshit reason. It was later discovered that she was a sexist bitch who fired every male that worked for her.

Ride Operator -- I worked at a family amusement park operating rides and making minimum wage. I worked there during the summer while going to college. I got along great with some of my co-workers for a while, but each year I came back, there would be different people working there. By the time I finished college, I figured I was too old to back again.

Janitor -- My current job. I really need to find something else. It fucking sucks.

There are a couple other things that weren't really jobs that I put on my resume anyway to look more important.

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #5909460 - 07/28/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I work at a nursery.. and have for more than 6 years.. really the only job I've ever had. Well it's flexible enough where I can come and go throughout the year, and I like driving a golf cart around.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5909462 - 07/28/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

fluffer

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: goobler]
    #5909464 - 07/28/06 04:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

nice

OfflineSamuel
u-knit-e
Female User Gallery

Loc: In the hearts of the A-Te...
    #5909472 - 07/28/06 04:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Page at local library - put books away, not bad, gave me headaches
Burger King - Loved it, but quit because I needed more money
CVS - Photo Tech, then Photo Supervisor, then District Photo supervisor... Yeah, corporate America absolutely sucks and I'll never do it again.

I'm now the graphic designer at Classic Elite Yarns. I'm also designing knit and crochet garments freelance which I submit to books and magazines. (see website below) shameless plug...  :tongue2:

--------------------
:heart: :heart:

InvisibleMckennaManiac420
HEIL HOUSELER!
 User Gallery
Loc: Drunk Male Prostitute
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Silversoul]
    #5909473 - 07/28/06 04:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Laborer at a Lumbermill

Market Value Analyst Internship

Real Estate Research Analyst

Commercial Banker

--------------------
:septemberlol:

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: MckennaManiac420]
    #5909661 - 07/28/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Being my Grandmother's helper:  My Grandmother was married to this CEO guy.  They were loaded and she had several horses.  For about two months (during one my summer breaks) I was her "helper" with the horses.  I cleaned their stalls, fed them, etc..  I had to wake up at 7:00 each morning and I fucking hate horses (and they don't seem to like me either).  It was tolerable...but I was kind of glad she didn't ask me back the next summer.

Machine fixer at a bowling alley  SUCKED.  SUCKED.  OH my God it SUCKED.  The pins were held up by little strings that were hooked to a machine.  Sometimes these suspended pins would get tangled and I would have to untangle them.  99% of the time was spent sitting there doing nothing.  That back area was like a time warp...when I was there time went 100 times slower than usual.  The bowlers would get all licquored up and scream at the ball.  The old lady league couldn't even knock the pins down they were so physically weak (I would have to run over and remove the ball because it was stuck in the middle of the pins....because the ball didn't have enough momentum to knock them down).  I didn't go in one day and I didn't notify anybody.  Nobody liked me after that.  I just kind of stopped going.

Grocery store bag-boy:  Fucking sucked the big one.  I hated it and I constantly tried to get away from the front area to go hide in the back.  I would get stoned every day before I went in.  I have newfound respect for bag people when I go through the checkout.  The job is utterly boring, utterly low-paying, and infuriating at times.  What a shit job.

Warehouse worker:  When there was work to be done it sucked.  It was dirty and hot.  But, our supervisor let us slack and play on the internet all day.  We were supposed to be there for eight hours, yet I would come in two hours late and leave two hours early.  The pay was shit but could I complain?  I was getting paid for forty hours a week...and I did practically nothing.  I milked it for as long as possible.

Supervisor at a skateboard factory:  Decent pay.  My first "real" job.  Completely monotonous.  Full of stress.  I quit after several years.

Running my own computer business:  Great pay.  I usually worked from home and it was easy.  I loathe computers though.  I ran my business for two years and then shut it down because I could stand it anymore.

Right now I don't work.  :smile:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #5909677 - 07/28/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Cutting lawns in my neighborhood

Caddying at a golf course

Working for a concession company at the '96 Olympics in Atlanta

Several retail jobs

Worked at a cafeteria early in my college career

Worked for the county driving a boat around a lake that cut the weeds that grew under the water and brought the weeds up via a ramp to be disposed later.

Office/clerical shit work

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #5909682 - 07/28/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Rather than list them all.. I'll just provide fields.

Accounting (I was an assistant, I have never gone to school for it).

Computer repair/networking.

Programming.

Retail.

Freeloading (can't forget about that one :tongue:)

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: eris]
    #5909692 - 07/28/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

uhh.. well the only job I've ever really had is ... sorta a locator of exotic ...items

Decent pay.
Decent Hours.
Chilled out and generally a dos :smile:

living life the way it should be :laugh:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: eris]
    #5909693 - 07/28/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

1. youth soccer coach
2. lifeguard
3. flagman at a construction site
4. moving company
5. engineering lab shit

I've been working at 3M and the University for 5 years or so.

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #5909714 - 07/28/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

1. Soccer Coach (Volunteer)
2. A&W - Cook, Cashier, Funny guy - Great experience, funniest times I've ever had at work
3. Tech Support with HP and Compaq Desktop for U.S Support - I fucking hate americans who call up to tech support and don't know where the start button is.  Seriously, if your that stupid, please, feel free to fuck off and read a book about computers.  I met some great friends here, Trendal, I'm looking at you :P
4. Back to A&W after I got laid off from tech support for 3 weeks
5. Start an inbound call center work for capital one this monday (yay :laugh:)

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules