Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind.
    #5858349 - 07/14/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

This is another morality question I have been asking myself lately.

As most of you know, there is alot of tension in the middle east right now, and everyone is predicting World War 3. This is nothing new to those in S&P because we are always at the end of times. Weather its 2000, 2012, whatever.

We seem to have it in our nature to want there to be an end, and while I consider myself a nice peaceful person...I cannot honestly say that I do not want these things to happen aswell.

Alot of my friends believe that after world war three, or the 2012 shift, or the Rapture, the world will be a better place. To make a long story tollerable...each way, people can see ways of the world bettering itself, and becoming more in tune with nature. This may be true, or it may just be positive thinking...We really wont know till it happens.

My question is this.

If you believe in peace and love for everyone. If you believe that we are all connected in some way, and that hate deserved no place in this world...can you wish death upon mass amounts of people for what you believe to be the better good of society?

I know that some religions see things this way, and while extremists may appear to be evil, they are doing what they believe to be for the better good.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: tak]
    #5858363 - 07/14/06 03:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

can you wish death upon mass amounts of people for what you believe to be the better good of society?

Peace, harmony, and tolerance...OUR WAY AND AT ALL COSTS :machinegun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5858402 - 07/14/06 03:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I know that some religions see things this way, and while extremists may appear to be evil, they are doing what they believe to be for the better good.

That's a large part of the problem.

We have pretty much found a way around *most* of nature's population controls: disease. Humans see germs, dirt, disease, sickness as a bad negative thing always out to get us. This is, or was, the main form of poulation control.

Quote:

can you wish death upon mass amounts of people for what you believe to be the better good of society?

Yes, but it makes me no better than the rest.

What we need is a natural pandemic to wipe out 90-95% of the human race. Survival of the fittest again becomes natural law. If I am one of those to die in the pandemic's wake, so be it. And yes, I believe this would bring peace back to the Earth, until we/they started the process we're currently on all over again.

Heh, I'm not sure if I answered your question...

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: demiu5]
    #5858411 - 07/14/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

What we need is a natural pandemic to wipe out 90-95% of the human race. Survival of the fittest again becomes natural law.

You mean a destruction of civilization?

If not, then survival of the fittest was already tried: Hitler.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: dblaney]
    #5858423 - 07/14/06 03:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wha?

Well, I suppose with that large of an amount of people being wiped out that would entail the destruction of civilization. But I don't see the connection with Hitler, sorry.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #5858488 - 07/14/06 03:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

root-ninja-tak said:
This is another morality question I have been asking myself lately.

As most of you know, there is alot of tension in the middle east right now, and everyone is predicting World War 3. This is nothing new to those in S&P because we are always at the end of times. Weather its 2000, 2012, whatever.

We seem to have it in our nature to want there to be an end, and while I consider myself a nice peaceful person...I cannot honestly say that I do not want these things to happen aswell.

Alot of my friends believe that after world war three, or the 2012 shift, or the Rapture, the world will be a better place. To make a long story tollerable...each way, people can see ways of the world bettering itself, and becoming more in tune with nature. This may be true, or it may just be positive thinking...We really wont know till it happens.

My question is this.

If you believe in peace and love for everyone. If you believe that we are all connected in some way, and that hate deserved no place in this world...can you wish death upon mass amounts of people for what you believe to be the better good of society?

It's really not about hate or anger. When a horse is in pain and the farmer blows his head of to put him to rest because he knows he would be in constant pain, is that hate? It's euthanasia.
Though I think no man has the right to do that without another mans consent, I think a higher force, like nature, god, karma or whatever, has every right to terminate the dying man in case it sees fit that this man is ill, not mentally, not physically but spiritually.

The end of world is not about political correctness, liberty or whatever, it is the idea of extermination of that which is infected.

This illness is spreading from the doer to the victim and on and on. It's not fair of course. An innocent man becomes infected just because someone caused them pain. In a way both the victim and the guilty man pay the price, but so do dying patients in a quarantene.
Nobody is punishing a diseased man with isolation. He simply needs to be isolated and his body burned, for the good of the others.

Same is with this world. While rare people have attained a high level os spiritual purity, no matter what religion or beliefs they have, there are such people. Maybe they are counted in thousands, but it is enough to repopulate earth.

Of course every religious zealot is going to tell you this is punishment, but it's not, it's farming. The farmer knows what he wants, and picks what he needs.

Saying that all people are to be picked for the new world out of mercy is like saying you need to buy everything in the supermarket out of consideration of every company that is selling products there. No, you just take what you need and leave the rest.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5858561 - 07/14/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i would like to think that it is in the interest of the individual whether or not he wants to go about with "world war 3" or "armageddon" (which to me are losing terms, terms where you cave in to fear and WANT extermination, but of them, not you)

or whether he wants to say, you know what... all I am is me, and I want to be free and I want to transcend the world and it's sad ways.

and I think if the individual says that, ww3 doesn't mean a thing... why even consider it a possibility? No one wants this to happen.

Okay here's the thing, the middle east is the middle east. We are NOT. They might as well not exist. They can fight each other.... why do we care? If they choose to fight, why should we join in? Why should we join in and say yes let us punish the evil doers......

First and foremost, would be hoping that the middle east will balance itself out, by itself.

Second and foremost is that we simply need to contain the damage, not play along.

Third and foremost is politics don't matter, we are POWERLESS in the political spectrum people thought there would be WW3 during the "cold war".

I say, why does any of this matter? If there is, if there isn't.... best to go about keeping a level head and trying to be on the side that, assuming there is divine intervention, karma, God, a sentient Earth.... it will say "this guy is trying, let's help him make it through".

I mean look, why focus on the negative? Why let it suck you into it's world? Look at the good news, shrooms are being recognized, they might become legal in the forseeable future. Nevada might legalize weed.

Not that drugs have to be the path, and maybe for most they aren't. But there IS good stuff going on in this world.

There are sooo many people that simply want to be free of the media, the wars, the head games, the fear trips, the control of authority, and just live their lives.

If you look down the rabbit hole to hell, you might not be able to get back out. You can gaze upward to heaven instead and pay no mind to the rabble.

the thing is WE are playing a crucial part in whether or not there will be a terrible cataclysmic event that WE cannot survive..... by simply fearing WW3 and assuming it as a possibility, you are pouring an atomic bomb upon a nuclear fire.....

you have to understand how powerful the media fear is, and how easily it can be used to do things that none of the people that watch the media want to see happen.

see my thread called something like "media as black magick/brainwashing"

they channel and vampire fear out of us. the only thing we can do if we care about rapture, rather than punishment, salvation rather than destructoin, is refuse to feed the vampires....

shine love upon:
George Bush
North Korea
Israel
Lebanon
Palestine
Yourself.

the only other choice is be a pessimist, and watch your pessimism take flight and become concrete. if you don't want it, don't think about it, don't feed it.... don't watch the NEWS and if you hear people chattering fearfully about the world, give them as much love and reprimand as you can.

if we're all a bunch of "this will end terribly" pessimists... there is no hope.

all you can do is fix yourself, and try to fix some others along the way.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (07/14/06 04:21 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5858583 - 07/14/06 04:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"Peace, harmony, and tolerance...OUR WAY AND AT ALL COSTS"

Is that like "World Peace...with extreme prejudice"?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5858618 - 07/14/06 04:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Love will see us through

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5858643 - 07/14/06 04:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, exactly. I don't think world peace can be obtained through force or violence. It can only happen when everyone embraces tolerance and love of one another. It can only happen when everyone puts down their weapons and celebrate their differences, learning to share and co-exist.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: demiu5]
    #5858651 - 07/14/06 04:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
Quote:

Wha?

Well, I suppose with that large of an amount of people being wiped out that would entail the destruction of civilization. But I don't see the connection with Hitler, sorry.

Hitler tried to create a race of supermen, the Aryans. He believed that certain groups of people were weaker, and so he thought that they should be exterminated (social Darwinism).

I'm not sure if I'm making sense, but do you see the connection at least?

--------------------

- John Mayer

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5858659 - 07/14/06 04:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think peace is important, but not as important as liberty. A totalitarian state could keep the peace rather easily, but it would be an intolerable peace. Sometimes there are things worth fighting and dying for.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: Silversoul]
    #5858684 - 07/14/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone fights for liberty, yet nobody ever trully had it.
The best kind of government is that which keeps you in tight control and makes you feel free (like US government), the worst kind of government is that which keeps you in tight control and is obvious about it (like old SSSR communism)

All of these governments are here for one purpuse: to strip you away from your freedom for the sake of some order and control.
The difference is how much do they make their pawns happy.
Really, you can have total control and still make people feel free if you are clever enough

--------------------

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

#5858740 - 07/14/06 05:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"Peace, harmony, and tolerance...OUR WAY AND AT ALL COSTS"

Is that like "World Peace...with extreme prejudice"?

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE VOTED "A" TOTAL IDIOT TO RUN THIS WORLD...

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#5858744 - 07/14/06 05:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The best kind of government is that which keeps you in tight control and makes you feel free

I disagree, I would much rather live in a government that maximizes freedom. A government that provides for the security of all, etc. etc.

I'm headed out, but if I remember later tonight, I'll post some quotes from a Taoist book on governing, it's really quite insightful.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5858759 - 07/14/06 05:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the Netherlands is a pretty free nation isn't it? Not just on drugs but in general...... and they have less violence than the US, and less control, better standards of living, etc.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

#5858762 - 07/14/06 05:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the terrorists have won...

stupidity has lost

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#5858788 - 07/14/06 05:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:
The best kind of government is that which keeps you in tight control and makes you feel free

I disagree, I would much rather live in a government that maximizes freedom. A government that provides for the security of all, etc. etc.

I'm headed out, but if I remember later tonight, I'll post some quotes from a Taoist book on governing, it's really quite insightful.

Did such a government ever exist?
Can it exist?

The only way you can have freedom is if you have a fucked up government, who simply doesn't have means to control you.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Death and destruction for the bettering of mankind. [Re: leery11]
    #5858819 - 07/14/06 05:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
the Netherlands is a pretty free nation isn't it? Not just on drugs but in general...... and they have less violence than the US, and less control, better standards of living, etc.

Yea it's a free nation, probably the most free in the world, but their policy is pretty much simple: make everything legal, even pedophilia soon and animal sex.
How hard is that?

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5859016 - 07/14/06 06:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Those who wish death upon mass amounts of people should be locked up to prevent them from harming the rest of us. You really think having a society, which in order to function correctly, has to commit atrocities is a good thing? How would killing off massive amounts of humans make things any better?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom