Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineguardian
apprentice
Loc: Sydney- Australia
spores stuck in syringe??
    #580339 - 03/16/02 04:47 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

hi all, has anybody ever had any problems with the spores staying in the syringe while expelling the water? while recently innoculating my jars, the solution seemed to be getting more concentreated with spore as i expelled the water, and when all water was gone, i drew up some more into the syringe and there was still a fair bit of spore left?? any ideas on this problem would be much appreciated.
also the spore seemed to be sticking to the syringe. How can I more evenly spread the spore solution over the jars??

--------------------
Pull the tape worm out of your ass!
-System of a Down
http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm
http://www.shaman-australis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spores stuck in syringe?? [Re: guardian]
    #580343 - 03/16/02 04:54 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Next time shake the syringe up better before you inoc the jars.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblestrain
journeyman
Re: spores stuck in syringe?? [Re: Roadkill]
    #580535 - 03/16/02 11:26 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

This may sound a little odd but i have tried this on the last several syringes with complete success.
Make some wheat straw juice by pasturizing some wheat straw and collecting the water that is left in the pot. dump it in a mason jar all you really need is a 1/2 pint unless you really have a great number of syringes. take the juice and PC it for an hour or so. then let it cool in a sterile place i used a homemade glovebox. after it becomes room temp take the syringes and suck up the juice. wait a week or so for the spores to start growing. You have just created a liquid myclium syringe. after a few weeks it should turn milky and whitish, anytime after that you can use it to inoculate more jars.

--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: spores stuck in syringe?? [Re: strain]
    #580584 - 03/16/02 12:57 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

wow damn good idea!
im gonna try it here in a few minutes lol. i left just under a cc of syringe water in the syringe. made some honey water ( its cooling now) steralized a ziplock baggy, and put a spare needle cap in some rubbing alcohol. gonna wipe a spot on the honey jar with the alcohol, flame the needle. fill it, flame it again, and put the cap back on. place the whole thing in the baggy, seal it and put it in my incubator

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag