Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewolfdog
Stranger
Drinking Mycelium
    #566944 - 03/01/02 01:42 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have 24 fully colonized jars of mycelium and I heard somewhere that if you were impatient; you could soak a cake in cranberry juice and drink it. Any ideas on how many cakes would be required? Any advice at all? Thanks gentlemen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTankGurl
Stranger
Re: Drinking Mycelium [Re: wolfdog]
    #567040 - 03/01/02 03:31 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Seems a waste to me, I don't have any cakes going and youre going to waste them by trying to drink them? Why?

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Drinking Mycelium [Re: TankGurl]
    #567089 - 03/01/02 04:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It is quite a waste but i have tried it. I used 5 full colonized cakes. Crumbled into large mixing bowl. Poured cranberry juice over it. Add a crushed vitamin c or 2. Stir and try and break up all my mycellium chunks as much as possible. Strain thru a t shirt.

It was equal to about 2 grams dried. Very waistfull considering you can get about 10 - 15 grams dried per cake in optimal conditions.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePsillyKat
Loc: Southern IL
Re: Drinking Mycelium [Re: wolfdog]
    #567138 - 03/01/02 05:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, dont destroy all your cakes to do this. Use a couple (like 2 or 3 if you plan on soaking the full 24), and grow off of the rest! ps i've heard that spent cakes work better, so grow then use your cakes for this...or case, yeah case...that's more productive anyway.

Second: I cannnot supply you with all the info you need, so do a few searches in all the pertinant forums (mushroom cult, here, etc) you will find a few very lengthy threads on the matter

directions:

1. Take your cakes and crumble the living hell out of them (realy realy realy well)

2. Add your pulverized cakes to enough juice to saturate your cake, and moreso (For this you will want 100% cranberry juice, not a cranberry juice coctail. READ THE BACK OF THE LABEL!!! if it lists any other kinds of fruit juices, put it back) I Know it works with the cranberry juice coctails, however i'm going for maximum effect, so go for the pure stuff

3. Soak for anywhere between 1-24 hours (the longer you soak the more potent your concoction is) Shake occasionaly (not little nance shakes either, shake it like your not supposed to shake babies... take out your aggression) after a while your juice will take on a nasty milky complexion (compare to normal juice)

4. Strain strain and strain again. Since the thought of drinking Vermiculate laden juice is just plain yucky to me, i strain the living hell out of it. i start with a wire strainer, then move on to a t- shirt, then finaly to a cut off foot from a pair of tights (not panty hose..those are too stretchy..the holes are too big for my taste)

5. Drink up and prepair for the 5yearold Re-Re buzz as one of my friends put it. Not the same trip as shrooms at all..(least not for him, me, or the fiancee)

PLEASE SEARCH ON THIS SUBJECT MATTER BEFORE BLAMING ME FOR MISSING ANYTHING! i dont know everything, and i'm sure you dont either.

--------------------
"I could do without the snot"
"IN YOUR FACE SPACE COYOTE!"
"Mabey the dingo ate your baby"

Edited by PsillyKat (03/01/02 05:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds