Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheZeusStone
Emperor X

Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice)
    #5420410 - 03/19/06 09:16 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Well, tomorrow I'm hoping to trip on shrooms for the first time. I bought an eigth, and am wondering if I should ingest all of it or half of it.

Some settings:
-home alone until 4ish (hoping to wake up at 7-8 and then trip)

I'm wondering if tripping at the given time, it'll wear off by 4 (half, I'm almost certain it will; full eigth not so sure)

And...yah. Any advice for a first time user?

--------------------
There is no valid reason why you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: TheZeusStone]
    #5420454 - 03/19/06 09:26 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

If its your first time I see why you would ask such a question.
Is it your first time using any hallucinogen??? If so, just dont take a whole eighth.

Give your mind some time to wake up before you dose. 2 hours would be my recommendation.

And 1/8 isnt the best idea for someone who is new to tripping. Infact, it can be a very bad idea.

Its well known that most people who know what they are doing dont take more than 5 grams, only a few times per year, tops.

Youd be taking a pretty high/intense dose, no matter what anyone here says. SOme people find 3.5 grams to be childs play, which just says something about them that I would rather not take the time to articulate.

Edited by stemmer (03/19/06 09:27 PM)

OfflineTheZeusStone
Emperor X

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: stemmer]
    #5420486 - 03/19/06 09:33 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Thanks for the advice

Another comment I received is that it'd take about 9 hours, which I don't think I'd mind (if you're gonna go, go big)

Either way, there's always my dime

--------------------

OfflineCutter
other side guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oh Yeah land
    #5420487 - 03/19/06 09:33 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I'd eat half of the 1/8th to start out with, if in one hour your not feeling anything, and a little more.

Shrooms can go from a slight body buzz to tripping balls, so wait at least one hour for the effects to have a chance to kick in before taking more.

I doubt you will need more then 2 grams {half 1/8th} if you have a friend that seems cool you can split up the bag and trip with someone.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: TheZeusStone]
    #5420506 - 03/19/06 09:38 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I agree with stemmer - wake up, get something to eat, etc.; get settled. When you feel good, take 1-2 grams, wait about 1hr and see how you feel, if you think u could handle more, take some more.

Ive given a kid 7 grams on a first dose ever, he took a half eigth and by the end of the night he had eaten the entire 7 grams. Depends on the person and setting.

Have a good time. If your expecting someone home at 4, give yourself about 6-7 hrs for the trip, within the last hr you'll prob be sober enough to have a conversation or what not. But again, it depends on the person and setting.

Good luck, get some good tunes playin, maybe a movie. Or if you like the outdoors go out for a walk

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
 User Gallery

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: Cutter]
    #5420511 - 03/19/06 09:40 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Cutter said:
I'd eat half of the 1/8th to start out with, if in one hour your not feeling anything, and a little more.

:smile: that's exactly the way to do it - start with half then increase slowly over increments of 45 minutes - one hour until you're at a state where you're comfortable. I'd imagine that if you consumed the whole eighth you'd be tripping pretty damn hard, but that typically depends on a bunch of variables. Anyway - have a good time, man! Good luck :grin: Give us a couple posts here while you're doing it and tell us what you think

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: Cutter]
    #5420533 - 03/19/06 09:45 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

If you really want to have a great/intense first mushroom trip I think you should take 2-2.5 grams(if you're gonna go, go big). "big" is different the first time.

If you have never tripped before, id recommend only 2 grams even if you want to "go big".

You should feel the effects within one half hour, then it should begine to effect you way more so in the next hour.
People who cant feel it right away sometimes take more because of it, and often they had no idea what they were in for.

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: Room4Shroom]
    #5420539 - 03/19/06 09:45 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

rad about set and setting b4
that will really help pave the way

--------------------

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5420567 - 03/19/06 09:52 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Zeus- If youve smoked a lot of pot in your time, and drank a lot, im sure 2g's would be sufficient for a first trip. The higher the dose on the first trip, itll take more to trip each time after (i guess)

I took 5 hits of acid my first time, any time after id have to take 7, and got up to 10 strips at a time to get a good trip. Im not sure if this applys to everyone, but its what i had noticed

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5420575 - 03/19/06 09:57 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Ya, for some you trip harder every time. Thats how it works for me.

As an example, people with subtle HPPD after many many trips(to be expected) will find that any hallucinogen becomes perpetually more intense.

OfflineTheZeusStone
Emperor X

#5420738 - 03/19/06 10:49 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Oh, one more thing

Should I do them at home (I want to play Katamari Dymacy)

Or go in the park?

--------------------

Offlinehug_the_man
Stranger
Male

#5420764 - 03/19/06 10:54 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I'd wait and decide that at the time. Just go with the flow and do what seems best.

But if your feeling up to it the walk would defiantly be amazing.

Nature + Shrooms =  :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------
You can only love that which you know
and you can only know that which you love.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: hug_the_man]
    #5420779 - 03/19/06 10:58 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Yeah man, even tho Katamari Damaci is brutal haha, just go with what u want to do. If your feeling like u want to do outside, then outside, if u wanna play a video game do it. Even if it lasts about 5 minutes, do whatever is gonna fullfill the trip.

Also, if your worried about your parents coming home early, dont eat them, just wait. Anticipation of a trip IMO makes it that much better

Offlinehug_the_man
Stranger
Male

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5420795 - 03/19/06 11:02 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

jst31 said:
Anticipation of a trip IMO makes it that much better

I couldn't agree more.

If your at all stressed about someone coming home, or anything else, id let it wait. The shrooms aren't going to go anywhere and the more prepared you are/feel the better your trip will be.

--------------------

OfflineTheZeusStone
Emperor X

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: hug_the_man]
    #5420804 - 03/19/06 11:05 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I already have sort of a routine planned out

I'm just wondering about the time limit (they come home at around3:30-4)

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #5420811 - 03/19/06 11:08 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Personally I'd say go to the park, every time I've been playing video games on shrooms I find that it just distracts me and keeps in a sober mindset and really stops the trip from being what it could be, the rest of the trip is usually plagued with the feeling that the trip is trying to come through but is being repressed, kind of like something should be happening but I'm just not allowing it to. I generally avoid video games now until the comedown...

One thing about shrooms is that you probably wont do anything you planned to do, just keep your options open and don't bother doing anything you don't really feel like doing just because you think it'll be trippy or whatever...

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5420820 - 03/19/06 11:12 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

TheZeusStone said:
I'm just wondering about the time limit (they come home at around3:30-4)

Just wait until you can trip without worries of un/expected itll make it that much better

Offlinehug_the_man
Stranger
Male

#5420822 - 03/19/06 11:14 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I'm usually fine to talk to people 4 or 5 hours later. I pry sound a little weirder then normal, but normal enough to interact with other people.

But that really depends on how you dose.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just got shrooms; hopefully will trip tomorrow (tips, advice) [Re: StickyWater]
    #5420823 - 03/19/06 11:14 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

HAs anyone here actually sat in the dark or a dimly lit room for 9 hours and felt completely content? No music or anything during the most intense parts. During the comedown, you might put on some of your favorite music.
Well, If you have not, it would be a good idea to try it.

A long walk in a forest preserve is ideal as well.

The more simple and stationary the better in my opinion. Then again, I trip alone and some people find that to be too much. Thats just the mushrooms telling you something. They are no fucking joke.
They are not meant to be for fun, or your simple pleasures.

Edited by stemmer (03/19/06 11:22 PM)

OfflineTheZeusStone
Emperor X

#5420838 - 03/19/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

All this talk is making me reconsider...

Perhaps I'll wait until next week when I'll not only have a sitter, but also no obligation to my parents

DOes it matter if I preserve my shrooms?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract