Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBrakethrEW
Stranger
How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT?
    #4419902 - 07/18/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ive notice that many people around me have really negative attitudes, they tend to be really bitchy for no real reason allot of the time. What makes me aggravated is when they put it on me and start talking shit to me. Its hard to ignore them and it makes me want to bitch back at them. I don't know which is the right decision, to ignore them or defend myself. Why are people so negative? I wish I didn't dwell so much on the way other people act, I feel like people are after to get me and talk shit to me. Help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: BrakethrEW]
    #4419914 - 07/18/05 04:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You are hanging around with the wrong people. If your "friends" ever talk shit to you with the sole intention of making you feel bad, they are in fact not your friends. It sucks but you probably need to find some new friends.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineBrakethrEW
Stranger
Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4420016 - 07/18/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well they all arent considered "my friends" but I know them, I just dont know how to deal with it.

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4420040 - 07/18/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Avoid and ignore the fuck out of them.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #4420058 - 07/18/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Prove them wrong or ignore them.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4420160 - 07/18/05 05:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Do not associate with them.

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4420291 - 07/18/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

are you in high school? that's probably why, that's the way kids are. find different friends, there are more mature people out there. all that shit is over when you get to college.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#4420934 - 07/18/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think it has been said aready but just in case

Er...... Stop hanging with them

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4422649 - 07/19/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: Icelander]
    #4422693 - 07/19/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ya I am in high school and I totally see that shit all the time. Best is just to ignore it and laugh it off or something. People are jackasses and really immature. Its not like I am trying to act grown up I just hate being around stupid people like that who live in a sheltered world and do not know anything yet.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: Tangerines]
    #4423506 - 07/19/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You said a few key words here

"I just hate being around stupid people like that who live in a sheltered world and do not know anything yet."

You hate............

Then you said

"stupid people like that who live in a sheltered world and do not know anything yet."

Take some time a really read what you are saying.

Do you know the difference between Stupidity and ignorance ?

Stupidity is the unability to learn despite great effort

Ignorance is the lack of usable knowledge

You suffer from Ignorance as do most of the people you claim to hate

They are no different from you freind. Do you think maybe your inexperience with life has lead to your " Hate " ?

Now I am going to talk to you like one of my kids

Listen it is not up to you to decided what a person is or is not. Take your eyes of the people around you. Keep your eyes on you and your life. Do that and all around you will seep back into the cracks of life. Your most important thing right now is what direction your going. Not the direction of others.

How can you drive down the road if you have your eyes on the other cars. Your going to have an accident. Same if you are alwasy looking behind you your going to crash.

What you see in others and hate you will find you hate about yourself. As others are really are mirrior of you.

For some reason your words sound like a 4 year old. Stop it. Find something positive in every person around you. That is one of the best motivators to success. When you see the best in people they always see the best in you. What you puke on others will be puked on you.

Remeber this,

People do not remeber what you said

People do not remeber what you did

People remeber how you made them feel

And right now I feel like shit. :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinemrsautoman
Don't DriveAngry
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South
    #4423671 - 07/19/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BrakethrEW said:
Ive notice that many people around me have really negative attitudes, they tend to be really bitchy for no real reason allot of the time.

Up until a few years ago I was surrounded by negativity. My family are all drama queens, living from crisis to crisis. My friends were the same way. Also I was in relationships with a series of these people. The guy I was with when I met my husband was particularly bad. In addition to all the over dramatization and constant bitching, we fought CONSTANTLY. I became ingrained in this culture of negativity, so much so that I did not realize how I was behaving.

Then one day when our relationship was still fresh enough to dissolve easily, my to-be-hubby said something to me that was very brave. I was bitching about work or waiting in line somewhere or telling him my back hurt or something, and he said "can you say *one* positive thing"?

Dude, I was mad enough to kill. But like always when I calmed down I reflected on what he said and even though it was just a brief comment bourne of frustration, it kind of changed my life. It was like this bible verse my mom used to say to me (which like all other bible verses I forgot completely until I really needed it, and then it came back to me). It's Proverbs 6:2, and it says "You are taken as in a net by the words of your mouth, the sayings of your lips have overcome you."

Check out also the idea of 'Right Speech', one of the steps on the eightfold path of Buddhism. The things we say are very powerful. I believe they effect us to an extent we do not even understand. I still  have problems with keeping my words positive, but just since I've started paying more attention to it I've noticed a "sea change". My depression seems to act up less, my attitude now sometimes borders on...  chipper. ::shudder:: It's like my whole life I've been living under somebody's wet, dirty dog blanket and now at least I can peek out from under it. I still believe that life is all shitty and futile and such, but I don't really let it get me down. Concentrating on the positive is hard to do, cause sometimes it seems like all there is is pain. But there's still pot, and laughter, and dogs. A small respite, I know, but worth so much...

Quote:

I don't know which is the right decision, to ignore them or defend myself. Why are people so negative? I wish I didn't dwell so much on the way other people act, I feel like people are after to get me and talk shit to me. Help?

I wish I had known what I know now when I was in high school. I was always very flustered when people started talking shit, and would try and come up with something equally mean to say back. The problem was that I was only feeding the hostility. Plus it made me look like a grade A asshole because the people picking on me had throngs of kids behind them, and here I was all by myself trying to play their game.

Now that I'm a little older I've come to realize that humour deflects everything.  If I had made the same nasty comments, but found some way to make them funny and said them with a smile on my face, everyone would have started laughing and the whole situation would have been diffused.

IMO, being funny is more important then being cool, good looking, or rich. Funny is k3y.

If all else fails, remember that even though it seems like it takes forever, high school will be over before you know it. Then you'll have a whole new world full of people that chap your ass.  :grin:

--------------------

~I was born of a voice untimely,
the so-called echo of a man's ordure~

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: mrsautoman]
    #4425652 - 07/19/05 09:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

people in general suck. That is that.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#4428076 - 07/20/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
people in general suck.  That is that.

See this is what I am talking about !!!!!

If you truly believe that, guess what ? The vast majority of people that you will build relationships with. Will pick up your " People suck attitude " and then what happens..... You suck :thumbdown:

Young people come in here and talk to each other. I see all the time cry baby bullshit just like this. It saddens me greatly.

Why is it easier to just say people suck then to say people have the potential to be great? I don't mean great in cash flow of great in what they do. Great people in the sense that, people are able to be great lovers of people. To support one another, to help and divide up what they have to offer to the world with each other. :heart:

When you are young ( as it was for me ) life can seem very black and white. What you see before you is what you see before you.

Do you really think you have the experience to make such a claim ? People suck... No you do not and once experience is gained guess what ? People do not suck. Open your eyes and be brave to be wise. Step out into adulthood long before your friends do. Being adult is having respect for all around you. Even the negative people. You can be a light or you can be another blob of blackness.

I suggest you support another's weakness. Stand up for the things in life that matter. Positive energy and Love.

Money, power, fame are all NOTHING compared to peace in the heart. And where does one find peace ? In Love and support of those around you. Then those around you become respectful of what you are. The core of a man is what people really want to find out about you. Not what you present.

Look I could go on and on about this shit. And that is exactly what this is, SHIT....... But as with all shit, it can do one of two things. It can make you look and smell bad OR.......

Shit can make you grow and become nurtured. Give you strenght. Give you goals to overcome. To give you hope that improvement is near.

Shit is not shit it is fertilizer.

Step up to what your heart really wants and be bold enough to grab on to what you deserve. LIFE not death :heart:

You and your world is exaclty what you speak. Speak what you want not what you don't.

Do you really want people to Suck ? :crazy2:

--------------------

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #4428361 - 07/20/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Fucknuckle is smart, listen to his advice, life is like a mirror.

If you plant good seeds they will grow, if you plant bad seeds... they will grow.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
    #4428663 - 07/20/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
People do not remeber what you said

People do not remeber what you did

People remeber how you made them feel

Whoa, words of wisdom my brother, 5 shrooms and lots of love :smile:

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to deal with people that BITCH and talk SHIT? [Re: lardnar]
    #4435662 - 07/21/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I did not mean all people suck. But as much as i hate to say it there are people out there that want nothing else except possesions and nothing else matters and they just enjoy bringing pain to other people.

But lately I have been seeing things in black and white as you said, even though I know that things are not like that. It is my ego talking but I cannot overcome it and it sticks with me. I WANT to belive there is a huge portion of gray area inbetween but I can't no matter what I do. So I am stuck in a rut.

I really like talking about deep things I guess because that stimulates my brain. But whenever I say something it just sounds ackward and no one really pays much attention to it and dont take it seriously. Like if I start talking about a higher being or what we are here for and those sorts of things. I guess those questions scare most people and they do me but my curiosity gets the best of me and I just wonder and wonder about these things. I guess I come off as weird to most people but I respect their opinion and move on.

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4435849 - 07/21/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Annoy a negetive person, be happy!

Invisiblepaulie_walnuts1
Stranger
    #4437464 - 07/22/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you like them, and this bitching and negativity is their only fault that bothers you, you have to show them that it is not ok for them to, I don't know how to say it, I guess project their bullshit on to you. Go off on them once or twice when they are like that, really come to blows with them, man or woman, just slap them in the face, really hard, like 10 or twelve times. They'll learn eventually. and if not, just keep them around to use them. Payment for them being a twat.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom