Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Quitting weed, a journal
    #3895591 - 03/09/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Tonight was my last THC ingested for a long time. And it was resin. I have felt for a long time that I needed to take a break with pot. I have been a heavy smoker for two and half years. I smoke all day everyday, if I can get it. I usually have the money, so it comes down to finding it, and whether I am willing to smoke schwag. I usually smoke at least a half dozen times aday. An eigth lasts me and my girlfriend two days. I've been meaning to quit for awhile now. Last year, during midterm I said I was going to quit, and during finals I said I was going to quit.

Tonight begins it. I have scraped and cleaned all my pipes. Me and my GF are going to smoke it. Then, thats it. I probably won't smoke for a few weeks. I don't want to quit pot forever, but I need to defog.

So this thread will be a journal of a sorts. I'll talk about how I feel without pot. I hope that you can give me your support through this process. I'll begin with an entry tomorrow, my first day intentionally without pot in a long long time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3895638 - 03/09/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

why do you always feel the need to be stoned?

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3895682 - 03/09/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Stick with it sir. I quit too. No sweat. Walk away.

--------------------
Namaste

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3895979 - 03/09/05 11:54 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Weed only is addictive when you have a weak psychological base, no insult. I think that if you are stubborn enough to say you will never be addicted then you won't. I know i haven't smoked weed in around the duration of a month and a half and i'm fine. No withdrawals or anything of that nature. A drug like cannabis sativa is really what you make of it, it's not a real definite drug with definite usages. You can be lazy on marijuana or hyperactive. I've worked out physically after smoking marijuana and feeling great. Just my opinion, not a fact.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: Vvellum]
    #3896280 - 03/10/05 12:58 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

When I wake up, I smoke as though it were a cup of coffee. It works as a pick me up. Its just a time filler through out the day; when I am bored or I feel something would be enhanced by smoking another bowl, I pack it up. Towards the end of the day, I smoke to put myself to sleep.

I don't feel I am addicted to pot, just that I have done something that I enjoy nearly everyday for the past two years. Habits are hard to break and easy to make, ya hear?

When I was a teenage athlete, I can say that I would have had no harder or easier time "quitting" cycling during my peak of fitness. I was having fun, just as I am now, but I was spending twenty hours a week on my bike, I don't spend nearly that amount of time next to my pipe!

The reason I want to quit is I am and have been having trouble focusing and spending time on one thing that used to matter more to me. My future: Despite my belief that I can make it without a college degree I am going to fail out if I don't fix something quick. Quitting a drug is a lot easier than changing other habits, but it is my belief that quitting this drug will help change other habits. And it was my plan last year to quit cigarettes, become comfortable nicotine free and then quit pot. If not now, when?

OfflineIWannaBeYourDog
Rock Iguana

#3896476 - 03/10/05 03:00 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Marijuana is addictive with everyone. Because it feels good everybody has their vices, everybody. I don't believe in the addiction gene or the idea drug addicts having weak psyciesl problems, we are all human with the same exact tendency's. No matter where you go in life, you're still there. Quit smoking herb if you want more free-time and spare cash, don't think you will have any big increase in like quality because you won't. You allways find some other addiction, just look at all those NA people hitting up meetings like a junkie getting a bag.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: IWannaBeYourDog]
    #3896630 - 03/10/05 06:07 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

So how's your short term memory and concentration? 6 times a day?! I'd probably have died of an overdose, no matther how "impossible" that is. I hope all goes well. We support you.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: IWannaBeYourDog]
    #3896815 - 03/10/05 08:29 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Marijuana is addictive with everyone.

No, it is not addictive. Some people, for various psychological reasons, latch onto it like they latch onto masterbation or watching television.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3896826 - 03/10/05 08:34 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quitting weed is a joke compared to quitting nicotine.

Offlineyogafire
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: Boom]
    #3896906 - 03/10/05 09:00 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Hey man,

I'm glad you're doing it. I know so many of us that have really struggled to even admit they were addicted to weed. It may not have any chemincals like mass production cigarettes, but humans are perfectly capable of getting addicted to getting high, no matter what your pleasure is. I hope you can come back to ganja and find a good palce for it in your life after you take your break. I'll be there for you man!

Love,
~TonyZ

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #3896940 - 03/10/05 09:14 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Congrats man. If you're inclined to discontinue smoking, then obviously you feel you're better off without it. I'm kind of the same. I've smoked weed almost every day (with a few extended breaks) for the last five years. At the end of next week I'm taking another break, although not completely. I intend to simply not smoke it alone, and not buy it.

If I have some lying around, I'll smoke it unless I have a real good reason not to. It does affect my motivation levels and the amount of schoolwork I get done. It also shortens my days (I reserve the last two waking hours to getting stoned and listening to music.) I'm kind of tired of that ritual, so I'm gonna take a six-month break and see what happens.

Good luck to you man, I'll be joining you soon.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3898429 - 03/10/05 03:35 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Quote:

Marijuana is addictive with everyone.

No, it is not addictive. Some people, for various psychological reasons, latch onto it like they latch onto masterbation or watching television.

I do LOVE masturbation.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: MOTH]
    #3900653 - 03/10/05 11:19 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

14/m/cali
wanna cyber?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3900672 - 03/10/05 11:24 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Nah.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: MOTH]
    #3901328 - 03/11/05 05:59 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I've never really understood how someone could get addicted to marijuana. For me, using it more than once a week would water down most of the positive effect because of "tolerance" I'm guessing. On top of this, being "high" doesn't feel "good" or euphoric like an opiate does. Brain chemistry?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineThe_Walrus
Stranger
Loc: Cambridge, Britain
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: Society]
    #3901441 - 03/11/05 07:46 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Weed addiction is mainly psychological, it is quite easy to quit, it is good to prevent it from forming a habit because it really does screw up you short term memory and concentration, not to mention the paranoia and in the long term the world seems to get rather dull.
The best thing to do really is to just think about the situations and frame of mind in which you are likely to get stoned, and either avoid those situations or do something else, like drink a cup of tea or listen to music, occupy yourself with something. After a few days your memory will start returning and your mind will feel a natural high which will get better and better the longer you keep off the waccy baccy. That is how I got rid of my habit anyways. If that doesn't work, a heavy shroom/LSD trip will actually do wonders, it has the power to break the cycle of addiction of even the most hardened heroin/crack addicts and alcoholics. Though the trip has to be heavy, and will likely be an unpleasant experience.

--------------------
'Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted' - Albert Einstein

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: The_Walrus]
    #3905315 - 03/11/05 11:03 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

SOrry to be blunt. But I'm fairly sick of reading addiction debate in my thread. If you want to debate the addiction properties of pot, go suck a dick and discuss it over dinner with Bob Saget. Or just go to ODD. The debate is over in this thread. If it keeps going, I'm abandoning the thread. The purpose for this thread was support.

Here's my entry, since last time I posted.

I stopped smoking resin at 3AM the morning I made the first post. I cheated today after class. So I went for 36 hrs without smoking. I had a sour stomach and couldn't eat anything. So I smoked two bowls of schwag. I almost split a bag with friends, but it fell through so I abandoned it. I'm going to go the week without pot, until Thursday or Friday when I meet up with old friends out of state.

As far as symptoms go. Well, before I smoked today, I still felt that "not-so-stoned" feeling that you get when you smoke a lot but haven't smoked recent enough to actually be high. I was fairly tense, I found myself with a death grip on a couple pens in my pocket more than once during class. I haven't put my finger on my triggers, but I am realizing that I have formed triggers that make me want to smoke pot. Some of the triggers I have noticed: Getting home from class; funny TV shows like the simpsons, family guy and futurama; my friend Mike; after eating.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

#3906419 - 03/12/05 09:55 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I apologize for the petty debate; probably should have belonged in another thread.

I hope that you can hold out and quit smoking marijuana. What other negative effects are you experiencing?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Quitting weed, a journal [Re: Society]
    #3910197 - 03/13/05 01:02 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

No debate is petty when it has so much to do with so many peoples' freedom. However, its place is not here. I tried to interject a little humor into it with the Half Baked reference. I hope I didn't put too many people off.

I didn't smoke today. I am not around it at all right now, I am at my parents house.
I noticed a second effect today. I am not very hungry. Today I ate: Chips and soft cheese (about a RDA serving), 3/4 of a grilled cheese, more chips and soft cheese, 1/2 a slice of eggplant with sauce and parmasan cheese. THat was breakfast lunch and dinner, more or less in order. I didn't feel hungry. Since 10pm or so, I've also had three 12 oz bitburger beers (light german pils).

As far as the better news, I feel clearer, believe it or not.

So for the score here, on wednesday night I smoked all my resin until 3AM. On Friday I smoked two bowls of schwag. Today I smoked nothing.
I will be smoking next week Friday, when I meet up with friends out of state. But I think that I will take another week off when I get back.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3912771 - 03/13/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

ull get threw it. After a few days you wont remeber what it was like being High. Just stay posetive and stay away from your potthead friends. Cuz they think its fun to nock ya down and its a challenge to keep ya down by smoking weed. We are all on different levels ya know. People dont understand how it is to be you, so they may think its fun n games trying to get you to smoke. Be truthful to them and to yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale