Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis
    #375368 - 08/20/01 08:54 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

My friend can hook up with some Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis spores. Does anyone know much about this strain? We cant find any information about this paticular strain of Psilocybe Cubensis from Georgia. Any information is better than none at all. Thanks for your time.

Jammer

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinep00
Stranger
Re: Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis [Re: Jammer]
    #376037 - 08/22/01 12:52 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

hahah very funny... well since i live in georgia i have seen the cubensis that grow wild here... i find that they dont look like most other cubensis, and that they kind of look like the mexican ones.

do shrooms grow on old shit or only fresh?

--------------------
"do shrooms grow on old shit or only fresh?"

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #376158 - 08/22/01 03:56 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

maybe they need to be domesticated first...That is if you wish to grow them indoors...

--------------------

Offlineshellacct
addict

Loc: BAD DOG!
Re: Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis [Re: p00]
    #376223 - 08/22/01 07:25 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

you could theoretically grow them indoors, but it might be hard to do with an undomesticated strain for a newbie.... mushrooms will generally grow on older piles of shit..... granted if a cow takes a monster shit on top of some that are popping up already, they could come through..... so don't limit yourself to just old shit!

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Just because you are paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...

--------------------

OfflineJammer

Re: Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis [Re: shellacct]
    #376795 - 08/22/01 11:10 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the input. Just so you know, Im not totaly a newbie. I just havent been to this site very often in the years past. I'm a little at lost is to what you guys mean by an undomesticated strain. To me, if one acepts the evalotionary therory it would take many many years to domesticate any liveing thing. For example, the common house cat has been breed for thousands of years. I just cant see the various fungus strains that people grow of haveing enough time to be domesticated in anyway. The way that I see it, some strains are easy to grow and others are not easy at all to grow indoors.

I have since found some information that the shrooms from Georgia do have a good reputaion. However they all seem to be picked from the wild. Anyway if anyone else has any input on Georgia Cubes please respond.

Thanks
Jammer

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #376809 - 08/22/01 11:23 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The lifespan of a fungus as compared to a cat is alot shorter allowing "evoluition" to occur much more rapidly. Hell look at bacteria, they have a life span of a few hours and they can mutate within days to form a completely new type of bacteria. Each mushroom sets out billions of spores all with different genetic make ups, some of these are bound to do well indoors, others for outdoors, and some spores just plain don't grow or produce mushrooms. Successive isolation of generations of the fungus will allow a wild strain to be grown indoors fairly easily. Although you may get lucky and be able to grow them strait from a wild print.

Novelty

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #376962 - 08/23/01 08:00 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Dat be my point - isolation of the strain to make it more successful indoors always helps - and speaking of help, that's all i was trying to do...

--------------------

Offlineshellacct
addict

#376999 - 08/23/01 09:19 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, the life of a mushroom is pretty short, plus when you have people that do constant EXCELLENT work with agar, transferring the best of the mycellium, them teh best from that, then the best from that, and so on and so forth, it becomes increasingly more domesticated and easy to grow.

--------------------

OfflineJammer

#377428 - 08/23/01 10:34 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the input. You members have got me seconding guess about the Georiga strain. I do think that it would be interesting to see how well it might do outside in a nearby state that does NOT have any cubes however, and this was the direction I was leaning. For inside use- I'm reading a lot of VERY favorable opinions on the Mazatapec strain. (never seen it first hand yet).

Thanks for the input.
Jammer

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlineshellacct
addict

#377536 - 08/24/01 01:57 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

hey, go for it.... i mean if you have the spores, give it a try, sometimes you'd be amazed at what a little luck can do for you. However if you are thinking about cultivating a strain in a state that doesn't ahve any cubes, a little POSITIVE advice. just take some fully colonized jars, crumble them and "case" them in your backyard. A friend of a friend lives in an area where THERE ARE ZERO naturally occurring cubies, and outside of his house, and at nearby farms they coincedently grow like wildfire.... if you want some pics of his work, PM me, and i'll email a few pics to ya if you are interested.

--------------------

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #377824 - 08/24/01 01:34 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

POst the pics in the Mushroom Picture Forum.

OfflineJammer

Re: Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis [Re: cxz]
    #378134 - 08/24/01 10:34 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I second that... along with a little more info....such as what state and what strain of spores..
Thanks

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

#378196 - 08/25/01 12:04 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Did the same thing myself. I don't have any wild cubies growin around here, few active mushrooms, and even fewer that you can actually find, so I just started a few outdoor beds. I doubt they'll survive the harsh winters but, I'll just stir in some more poo in the spring and mix in a bit of spawn and they'll be up in running again. Outdoor casings do good, but for a little extra oomph mix in some cow poo and case with compost or just plain dirt, or more cow poo and some grass seed for concealment.

Novelty

--------------------

Offlineshellacct
addict

#378289 - 08/25/01 01:32 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ok.... gimme a day or so, i have to get my digital camera from my girlfriend. its kinda a shame i didn't think to take pics earlier, a FOAF picked about 150 off of this outdoor bed about 3 days ago, now there's only a dozen or so, but its coming back strong, as always. Anyways, i'll take a pic or two. The state is in "the tri-state area" which means NJ,PA, or DE. I don't wnat to get too specific, hehe, sorry. A FOAF has two strains growing, Golden Teachers and Treasure Coasts. Out of ten other beds, 3 are B+ which surprisingly didn't fair too well outdoors. 1 ecuador bed which fruited ab-sa-fuckin-lutely incredibly. the rest are/were GT's or TC's. My foaf tended to get anywhere from 5 to 10 flushes a piece before the rye was TOTALLY obliterated (believe me he checked). The flushes were sometimes huge, sometimes very small, it was wierd. It didn't seem to matter how much he or the rain watered or dried them out, they seemed to have a "fuck you" attitude and fruited whenever the hell they wanted..... even during a heat wave with 103 degree heat. (they dried up pretty fast though). Damn.... there's alot to say about those beds... hehe.... i think i'll shutup now.... its 3:30 Am and i need to get the hell to sleep soon. Expect pics in say a day or two... later.

--------------------

Offlineshellacct
addict

#378295 - 08/25/01 01:42 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

quick question before i hit the sack.... its directed towrds you Mr. jonnyshaggs420.... the part where you were saying taht you usually use grass seed for concealment..... do you find that you really need to conceal your beds? My foaf has them going all over the yard.... the majority of them are in the backyard, but 2 are in the front yard and on the side of the house, more or less in plain view... shroomers are far and few around here, so nobody is gonna fuck w/ the beds, and my foaf's little brother's dad is a sheriff's deputy, who comes by all the time and hasn't said shit. You may be thinking that he is being quiet out of politeness, or awkwardness that may arise from amking an issue of it.... HOWEVER, when he saw a 10" marijuana seedling growing, he made a BIG SHIT about it, saying that if it didn't dissapear, the shit would hit the fan... Which leads me to believe that the police around here haven't a damn clue what they look like.

i never really thought to conceal the beds, i just though people were all typically clueless.... I think i'll go out and buy some grass seed tomorrow.... **ALWAYS** better safe than sorry!

P.S. What about horse poo? I can get lots of that... straight from the horses ass! (sorry i just had to use the pun)

--------------------

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

#378446 - 08/25/01 10:21 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well for me grass has a two fold use:

1. It provides much needed shade and humidity to the little pins, because I live in a semi-arid climate.

2. I get a little paranoid about my beds because they are right next to the neighbors house, and the guy that used to live there was a complete drug addict and I was afraid we would raid my beds when I wasn't home. And plus the little kiddies in the neighbor hood always like to come to my garden while I'm at work and steal my strawberries and tomatoes, which are mere inches from my mushies and I don't want them to go throwing them around the neighborhood at eachother.

Horse poo will work great for your beds, although using it straight from the horses ass probably won't be the best idea.

Novelty

--------------------

Offlineshellacct
addict

#378956 - 08/26/01 01:38 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ahhh, makes sense.... I suppose maybe my FOAFOAF will start doing the same.... my FOAFOAF doesn't live in a semi-arid segion, but NJ/PA/DE can have the oddest of weather, hot, dry,cold, wet, or any mixture of the 4, especially hot and dry during the summer, so the extra shade and moisture isn't a bad idea. As for the poo, i figured that its the same as cow shit.... the older stuff is better. I picked up a shitload (oh, the punnery!) today by some stables in the area. You can imagine the look on my girlfriend's face when she realized that i was hauling a trash bag full of flowers back to the car after our picnic.

As for the little bastards stealing stuff from the garden, I put up a little sign that says "DANGER: Some of these plants are deadly... select fruits and/or vegatables have been injected with cyanide" Of course all the fruits and veggies are fine, but it keeps the little bastards away. I don't really have the problem as much anymore, mainly because i've given up on the garden to further entertain endeavors in mycology.

And Finally: the pics are in the mushroom pictures forum.... just a few in the pic, like i was saying before, i harvested a huge flush not too long ago... anyways, check it out.

--------------------

Offlinebenbecker001 Happy Birthday!
studying cultivation
Male User Gallery

#11773023 - 01/05/10 08:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hey i saw your post about the Georgia #7 strain, did u try it , was it strong, and did u grow  it on cakes, mine are looking freaky, like im gonna have to break the jar to get em out.

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

Re: Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis [Re: benbecker001]
    #11773068 - 01/05/10 08:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

post is 8 years old or so, your going to wait awhile for a response, forewarning, some members get pissy about raising dead threads

--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Georgia Psilocybe Cubensis [Re: Montock]
    #11773216 - 01/05/10 08:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

:guitarhero:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder