Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenuk1m
Dutchman
 User Gallery

For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam
    #3551578 - 12/28/04 01:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Would I be able to buy some fresh mushrooms at a headshop, and mail it to the states? Would the shrooms go bad? Could I put them in a freezer as soon as I got them? appreciate any answers

--------------------
Tucked neatly below my belt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemike57
Stranger
Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: nuk1m]
    #3551625 - 12/28/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd definately dry them first, you'd be pushing the envelope on the length of time fresh mushies keep. In a refrigator in a brown paper bag they only seem to keep about a week or so, plus they have to go through customs where they would be confiscated if the package were opened.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
    #3551629 - 12/28/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Good luck getting wet shrooms to the states from Holland. Better off trying with dry shrooms but remember if something happens your gonna be gone for a long long time.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePorchMonkey321
Mycophile

#3551644 - 12/28/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Your best bet would be to dry them, powder them, put them in capsules, and fill a vitamin bottle, or use a bottle that contains powder to begin with. Pray you don't get caught though...

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: PorchMonkey321]
    #3551659 - 12/28/04 02:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

powder them and then mail them, if they are intercepted you will simply get a letter saying they were taken up. You will not be put on a watch list, you will not go to jail. It is not illegal to receive mail, otherwise I would simply send illegal packages to people I do not like and have them jailed. The only way you could get in trouble would be if they set up a sting operation to catch you opening and keeping the things mailed. Considering such an operation would involve cooperation between two different agencies (US Customs and DEA) and the money it would involve, there is little chance of this happening for simply sending an oz back home. If you want to send a lot I think you would be better off sending them in many packages, but less in each, so if one gets intercepted you wouldn't lose everything.

Just my two cents, do with it what you will.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Offlinehpnotiq
Stranger
Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3552028 - 12/28/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

He's right.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: hpnotiq]
    #3552437 - 12/28/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What Capt. Jailew said.

However, there is nothing particullarly special about Amsterdam mushrooms. Why don't you just grow your own?

If you are hellbent on mailing them, maybe you could send philosophers stones? You'll still trip off 'em, and I doubt customs would know what sclerotia are. You can acquire these at pretty much any smartshop. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and have fun in Amsterdam!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3553105 - 12/28/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

electrode said:
What Capt. Jailew said.

However, there is nothing particullarly special about Amsterdam mushrooms. Why don't you just grow your own?

If you are hellbent on mailing them, maybe you could send philosophers stones? You'll still trip off 'em, and I doubt customs would know what sclerotia are. You can acquire these at pretty much any smartshop. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and have fun in Amsterdam!

A buddy of mine (lives in states) ordered some stones from the UK, first time they got here, second time they didnt. Nothing else happened though.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3555988 - 12/29/04 04:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ask for dried shrooms at the smartshop. some shops still have dried ones although it's illegal.

OfflineAlternity
Stranger
Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: stefan]
    #3566605 - 12/31/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

it's interesting you say that. i was browsing the website of a certain Amsterdam smartshop that has photos of all their shroom products and the Cyans they had advertised were shown to be fully dried. i was confused as i thought only fresh were legal to sell...

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: Alternity]
    #3566969 - 12/31/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So a person could order to have these things mailed to them (In the USA) through the internet?

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: For those would have bought shrooms in Amsterdam [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3567270 - 01/01/05 12:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When my cousin and some of her friends went to Amsterdam a few years back, they sent me 7g of dried shrooms(nearly powdered cause it was so chopped/smashed up). Anyways, what they did was cut a bar of soap in half and hollowed out the inside. Then they just put a small bag of the shrooms inside (they fit about 3gs in each bar) and then using water just sealed the soap back up and let it dry. Then they stuck it back in the box. They sent me 2 different packages containing one of the bars, along with a toothbrush, tooth paste, floss and a mini-deodorant. Made it all look okay. She sent the packages about 2 days apart and I got both of them just fine. I broke open the bars of soap and TA-DA! Amsterdam grown mushrooms!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale