Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLevi7
old hand
Magic found in Kentucky
    #353623 - 07/12/01 10:17 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

For anyone who hasn't read MJ's post at Spiritplants, Psilocybe cyanescens was found in the state of Kentucky, U.S.A last fall! I believe this was info recieved from MJ's good friend and professional(to the max!) mycologist, Jochen Gartz.
For all of us die-hard mushroom lovers, this is the best news heard all year! Second would have to be Lizard King's Psilocybe Weillis! Then, would HAVE to be Doo's perseverance with his possible NEW Psilocybe in his homestate, North Carolina, U.S.A.
It's been a great year and get ready!-Fall season is near!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: Levi7]
    #353797 - 07/12/01 03:41 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I know, I've been thinking about that alot today. Ps. cyanescens in Kentucky? Thats either awesome! Or completely false. Are we sure its not one of those things where someone gets an outdoor patch to fruit and a mycologist decides to list it from that state? I'm not so sure I belive that Ps. cyanescen grows in Kentucky. Its not like one or two mushrooms would just pop out of no where, they have to be somewhat common in the area. Is there any article out there yet? Or even better pics of the specimans?

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: Lizard King]
    #353911 - 07/12/01 07:51 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

god is crazy!

madness never slows down, it only piles up.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: Mitchnast]
    #353923 - 07/12/01 09:23 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

if the temps are very low then why not?? in australia, they pop up everywhere after a very cold couple of days and shite loads of rain

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #353930 - 07/12/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

thats not a cyan! thats a knife!

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #354178 - 07/13/01 11:12 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I honestly don't think that Jochen Gartz would have IDed a mushroom that was grown locally from an outdoor patch. But then again, he most likely was not present during the mushroom picking. I think it's really strange myself. There are alot of possiblilities to be considered, including the fact that Gartz may have IDed a mushroom that was supposedly from Kentucky, but it wasn't, etc. Now, because of our hypothetics in what we know( Region, weather, season, etc.), this seems relatively impossible. You know MJ, the most intelligent person on this board, even has his mind set when it comes to misplaced mycelium. Consider Doo's mushroom. MJ is most likely to be correct all in all. I'll admit, I badger at times(not flame) MJ sometimes and am probably wrong, but I'd like to see that possible suspects be noticed and studied by the man.
In this case, MJ clearly states that Ps. cyanescens was found in Kentucky last fall. I haven't read anything else about it yet. But if MJ posted this info, considering MJ's somewhat stubborness in the subject, knowing the thoughts going through his mind, and finally his hands typing this as factual and definite, I for one will have to agree and feel nothing but joy! This may be a 1 in 100 year find, but it's a find and I'm exstatic!
Also, we know that Ps. cyanescens is found on many countries and continents. Considering that, I would consider it a wide-spread mushroom even though it may be sort-of confined in our country. We know that Tennessee hosts quite a few Psilocybian mushrooms itself and that Kentucky is just north, so adding the most potent Psilocybian mushroom of all is just astonishing! Imaging Ps. cubensis and Ps. cyanescens growin side-by-side. It just twists my mycelial mind to the max.
I know for a fact that I'm rambling, but this is my mind at work, please bear with me!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #354227 - 07/13/01 12:57 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hello to all here at the musrhoom hunting forum.

Once again I see the dangerous spread of misinformation being passed around by some members here who know not of what they speak.

I posted that Dr. Gast?n Guzm?n has identified wild specimens of Psilcybe cyanescens form Kentucky.

They were growing in a wooded area and not transplanted.

The paper is in press. here is the information..

Guzm?n, G. 1999. New species and new records of Psilocybe from Spain, the U.S.A., and Mexico, and a new case of intoxication by Psilocybe barrerae. Doc. Mycol. volume 114 (in press).

Also in press are the identification of six species of Hypholoma.

Guzm?n, G. New Combinations in Hypholoma and information on the distribution and properties of the species. Doc. Mycol. Volume 113 (in press).

Anyway, guys, lets get your information right and please read what you see printed and rely on facts and none of this urban legend stories put forth above in this thread.

Where you came up with Gartz is beyond me.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: mjshroomer]
    #354237 - 07/13/01 01:07 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i knew it was Guzm?n :)
but whats with kentucky cyans? its not the right climate. :P
howed they get there? naturally occuring. you cant blame people for being curious. all youve said about this is that theyve been discovered in kentucky last year. not much to go on, peoples immaginations will run wild when sparked by Psilocybe cyanacens. (directly and indirectly) :)

i would think that the atlantic coast would be closer to cyan habitat than kentucky. but then i really dont know exactly what kentucky is like. :)

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: Mitchnast]
    #354340 - 07/13/01 05:30 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

MJ, no one said they were from a cultivated patch, so stop your whinning about mis-info spread. I ASKED if they were possibly from a cultivated patch, paul stamets seems to do that alot, so I asked the question.

So they were found wild, cool! I still think they are probably not that common in that state. Its possible they rode in on a rhododendron plant/farm and spread wild? Or maybe someones outdoor patch finally pumped out enough spores to take to the region. I just find it hard to believe they are growing there wild, thats all.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #354419 - 07/13/01 10:06 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Lizard King,

my complaint was the information about Gartz. The onl,y thing he has in common with Guzm?n is that both of
their last names began with the letter G.

P. cyans can also grow in New York and anywhere where there are mixed conifers and Rhoderdendrons, Verbinas and other plants which have a mycorhizzial relationshio[p with the shrooms.. Shit even the liberty cap mushroom can be picked in India's hot climate and along the Andes in Peru.
Two places where they really shouldn't grow. In the fall a lot of mushrooms come up for a short period of time and disappear in a week and do not come back again until the next year.

Psilocybe caerulescens was originally identified from Huntsville, Alabama in 1924 and was never ever found again in Alabama, yet it is the Derrumbe mushroom of the Mazatec Indians which has at least four variations in Mexico.

Even my mushroom, Psilocybe samuiensis. I ;icked a few pounds of them in Thailand when I first discovered them and I have never again been able to find them where I first collected them, although they are still there at some time of the year but only for a few weeks and then they are gone.

And only three people have actually found a few specimens of Psilocybe tampanensis in Florida and never again.

No one knows why.

P. caeruliupes, reported from Florida to Maine is also common in Ohio and in southern Ontario and they also resemble Psilocybe cyanescens in the later stages of their growth and developement.

Anway guys have a shroomy day

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: mjshroomer]
    #354539 - 07/14/01 03:18 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

It was Guzman, not Gartz. My bad. I just remembering seeing pics of Gartz lying in the grass with bushels of liberty caps. The G threw me off. I'll be more precise in the future, promise.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Edited by Levi7 on 07/22/01 12:17 AM.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #354547 - 07/14/01 03:41 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I just edited a reply to my own post that was obsurd.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Edited by Levi7 on 07/22/01 12:21 AM.

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
    #354577 - 07/14/01 06:56 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

LOL

i actually think that you and MJ should hang out sometime and trip together..the ego war is halarious..take some shrooms together and come down to the same level..youd probably like each other a lot more..you are both great contributors of information to this board but the negative tension is rediculous..get back to the shrooms..thats what i wanna know about.

If there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Magic found in Kentucky [Re: My Third Eye]
    #354642 - 07/14/01 10:10 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, the emotions run strong. I will not make a comment towards either side at this point. Lets all just chill and take it easy, no need to fight. Its good to have different opinions and people who question each other, but try not to get offensive about it, ya know.

I hate to see MJ or Levi leave over some BS like this. So before it gets to that point, can we all just drop it and move on?

LK,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies