Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefungus4us
Stranger
Loc: the u.s.
shroom kits
    #352905 - 07/02/01 09:57 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

what do people think of the kit for a newbie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: shroom kits [Re: fungus4us]
    #352915 - 07/02/01 10:34 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

most of the time those kits are a rip off

it takes about 20$ to get everything for the inoculation/incubation stage (not including spores, but you can get those for free if you ask the right people) and another 30$ for the terr. (if you build the cheapest one it might not even cost that) after that its just like making brownies, follow simple directions. Either way, kit or no kit, you need to mix everything, inoculate, transfer when done, and everything else, why not spend the time buying the stuff, and really care for your new hobby?

You approach the turnstiles and know
that when you get there you have to give
the man two dollars or he won't let you
inside but when you get there everything
goes wrong.

OfflineJ_Twista

Re: shroom kits [Re: windex]
    #352934 - 07/02/01 11:27 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

yeah whatever you do steer clear of www.magicshrooms.com i ordered from them before i knew anything about shrooms and it tooks 6 months to arrive and then it was an agar setup, and it didnt provide all the needed materials. and everything i made with it got contaminated.

I am Batman
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
I am Batman
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #352952 - 07/02/01 12:13 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

kits arent good!! especially for newbies. whatever you do dont order from www.mushroommagic.com i wasted 7 cc and it all got contaminated!! try going to the spore exchange forum and ask if someone with experience can make you a kit and you can buy it off of them. it will definately be cheaper and since this is coming from someone with experience it will have a greater chance of working. it would probably take a while to get it shipped though.

hey, you got to be genuine thats the name of this game. if you're real, then you aint got nothing to worry about, but if youre synthetic then starting tomorrow you're balls come off!

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Offlinefungus4us
Stranger
Loc: the u.s.
Re: shroom kits [Re: aluminum_can]
    #352956 - 07/02/01 12:25 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hey man thanks for all your f/b it is helpful. i need to read some more. i hear mushroom cultivator is a good book

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

#352997 - 07/02/01 02:27 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Kits are great for newbies...First time I grew not so long ago I used a kit from Sporechicks and turned up with just about 3 oz on my first flush.

The benefits kits have are they give you the dumbass instructions. It's very easy to follow if you dont know exactly what you are doing.

If you feel like you know exactly what you are doing then don't buy a kit...its cheaper to build it yourself. If you are fuzzy at all on the procedure it could really help you to have a kit because it makes it all that much easier.

One thing to consider...most kits come with spores. Lets say the kit costs $90.00 (that's what I payed including shipping).....Two spore syringes are going to cost you a total of $30. Subtract that from the price of the kit. Kit costs $60. Let's say your supplies (jars, rubbermaid container, perlite, vermiculite, etc) cost you $30. Now the kit is only costing you $30.

You are more than likely going to have a higher success rate if you go with the kit because that means there are less steps involved and less chance for human error resulting in contams.

Let's just say you screw up the first batch that you did on your own without a kit.....that is gonna cost you another $30 for two more spore syringes.

Well you balance that all out and no kit versus kit costs the same.

Now I would say your decision lies in how confident you feel that you understand what you are supposed to do and that you can do it right.

You need to make your own decision but I wouldnt take the advice of the people who say no way don't but a kit....You need to think it through first. They are right in what they are saying its cheaper to do it yourself...and you need to make sure to buy a good kit from a reputable dealer that is known to have success with thier kits.

A kit is not a ripoff though....I doubt I would have had as much success as I did my first time if I had tried it on my own. It was all confusing even with the kit. I had even done plenty of reading prior to it all.

Good luck in your ventures and just think things through before you make any hasty decisions.

Karen

*MAKE THE SHROOMERY A BETTER PLACE!*
Visit the suggestion forum & be active in ALL aspects of the community!
When you are done go visit the FSR!

Offlinepj541
Loc: fuck off
Re: shroom kits [Re: Karen]
    #353262 - 07/11/01 04:21 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

don't ever buy anything from www.sporetradingpost.com over priced!!!!!!!!!

because i got high

--------------------
?Well, this is how the world works. All energies flow according to the whims of the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.?

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #353265 - 07/11/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Some kits or OK for a newbie, provided they come from the right place. Some vendors just sell the stuff for profit and purely for profit, resulting in you getting shit. A kit is nice for the lazy ass who doesn't like shopping. If you want to go for it on your own read up on the PF/MMGG tech. Best tech for a newbie. Hard to fuck up if you follow the instructions.

I don't care about jack shit, I just wanna pick my nose!!!
------Jonny Socko

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
    #353325 - 07/11/01 07:27 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Spoetradin post will charge you approximately ten times more for every item at his site then you would pay elsewhere. His kit contains nothing more than what would cost you 30 - 60 dollars at the store, that is for the most expensive one.

Support the FSR!

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

Offlinecesar1
Stranger
Re: shroom kits [Re: pyromaniac]
    #8195021 - 03/26/08 02:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I am looking to grow for me and my buds, (the crap we get out here has been known to make kids vomit) so needless to say making our own will be doing ourselves and our friends a favor. Community cultivation! anyhow we were considering kits for large qnty's can anyone seriously vouch for a site that gives the best deal? I mean like spores that are clean and kits worth the dime? we are a lazy group of potheads with too much cash, we cannot make our own kits we would fuck that up. We just need an easy set up and easy to follow instructions.

Offlineskateordont
I'm just a rockn roll clown

Loc: Flander's Fields, eh!
Re: shroom kits [Re: cesar1]
    #8195311 - 03/26/08 04:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

GTFO.

If you are too lazy to spend an hour at the store, two hours in your kitchen, then only having to touch them one time after that (putting them in the fruiting chamber), then you are too lazy to succeed in this hobby.

It's easy as hell if you can read a little and follow directions.

--------------------
My recipe for a good time:

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: shroom kits [Re: skateordont]
    #8195327 - 03/26/08 05:00 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

magicmushrooms is one of the Keepers sites

the keeper is a P.O.S that deserves a good skull fucking.

With that aside.

Shroom kits are expensive, they're just a way of vendors to glamorize the growing process by packaging the materials into a box with a bunch of pictures and instructions.

None of the shroomery sponsors offer grow kits. at least not that I'm aware of.

All you need is
$5 vermiculite
$3 worth of brown rice flour
$6 wide mouth mason jars
$5 perlite

Tinfoil and a container with a tight fitting lid, those are common house hold items.

then the spore syringe which is like $20 for three from ralphster.

So you're looking at $40 to get started opposed to $120 or whatever they sell those kits for. Be smart and don't be fooled by scammers.

--------------------

Edited by HybridprX (03/26/08 05:01 AM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: shroom kits [Re: cesar1]
    #8195477 - 03/26/08 06:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

1st off...

please don't drag up old posts like this one...

make your own thread.

this one was 7 years old before you bumped it!~

we frown on this type of crap!~

2ndly...

If your lazy mycology isn't the hobby for you.

3rdly...

Kits are a huge rip off...usually.

Some of the Shroomery Vendors do have some kits...

look through their sites...

http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #8195478 - 03/26/08 06:48 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
dead horse

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order