Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemr crisper

bait
    #321370 - 05/20/01 01:09 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

everythink you thing is real

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: bait [Re: mr crisper]
    #321403 - 05/20/01 02:19 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Assuming freedom of the will...
"You're saying I can dodge bullets?"
"No...when you're ready, you won't have to."

Hmmm... I'm not quite ready to jump in front of a train.

What would life be, without me?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMOoKie
Re: bait [Re: Sclorch]
    #321407 - 05/20/01 02:27 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If Earnest P. Whorl can do it, anyone can.

But does that mean anything I don't think, is unreal? If no one is there to see something, is it still existing? Is that Cal Ripken baseball card in the bottom of a shoebox there right now? If a tree falls in the forest.....

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

Offlinedragoon
enthusiast

Re: bait [Re: MOoKie]
    #321410 - 05/20/01 02:29 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

to the answer to these and no other philisophical questions visit the shroomery......

hehe

InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

#321469 - 05/20/01 07:50 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well, they say that if you can dream it, you can do it. I take this to mean that the dreaming is the hard part, and that once you're over this hump the actual doing is a mere formality. By extension, I figure that if you've already dreamed it, then it is (for all practical purposes) already done. Back to my video games.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: bait [Re: Clark]
    #322614 - 05/21/01 04:43 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

First you must figure out which dreams are real and which ones are illusions. Which is which?

-- "Eat what shall be eating." --

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: bait [Re: Sclorch]
    #322916 - 05/21/01 10:06 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

if you look at everything created by humans on a timescale, everything began as a thought, an idea. that thought was given energy until it evolved into being in the physical plane.
whatever is created is first visualised and if approved of named and filled with energy in the form of human physical effort and matter.
a thought is a seed, its up to you if you choose to sprout it and grow it.
if a battery is fully charged or flat its still a battery.
3 years olds can recognise a car but its not a good idea to let them drive, or build their own.
im sure not ready to jump under a train either
everythink you thing is real
-thing- is a verb in this sentence
maybe

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #322964 - 05/21/01 11:11 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

BF Skinner attempted to prove that we are a "blank tape" and whatever is "recorded" on our brains we would respond as programmed. (He did make a darn good job with his scientific experiments using animals, to make his point). As cold as Skinner's approach was, his theories are hard to argue against and as I have watched society as a whole, especially the violence that has "programmed" American youth through different medias, I have come to believe that, to a point, he was right. Now as bad as that seems there is a light of hope in this fact and that is the idea that we can imagine ourselves to anything we want. Here too lies a catch; what do we allow ourselves to imagine? "Ray, what did you do?!" This question brings us back to "boring old religion" as my kids say. But it seems that thousands of years ago people like Budda, Christ and Muhammad had the correct idea all along. In my life time I have seen the "impossible" come to a reality that is almost unbelieveable. I don't think I'll be picking up a train any time soon but I must admit that watching Buddist monks raise their body temperatures in an isolated monastary high in the mountains has gotten me thinking that I should probably pray more. I have been witness to amazing and miraculous graces, apparently dirived from other peoples' prayer when applied to the sick. I have also seen people so influenced by drugs, hatered and other negative influences that they had super human strength beyond understanding. While we must always crawl before we walk, I am a firm believer that to imagine is the real "birth" we share as humans. Hey, remember what happened to the GhostBusters, "Ray, what did you do?!?"
"I tried to imagine something that could never hurt us. Something from my childhood."
".....Yep, it's the Staypuff Marshmellow Man!"

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #322971 - 05/21/01 11:18 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Trying to get my image to load properly.

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

OfflineTODDEMS
Stranger
Loc: Australia
    #323049 - 05/22/01 01:43 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i didn't understand the question but heres a cool pic i made wit paint shop pro 6

Were all a little mad.

--------------------
Were all a little mad.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order