Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineminiatus
Stranger
Weighing Mushrooms
    #2754439 - 06/01/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Does anybody have any creative ideas on weighing mushrooms? I had 1.5 film canisters of hard-packed mushroom powder which didn?t seem like very much, but when I packed it into 00 gelcaps (my first time trying this approach) I ended up with 46 of them. From what I have read, 00s should hold about half a gram each, which would mean I have 23 grams. Seeing as I did not think I had much powder to begin with, this seems unlikely and I would like to make a rough estimate of how much is in a capsule before I dose. My brother has taken our scale with him on a road trip, and I don?t feel like spending $25 on another scale or waiting out the month for his return. If anybody has devised any somewhat accurate methods of estimating weight or any ideas as to where I could go to use a scale (the local headshop burned down) I would love to hear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Weighing Mushrooms [Re: miniatus]
    #2754492 - 06/01/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

post office has a scale you can use, now would be a good time as the main part should be closed and you'd be the only one around. you can make a balance with dollar bills (1g each) or nickels (5g each) as well. 00 caps will hold anywhere from .5- .7 ime depends on how hard you pack them, they should be pretty tight to hold .5 though not able to smush that easily/

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2754531 - 06/01/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Lol post office does have a nice scale that can be used after hours, but i dunno about bring mushies in there.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2757739 - 06/02/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Scales imply dealing. It is funny that the originators of the use of these shrooms in religeous context and ceremonial rituals never weigh mushrooms. The shaman or sabio, brujo, or curandera always consume tewice as many shrooms as their clients who use them and never had a need for anyscales. cales go witht he white man's greed for control of the shrooms.

mj

If one is weighing shrooms it is fdefinitely not for use but more or less of for resale of shrooms.

Something all Indians frown upon, except those influenced by western civilizations need for such shrooms. Buit then they do not weigh a single bag they sell tourists.

In Hawaii, people pass the bag around and grab a handful and whatever happens happens. Seen the vry same thing with liberty cap shrooms.
mj

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Weighing Mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2757767 - 06/02/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I weigh mushrooms for dosage sometimes, you can determine potency and what level of intensity you should expect.

Offlineminiatus
Stranger
    #2757940 - 06/02/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mjshroomer, I understand your perspective. These, however, are not for resale. I trip with my friends and as I would feel responsible for giving out a dose higher than a given person could handle or if I shrugged off contamination problems, I take extra care to make sure nothing goes wrong. Before my brother and I started using scales, we had a few difficulties that we would like to avoid in the future. My brother has good physical health, but one evening when we decided to consume mushrooms, we made a poor estimate and as a result he encountered heart problems with his resting heart rate of about 50 shooting up to 180 (my mum has become a fitness nut so she has a heart monitor that we used). I had no physical problems, except for great concern for my brother. Another time a friend was laughing and screaming and crying and wishing for death as well as many other things, and was running a fever. I believe this person to be of stable mental health, as I know them quite well. In neither of these cases was the dose particularly high as we don?t have many mushrooms, I suppose the variety is just quite potent. At any rate, I find scales are valuable tools for estimating the level of the trip so I don?t give people more than they were/are expecting. Thanks for all of your input everyone; I believe I will opt for buying another set of scales as here in Canada the post offices don?t have one accessible after-hours.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2758141 - 06/02/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, Sorry buit i cannot get into this one. I have a very different popinion about people who practive medicine without a liscense becasue they usualluy do not know what they are doing. In fact most of us, me included, hae no idea what the hell we are doing.

Ehtnoegenic plants are powerful medicines and giving any body a drug or sacred plant becasue you do it does not make that right.

WE all take for credit that we know what we are doing but consequences ebcome aparent when people give somene a compound that they take and think everyone else is capable of taking it also. This is playing God to an extent that oit is up to an individual to fo do a specific plant substance and only that personis capable of deciding.

Remember that there are people who cannot handle anything and many who can.

It is like every now and then someone who does x given to them bu y a freiend dies.

Imageine you gave that person that dose. Hthey cried, they laughed, they freeaked out. It could be anyone. Thats why medicine is controolled in this country becasue peopel give drugs to others and do not know what is in those other people whom they are giving the drugs to. Like a good friend who narks on another. Oh I never thought my friend would fink on me. So you share a bowl of pot with another. He goes outside, gets i hit nby a car.

WEll that does r not really happen when smoking pot, Ut it is like letting your friend drive you home when you are high. That is not knowing what one is doing. SO I am going to avod getting into that aspect of this post,

havew a shroomy day,

mj

Its about quatitation. Doctors do it all the time.
What i like is a doctor who prescribes a medication and then has t give you two other medications to counter act the effects of the first. That is bad medicine. But the pills and capsules are weighted out.

OfflineR2R
journeyman
Loc: South Louisiana
    #2758303 - 06/02/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Baraka, i love those fly blotters in your signature tag line. Those were the first LSD i tried and I must say it was lots of fun... potent shit right there!

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2758407 - 06/02/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:

In Hawaii, people pass the bag around and grab a  handful and whatever happens happens.  Seen the vry same thing with liberty cap shrooms.
mj

In your opinion, is that considered responsible drug use?  I usually weigh my mushrooms out, and I've never sold mushrooms.  I like to have an idea of what head space I'm going into.  Unintentionally ingesting a high dose at a concert is not my idea of a good trip.  In my opinion, certain circumstances require certain doses.  If I wanna stay up all night having conversations with friends I'll eat 2-3 grams, but if I want to go on a solo voyage I'll eat 5 grams.  If we have the knowledge and the means to accurately predict a dose, then why shouldn't we?  There is no right or wrong way to use a drug.  Only irresponsible and responsible ways :wink:

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2758434 - 06/02/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
If one is weighing shrooms it is fdefinitely not for use but more or less of for resale of shrooms.

With all due respect, I've gotta call bullshit on this.  I've never dealed, but I still have use for a scale.  I know that 3.5g of my last batch was almost too much to handle, that 1.5-2g was a nice social trip, and that 1g was something that would just get me above the baseline and make things a teeny bit more fun without really 'tripping'.

I can tell that we've got two completely different approaches to shrooming.  I'm careful about my dosage; I want to know how deep into the rabbit hole I should expect to go.  And I -suck- at estimating weight by eye.  :wink:  Your approach is different, and obviates the use of a scale; as I practice tripping, however, I need one.  Most beginning trippers out there like having a scale, too -- it's a stable reference point, it's a reassurance. 

Anyway.  Don't judge those who use scales too harshly.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlineminiatus
Stranger
    #2758494 - 06/02/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mjshroomer: ?Sorry but I cannot get into this one? implies some sort of argument; I agree with what you are saying. I share and receive knowledge willingly and if I didn?t want to hear any and all opinions, I wouldn?t be on such a forum.

You are right; one can never determine the full outcome of his or her actions. I do not play God; I simply share what I have with others, and do so carefully because I care about my friends and I do not want any of them to be hurt. It is ultimately the individual?s own decision about what he or she decides to put into his or her body. This does not mean I do not exercise extreme discretion when I administer mushrooms; I would not give them just to anyone and I am extremely careful with how much they consume. And, if something fucked up happened and I got in trouble for it, I am willing to accept that. The individual is always responsible for his or her own actions and should be prepared to accept any consequences that result from such. As I would be responsible for sharing the drugs and any misfortunes that occur as a result, the person consuming mushrooms or whatever is equally responsible for the outcome of this choice.

I am not omnipotent. I am not omniscient. I do not claim to be.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2758911 - 06/02/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Scales imply dealing.

bullshit. honestly, you look at a bag of mushies, and you have no clue how much they weigh, then you have no clue what kinda trip you are about to have. Shrooms are a powerful thing, one should probably know how much they have ingested. A scale is a tool for both consumers and dealers, it's a shame that you associate it with only dealers.

--------------------

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Weighing Mushrooms [Re: jux]
    #2759815 - 06/03/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jux said:
Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Scales imply dealing.

I think MJ means in the eyes of the law.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Weighing Mushrooms [Re: John]
    #2759838 - 06/03/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"nickels (5g each)"

Really.

Canadian ones are 4 and pennis are 2.5

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Weighing Mushrooms [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #2760779 - 06/03/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DreaMaTrix said:
Quote:

jux said:
Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Scales imply dealing.

i don't because he states that bit about shamans taking twice whatever the amount his clients take and about how hawaiians grab whatever amount out of a bag of shrooms and eat and go with whatever flow comes their way.

i rely on scales to exact my doses and i have never delt mushrooms.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Weighing Mushrooms [Re: TODAY]
    #2760991 - 06/03/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was referring to the law. Scales are parphenalia in the eyes of the law.

Anyway, for thirty years I have seen people do that with liberty caps and blue ringers in the PNW and I observed many pickers when I lived in Florida who would eat shrooms while picking (both Copes and Cubes). This is common where mushrooms grow freely and people do not have to buy them from anyone.

In Seattle, many pickers pick a lot of P. cyans and they share them with all of their friends. They are not greedy and usually just make a bag up and they tell friends to eat two or three and that is all one needs. Especially with baby P. cyans which can yield twenty hits in a fresh ounce.

However I do undersatnd the need for a scale for pot.

Everyone has a different metabolism and one gram will get one person off although that is not the high and then others need five or six grams. After a few years, tolerance to shrooms developes very fast.

mj

Anonymous

#2761050 - 06/03/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i thought the same thing. and well i guess we're right.

i just want to add that one of my best trips i have ever had was when i just ate a couple nice sized mushrooms till i 'felt' it was just right for the night. they were fresh.

honestly, after reading what mj said, its like yeah fuck a scale, i can just nibble till my HEART is content, and not be afraid of what will happen. i use them for spiritual reasons anyways, so it would be better this way, no way of knowing exactly how hard you will shroom, not knowign what to expect, just a spiritual experience, like back in the day.

i also would like to say, whoever flips out and cant handle their shrooms shouldnt even do them, they arent for getting 'fucked up' on, how many times do u need to shroom to realize this? If you do them to get fucked up, that is exactly what will happen, your going to get FUCKED UP. Ya gotta let go and deal with whatever in a positive manner, no fighting, just be, by being, your positive, no negativity to fuck you over.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules