Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos)
    #2653137 - 05/08/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

WEll yesterday proved quite an intereting day for me.

Took a walk near Northgatee this morning and found apatch of some blue ringers.

Just picked up the film at bartels.

HEre are some images. Not as good as with my digital but they are okay.

I used an old Pentax 900 which does not always work so goo I am having focusing problems. half the images were blurred beyonf recognition.

Here are 8 images from 36 picttures i took uyesrterday. Almost not worth the film.

And now the rewards and fruits of my labour.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2653314 - 05/08/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Very nice finds  :laugh:...
I'm surprised we've had enough rain for them to be up, I thought the sun would just be baking anything that showed it's cap.

Peace

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2653408 - 05/08/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

very nice find!!!  :eek:

i'll have to go for a walk this weekend...  :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos) [Re: @cro]
    #2653422 - 05/08/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Remember automatic sprinkler systems for blue ringers works well in Seattle and surrounding areas.

Anyway thanks for the support. I was, as usual, not looking for them. I was ho goiing uypt o best buy to look at new computer prices. Hate riding the bus to Northgate.

Anyway, cheers.

mj

I also foound some panaeolus subbalteatus on campus in woodchips yesterday. I will post that image later.

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #2653625 - 05/08/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Hate riding the bus to Northgate.

Anyway, cheers.

mj

I also foound some panaeolus subbalteatus on campus in woodchips yesterday. I will post that image later.

I take it you took the 358. I remember one time I was riding that route to Shoreline. Some guy in the back thought he was possessed by satan. It was a strange trip.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos) [Re: Stymee]
    #2654139 - 05/08/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe you can identify what species "blue ringers" are for those who have not been aquainted with them. Often times I see laymen terms for mushrooms, and I think this depreciates the educational purpose of the forum. Thanks!

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos) [Re: Signo]
    #2654188 - 05/08/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

P. stunzii and P. fimetaria are f referred to as blue ringers due to the veil remnant turning blue from natural and human handling or damge.

mj

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #2654357 - 05/08/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

great find MJ, those are some beauties :thumbup:

Anonymous

#2655098 - 05/08/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Loc: Florida, USA
    #2656172 - 05/09/04 08:26 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Very cool, MJ...

I've heard great things about you from ggreatOne....
Lookin' good and thanks for sharing!!!

~Tanya~

--------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humprey Bogart

:fire: "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?" :fire:

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2656355 - 05/09/04 10:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

most excellent score mj :grin: :thumbup:

nice pics too

DH

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos) [Re: spores]
    #2666858 - 05/12/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I guess I need to keep my eyes open, when I'm walking around that area. I'm there like every day.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#2668241 - 05/12/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think blue ringers are one of the funest mushrooms to pick. i just love stumbling across huge patches of these. I love the story you have in your book "psilocybin mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest" about when you first found blue ringers and the enormous patch that was found. I hope i am not getting my books mixed up, i have been letting my friend use all my books to read up on and i have not been able to look at them for a while. I might be thinking of Paul Stamets(sp?) book "psilocybin Mushrooms of the world" but either way it is an awesome little story.

PNW woop woop :grin:

Edited by fliped (05/12/04 12:35 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos) [Re: fliped]
    #2668574 - 05/12/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Both Paul and I have seen at the asame time patches of blue ringers int he range of 50 or more piounds of them on a single lawn and many lawns near them were the same.

Teh dissappearance of farmlands int he Rainier valley and in Carnation are what is causing the disappearnce of the stuntzii's.

Baeos once rare, were abundant in the city between 1979 and 1985, and then they disappeared again.

Steeco- beauty bark use to be the main substarate for P. cyanescens and stuntzii in woodchips int he fall and now the P. cyanes appear in branches and crushed alder and mixtures of certain hardb woods.

mj
The last big patch od blue ringers was a lawn I took @cro to but is now slowly about all gone. Before that Gartz and I fdound an 8-0 pound patch in Eugene, Oregon.

WE picked about thirty pounds, dealt with some uncool people who popped up while we were picking, approached by both police and security guards, we showed shroom permission I d form the u of hawaii and from U of Leipzig to tyhe enforcement crowds and took out shrooms to Breitenbush with us for the big party a tthe end of the conference on shrooms.

But big patches of the blue ringers still occur. Finding them is less than what it was 15 uyears ago.

mj

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#2668841 - 05/12/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That is really cool MJ, the most i have found in one patch was a little over a wet pound, but that was just one patch had days where i have got 15+ wet pounds before and that is only picking the mature ones.

I have a spot in my town that was a old saw mill and it is abandoned now and the whole ground is just shreded up wood and sage brush has grown all throught the feild and is just amazing for beaos and i also belive i have found pellicolosa but that is not certain yet. I have picked well over 20 wet pounds in one day and that is not even going through the whole area. I still hae many dried beaos and blue ringers left for my off season stash. This fall if you are interested i would love to show this place, it is just amazing. The beaos are so abundant i find huge patches just out in the middle of the little gravel roads. Blue ringers just love it in this area too.

I know you have probably seen the best of the best of the spots in this area and around the world but if you are ever interested in checking this area out just let me know. I would really love to show it to you.

PEACE

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Blue Ringers are definitely Up (fotos) [Re: fliped]
    #2669199 - 05/12/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

HEre is my bed at breitenbuish Hot Springs for the annual 1991 Mushroom Conference held there.

Gartz and I picked massive fruitings of this species at the Bon Marche Parking Lot in Valley River Center across the Willamette River at Skinners Butte Park in Eugene. Don't worry. They are long gone. WE pulled in there oit have a Red Robin Burger. I wanted to treeat Jochen to a real American Giant Cheeseburger rather than fast food at Mac's.

I also have newspapers drying under both a our beds and on the floor. Most pictures were lost ovetr the years in m,oving and also from thef5t. I do have some of the clusters growing in parts of theparking lot but will have to look for them.

mj

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#2671374 - 05/12/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow great score MJ. It reminds me of my kitchen table in the fall :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies