Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrimpJiggler
Stranger

Schizophrenia and spirituality
    #18808773 - 09/06/13 06:51 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I've stayed up too long on meth and smoked cannabis a few times, and this has sends me into a full blown psychotic episode. I'm prone to cannabis induced psychosis as it is, so the combination of the meth induced sleep deprivation and the cannabis really sends me off my rockers. They have been the scariest experiences of my life hands down, but also some of the most spiritually awakening experiences. I would be getting terrorized by hallucinations for hours on end, and eventually I'd just accept defeat and surrender. It was only years later that I started to understand the spiritual implications of all this. It wasn't me that was being assaulted by the hallucinations, it was my ego. Wasn't me that was struggling to survive, it was my ego.

I remember listening to this song during and after one of the experiences:

hearing it again brings back all the bizarre, alien emotions that came with that state. Its like that tune was made to be listened to in the psychotic state. The state where everything has deep spiritual meaning below the surface. I remember thinking that what happens in this 3D world is just ripples caused by what is going on in the spiritual world, and that the pain and suffering we feel here (the illusory 3D world), has its source in the spiritual world (the real world) and thinking about how sad it was that everyone is deluded into thinking the source of their pain can be comprehended with the 3D mind and at the same time how awesome it is that this pain is the very thing that ultimately forces us to drop all the pettiness and surface bullshit and see what we are underneath: psychonautical warriors. These experiences were years ago, but I can't shake the feeling that I may have been seeing the truth. Maybe I've been like an ostriche with its head in the sand, and its time to wake the fuck up and remember I'm not confined to this 3D reality thing. Or maybe there is no reality. Maybe we simply exist in the reality, on which frequency we resonate.

--------------------
…...,~__________________, ,.
….../ `—___________—-___]Give a man a gun
…../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/he can rob a bank.
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
…//__/Give a man a bank,he can rob the world!
.//__/

Edited by CrimpJiggler (09/06/13 06:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGloomShroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia and spirituality [Re: CrimpJiggler]
    #18808915 - 09/06/13 07:20 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

THIS SONG IS FUCKING AWESOME.

/drugs

:mindblown:

OfflineCrimpJiggler
Stranger

Re: Schizophrenia and spirituality [Re: GloomShroom]
    #18808980 - 09/06/13 07:33 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I know. Hearing it while in psychosis or psychedelic state is completely mind bending.

--------------------
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
.//__/

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #18811328 - 09/07/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Don't underestimate Nature. it is not "3 D reality", it is real living reality, Mystery, you are born into and die into. it is sacred

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Schizophrenia and spirituality [Re: zzripz]
    #18811876 - 09/07/13 02:52 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

^

Nature is a mind.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineCrimpJiggler
Stranger

Re: Schizophrenia and spirituality [Re: circastes]
    #18811880 - 09/07/13 02:54 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

zzripz can you elaborate.

--------------------
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
.//__/

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#18812256 - 09/07/13 05:13 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Can't tell if he's trolling or not actually

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#18812270 - 09/07/13 05:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It seems to me that there are frequencies, levels or dimensions of reality and your brain is like a tuning device. This is from direct experience, I'm aware of it now, this is not speculation or wishful thinking. I'm always going into different frequencies.

I agree if that post is not a troll that reality is sacred.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineCrimpJiggler
Stranger

#18813973 - 09/08/13 03:19 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I think hes serious, I think hes talking about the same thing I experienced on salvia. The environment being conscious. I've heard people say the universe is conscious, but I haven't experienced that for myself, so I don't know it beyond a theoretical level. Its the feeling I get on mushroom like psychedelics too.

Really interesting what you say about frequencies. How do you know this to be true, on an experiential level? I mean, what tells you its all about frequencies and the brain is like a tuning device? During psychosis, I've seen small lightweight objects rapidly oscillating, it was as if my brain couldn't determine their exact location so they existed in multiple locations at once. When I walked right up close to them, they stopped oscillating and I could see what they were. Something really odd is that they made noise as they were oscillating, similar to a fan.

I don't like theorizing but according to mainstream scientific theory, all particles (and therefore all solid matter) exhibit this wave particle duality thing, therefore even the material world consists entirely of vibrations with frequencies. That goes for neurotransmitters and mind altering substances too. So I suppose the specific types of neurochemicals present in the brain would affect the overall frequency of the brain, and thus the frequencies it resonates with.

--------------------
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
.//__/

Edited by CrimpJiggler (09/08/13 03:29 AM)

OfflineCrimpJiggler
Stranger

#18814045 - 09/08/13 05:00 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

BTW circastes, do you ever get sleep paralysis?

--------------------
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
.//__/

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #18814055 - 09/08/13 05:13 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CrimpJiggler said:
I think hes serious, I think hes talking about the same thing I experienced on salvia. The environment being conscious. I've heard people say the universe is conscious, but I haven't experienced that for myself, so I don't know it beyond a theoretical level. Its the feeling I get on mushroom like psychedelics too.

Really interesting what you say about frequencies. How do you know this to be true, on an experiential level? I mean, what tells you its all about frequencies and the brain is like a tuning device? During psychosis, I've seen small lightweight objects rapidly oscillating, it was as if my brain couldn't determine their exact location so they existed in multiple locations at once. When I walked right up close to them, they stopped oscillating and I could see what they were. Something really odd is that they made noise as they were oscillating, similar to a fan.

I don't like theorizing but according to mainstream scientific theory, all particles (and therefore all solid matter) exhibit this wave particle duality thing, therefore even the material world consists entirely of vibrations with frequencies. That goes for neurotransmitters and mind altering substances too. So I suppose the specific types of neurochemicals present in the brain would affect the overall frequency of the brain, and thus the frequencies it resonates with.

Yes I was serious. I am saying what you sensed I was saying, that Nature is conscious. This quote explains it very well. The author is saying that we are being played, in that the elite offer us a supposed 'choice'---either scientific materialism or New Age spiritualsm. The latter would include the idea that nature and universe is 'just a 3D illusion'--etc etc. This is what the likes of David Icke's claims. But when looked at closer, BOTH these myths of scientism and the New Age make sure to make us feel disconnected from nature. Read the quote:
Quote:

...[C]onventional scientific discourse privileges the sensible field in abstraction from sensory experience, and commonly maintains that subjective experience is "caused" by an objectifiable set of processes in the mechanically determined field of the sensible. Meanwhile, New Age spiritualism regularly privileges pure sentience, or subjectivity, in abstraction from sensible matter, and often maintains that material reality is itself an illusory effect caused by an immaterial mind or spirit. Although commonly seen as opposed worldviews, both of these positions assume a qualitative difference between the sentient and the sensed; by prioritizing one or the other, both of these views perpetuate the distinction between human "subjects" and natural "objects" and hence neither threatens the common conception of sensible nature as a purely passive dimension suitable for human manipulation and use. While both of these views are unstable, each bolsters the other; by bouncing from one to the other---from scientific determinism to spiritual idealism and back again---contemporary discourse easily avoids the possibility that both the perceiving being and the perceived are of the same stuff, that the perceiver and the perceived are interdependent and in some sense even reversible aspects of a common animate element, or Flesh, that is at once both sensible and sensitive. " (The Spell of the Sensuous, by David Abram pages 66-67)

Edited by zzripz (09/08/13 05:14 AM)

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#18814206 - 09/08/13 07:35 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CrimpJiggler said:

Yeah I used to get it EVERY night and other nights just full blown out of body experiences. It all stopped after a medication change due to my illness. These medications will eventually stop and I will be able to resume my OBE adventuring. It is far beyond profound.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#18814240 - 09/08/13 07:51 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

What meds if you don't mind?

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia and spirituality [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #18815427 - 09/08/13 02:21 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Risperdal Consta (minimum dose) and Abilify 30mg.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

#18815772 - 09/08/13 04:07 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

The line between enlightenments and psychosis can be extremely thin.

When your mind is wide open and you're sitting on the edge of insanity when states of consciousness blend into one another, truths might be unveiled but so might delusions. You have to be careful not to become lost in the madness and that can prove more difficult to some than others.

This reality is indeed sacred and it's important to hold on to it so as not to slip and fall into the abyss you might peer into.

Keep an open mind, but don't be consumed by it. The universe in which we exist in is as real as it gets, be it a resonating frequency, a material realm in the mind of an omniscient narrator or a snowglobe on God's mantelpiece. In these infinite cosmos on a little space rock formed billions of years ago with all the phenomenal circumstances to grow and sustain life, here we exist. There's no illusion about that.

The perception of our reality and another reality should not be confused by being intertwined. What we have is what we have.

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia and spirituality [Re: Into The Woods]
    #18816111 - 09/08/13 05:49 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Serious.  But, the mind clings to belief about the world and just like one never knows completely the Salvia experience a seeker can find himself, or his mind, out of his control.  Its not just mere observation.  The organism fabricates delusions about what it is that it is observing.  Its faulty.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia and spirituality [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #18816285 - 09/08/13 06:38 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I really don't know about schizophrenia having any kind of insight-like worth. You go fucking crazy and it really, really hurts.

This is unless I am just traumatised by how bad my marijuana experiences were.

I sort of see how the schizophrenic and the shaman "swim in the same waters". I am beginning to consider myself a shaman, especially since I "(am) a sick man who has healed himself." -McKenna. Also I seem to be so profoundly aware of so much in reality that I must be on a different level to most people.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#18816326 - 09/08/13 06:51 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Its interesting that MJ caused what it did for you.  I used and it seemed to help.  I want to start juicing.

OfflineCrimpJiggler
Stranger

#18817108 - 09/08/13 10:45 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Quote:

CrimpJiggler said:

Yeah I used to get it EVERY night and other nights just full blown out of body experiences. It all stopped after a medication change due to my illness. These medications will eventually stop and I will be able to resume my OBE adventuring. It is far beyond profound.

Same thing happened with me. Used to get sleep paralysis almost every night, but after going on xanax and other drugs for a few months, my brain chemistry changed and I stopped getting it. I quit all drugs a few months ago though, and now I'm starting to get it again. How do you know they're OBEs you experience? I go into lucid dreams from SP regularly, but I've only had 1 confirmed OBE so far, and that was after being on shrooms (tryptamines give me sleep paralysis) the previous day. Do you think the hypnagogic hallucinations is astral phenomena? Its mighty interesting meditating in sleep paralysis. When I just observe the hallucinations rather than react to them, the nature of them changes completely.

--------------------
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
.//__/

OfflineCrimpJiggler
Stranger

#18817151 - 09/08/13 10:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Quote:

CrimpJiggler said:

Same thing happened with me. Used to get sleep paralysis almost every night, but after going on xanax and other drugs for a few months, my brain chemistry changed and I stopped getting it. I quit all drugs a few months ago though, and now I'm starting to get it again. How do you know they're OBEs you experience? I go into lucid dreams from SP regularly, but I've only had 1 confirmed OBE so far, and that was after being on shrooms (tryptamines give me sleep paralysis) the previous day. Do you think the hypnagogic hallucinations is astral phenomena? Its mighty interesting meditating in sleep paralysis. When I just observe the hallucinations rather than react to them, the nature of them changes completely. Tibetan Buddhists do a practice called dream yoga where they meditate in their sleep, and I read that they use this technique to prepare for death. They say that similar to retaining consciousness during sleep, they can retain it after death.

Quote:

circastes said:
I really don't know about schizophrenia having any kind of insight-like worth. You go fucking crazy and it really, really hurts.

This is unless I am just traumatised by how bad my marijuana experiences were.

I sort of see how the schizophrenic and the shaman "swim in the same waters". I am beginning to consider myself a shaman, especially since I "(am) a sick man who has healed himself." -McKenna. Also I seem to be so profoundly aware of so much in reality that I must be on a different level to most people.

Its always hard to see the value of your own experiences because you have nothing to compare them to, its only when things radically change do you see how the experiences really influenced you. I get cannabis induced psychosis too, a tiny amount (what would do nothing to the average person) instils a sense of pure terror and impending doom. If nothing else, it humbles me.

--------------------
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
.//__/

Edited by CrimpJiggler (09/08/13 11:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds