Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinepermaFRY
youngstonerwithguitar
Loc: right now i'm in TEXAS bu...
FLASHBACKS !!!
    #1808811 - 08/13/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i've had several flashbacks of a shroom trip i had when i got into "the plastic doll" phase of the trip. It was like everything became meaningless and everyone was lifeless, wooden, fake, robotic and it drives me crazy. Well Last night i had a sort of flashback but it wasn't like that, I was trying to sleep and i got more and more introspective and i GOT VISUALS , TRIPPY VISUALS and they were kool first i was like "oh no not again" but then i got into it ...i think i could have REACHED THE CLEAR LIGHT if i wanted to. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY VISUALS COME BACK WHILE NOT ON ANYTHING.? how about while trying to go to sleep? do you seen anything? COMMENTS !!

--------------------
i'm just peachy chilling here trying to kill time in my class at some lame ass college in texas...can't wait to go back to AZ oh well in the meantime i can jam on my guitar and whack tha toolage. peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefloridaboi101
Fiddlestix

Loc: SW Florida
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: permaFRY]
    #1808923 - 08/13/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i dont think shrooms can give flashbacks...i heard that LSD can but that shrooms cant

--------------------
Got weed?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: floridaboi101]
    #1809059 - 08/13/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well...
since people who have never taken any "psychedelic" drugs have been shown to have experiences indistinguishable from the classic "flashbackies" that some trippers report having... it would seem that these spontaneous ASCs are more a product of having a human CNS rather than a product of having taken drugs of some sort...
however --- it is quite possible that having taken strong psychedelics, or even "mild" ones (like marihuana), can make one more likely to notice the altered state (rather than ignore it, or saying "gosh, i must have been daydreaming")
if these experiences are persistent, or begin to interfere with your ability to interact with concensus reality (that is, the waking dream we all seem to share with our fellow humans), well, there may be something else going on... maybe a few hundred mg of niacinamide every day will help fade 'em out, eh?
(and it is not impossible that "excessive" use of strong, or even mild, psychedelic materials could cause very subtle alteration of neurocellular physiology --- anything from changing the neurotransmitter chemical concentrations, to increasing neurite interconnections, to lowering the nerve firing threshold...)
YMMV...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineneophyteshroomer
enthusiast
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: gnrm23]
    #1809704 - 08/13/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

shit i believe if acid can give flashbacks, so can mushies....

--------------------
Make Sure You Bring A Towel!!!
..... You wanna get high?

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: neophyteshroomer]
    #1809752 - 08/13/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

LSA (hbwr) tends to give flashbacks just like acid if a bad trip occurs... But you are only as good as your last trip the wise man said... Your entitled to your state of mind. Its all controlled. You get flashbacks because you were told this. The gov invented flashbacks to mess with the mind of a drug user. The door told me this...

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1810272 - 08/13/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Every few days I might see a bright light or movement and when I look at it its gone. I guess this is a flashback but the mental state of tripping or much more besides that never happens...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: DailyPot]
    #1810640 - 08/13/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ACCIDENTAL INGESTIONS DOWN UNDER
The earliest published report of an intoxication from a suspected psilocybian mushroom in Australia occurred sometime prior to 1934. In 1934, Dr. John Burton Cleland, M.D., wrote that "......Some kind of toadstools give rise to a kind of intoxication. A former colleague of mine told me how his parents ate once a dish of mushrooms, and, as the meal progressed, they gradually became more and more hilarious, the most simple remarks giving rise to peals of laughter. The intoxication passed off without any further unpleasant effects." Cleland further noted that the mushrooms ingested were most likely a dung inhabiting species; probably Panaeolus.

Between 1941 and 1945, numerous reports in the Australian journals regarding the poisoning by what mycologists believed were Panaeolus ovatus (the suspected "hysteria fungus") mushrooms. Since this species is not psychoactive, one must assume that the mushrooms in question were Copelandia cyanescens (Unsigned, 1941; Trotter, 1944).

After 1945, no cases involving the accidental ingestion of inebriating mushrooms were reported in the Australian medical journals or the press until 1957. In that year the Wassons had announced their discovery of the ceremonial use of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Mexico.

James H. Willis, in his 1957 book "Victorian Toadstools and Mushrooms" published this interesting anecdote regarding the numerous reports in the scientific literature which described poisonings attributed to the suspected ingestion of Panaeolus ovatus: "...Rumour has it that they will cause an intoxication under which the victim suffers a strange sensation of growing taller and over-topping the objects about him: Who knows but this may (very well) be the magic mushroom of `Alice In Wonderland' fame." Willis then goes on to say that, "P. ovatus has intoxicated people near Sydney." Remember that P. ovatus is not psychoactive and these mushroom poisonings were probably caused by the consumption of various Copelandia mushroom species; probably Copelandia cyanescens.

According to the physician Dr. A. E. Stocks (1963), between 1957 to 1963, 11 patients were admitted into the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane due to complications of poisoning from several different species of toxic and/or mind-altering fungi. Five of these cases were definitely caused by psilocybian mushrooms (Psilocybe cubensis); and two other patients, whose onset of disturbing symptoms began after ten minutes of consumption of the mushrooms, were also probably affected by psilocybian intoxication. Stocks failed to mention whether these mushroom intoxications were accidental or deliberate ingestions, and he inadvertently reported that R. Gordon Wasson's personal first experience with these mushrooms had produced undesirable effects. Although Wasson's first experience had been reported as being profound and ecstatic, it is possible that Stocks was actually referring to Swiss chemists Albert Hofmann's personal account regarding his somewhat unpleasant initial experience while under the influence of Psilocybe mexicana (Hofmann, 1980) or Dr. Sam Stein of The University of Chicago's frightening experience while under the influence of 5 dried gm of in vitro grown specimens of Psilocybe cubensis (Stein, 1958).

Although Dr. Stocks suggested that the hallucinogenic effects of these mushrooms were more potent than either lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) or mescaline (Peyote), it should be pointed out that many users of these drugs prefer the natural experience of the mushrooms since this has a shorter duration of 3 to 6 hours as opposed to the 8 to 12 hour experience of LSD, mescaline or MDA.

Stocks's paper on mushroom poisoning presents us with two case histories of psilocybian intoxication. The first referred to a female who: "...noted after 30 minutes of ingestion, a dark cloud passing across her eyes, then a green cloud. Her tongue felt thick and she complained of being paralyzed. There was no impairment of memory, and no hallucinations other than the colored vision; the symptoms resolved in 12 hours. This patient described her experience as distinctly unpleasant."

The second case Stocks described involved a male who sought medical treatment at another southeast Queensland hospital. "...After 5 minutes of ingestion, the patient reported that he felt a tingling in both of his temples, and a general feeling of strangeness. His T.V. set `changed color' and the images on the screen became brighter and steel-blue. Vision later became blurred, and objects seemed either too large or too small, and appeared alternately to advance and recede from him. Later, sharp images of dragons appeared in a brilliantly-colored oriental setting. He had to fight to stay awake, experienced by a dry mouth and a tongue `like leather' ,and regards the whole experience as definitely unpleasant."

On June 3, 1969, at 7 P.M., the Australian Broadcasting Commission, aired the following story of an intoxication which occurred near Forster along the Central Coast of New South Wales. "The New South Wales Department of Agriculture is investigating the case of a Sydney couple who had violent hallucinations after eating mushrooms which they had picked during a weekend sojourn. The couple, both professional artists, were kept under observation at the Forster Hospital, while the effects from the mushrooms wore off. For over three hours, they experienced symptoms similar to an LSD intoxication. The couple told attending physicians that they had each eaten about a dozen bush mushrooms, and within five minutes or more were experiencing hallucinations. The woman reported that she felt as if her skin was peeling off of her hands, and she believed that she was dying. They were both terrified from their inebriation.

Samples of the mushrooms were sent to the Department of Agriculture to be analyzed for identification" (Southcott l974). In this case, as well as many others involving use of suspected hallucinogenic fungi, very rarely is reference made as to whether or not the specimens of mushroom material, received by the toxicologists or mycologists is fresh, dried, or derived from a gastric lavage.

In 1971, a noted physician wrote that "Over the years, the Southport Hospital on the Gold Coast has had a steady flow of accidental poisonings with Psilocybe cubensis McCarthy, 1971). A good example occurred in 1969 when a whole family was affected after a picnic somewhere in the mountains." No mention is made as to the exact location where this incident took place. Symptoms from this intoxication included "...Euphoria, depression, inappropriate speech and answers, visual hallucinations, ataxia, vomiting, urinary incontinence, diarrhea, dry mouth, and dilated pupils, and a respectable family man was caused to run naked through the hospital, trying to molest the nurses who were attempting to treat his illness".

Another case of mushroom poisoning occurred in 1971 when a female drug user, aged 17, of Adelaide, who had a history of marijuana use, and on one previous occasion had used LSD, sought medical treatment after having a `bad trip' while under the influence of Copelandia cyanescens, which was obtained in the vicinity of Adelaide. She soon became frightened, seeking immediate medical attention, because she thought that she was a banana, and that somebody was attempting to skin her (Southcott, 1974).

Following is an excerpt from a news item appearing in a local Australian paper... "A small brown mushroom that grows widely in the Adelaide Hills in July and August is providing drug addicts and thrill seekers with a potent hallucinogenic drug. The mushrooms, brown all over, contains the drug Psilocybine, which is prohibited by the Narcotics and Psychotropic Drugs Act (of South Australia). The mushroom is being passed around in fresh and dried forms. Three young people who tried the mushroom drug last year were admitted into the Royal Adelaide Hospital and treated for poisoning (Hailstone, 1972)."

An expert [no mention is presented as to who the expert is], at the Waite Agricultural Research Institute warned that even small quantities of it [psilocybine containing mushrooms] could cause serious poisoning, however, Lloyd Davis, Pharmacological Inspector for the South Australia Health Department said that "Users and those interested knew what the mushrooms looked like, where they could be found, and how to use them." Davis also "Doubted whether amateurs experimenting with them would be poisoned because there was a well organized system of communication among users and would be users". Another interesting reported case of alleged mushroom poisoning concerns a young girl in Campbelltown, a suburb of Adelaide. Clinical records from the Adelaide Children's Hospital describe this 3 year old child as being a lively spirited red-head, with an on going allergic condition. Her mental distress symptoms discussed below, may have resulted from the fact that she indulged in pica (one who eats dirt, grass, leaves and twigs). However, Dr. Ronald V. Southcott of South Australia reported that: Beginning in 1972 that "for some months she had been known to have repeated episodes of hallucinations, and each attack was marked by her person being cold and clammy, with frequent bed urination including bedwetting. Her attacks would usually commence about six to eight hours after being allowed to play outdoors around her home, in the lawns and the garden." In fact, according to the mother, during the past 12 months her daughter had at least a dozen such attacks, which were very frightening and distressing to the child.

Symptoms reported by this little girl included: seeing colored lights on the ceiling, seeing cats that were not there, and feeling that she was bigger than she really was. An attack usually lasted no more than four hours. The first attack occurred when the child was not more than two years eight months old.

Specimens of the fungus were then obtained and photographed, both before and after drying. Dr. Ronald Southcott photographed the fungi in situ among the grass. In l974, "Dr. Roy Watling of the Royal Botanic Gardens of Edinburgh, Scotland, visited Adelaide and identified the fungal specimens as being species of Panaeolus foenisecii.

While the evidence in this case involving this particular species is only circumstantial, it appears to be the only justifiable explanation in attributing the girl's symptoms" .

While the symptoms and duration of affliction described in this particular incident are similar to those often attributed in the literature to psilocybin poisoning, it must be noted here that the onset of psilocybin intoxication normally occurs within 15-30 minutes after ingestion. This child's intoxications, however, always seemed to occur within 6 to 8 hours after she was allowed to play in her yard outdoors, or upon waking up after taking a nap. Besides the child's distressing habit of indulging in pica, Southcott had also noted that the child was experiencing some minor psychological difficulties with her mother. This may have contributed to the child's condition. However, based on the above observations, it is of the opinion of the author that the psychological symptoms exhibited by this child were not caused by the ingestion of Panaeolus foenisecii (for a more descriptive analysis of this incident and similar alleged poisonings by Panaeolus foenisecii, see Allen and Merlin, 1992).

TREATMENT FOR PSILOCYBIAN MUSHROOM POISONING
The major dangers associated with psilocybin poisonings are primarily psychological in nature. Anxiety or panic states ("bad trips"), depressive or paranoid reactions, mood changes, disorientation and an inability to distinguish between reality and fantasy may occur.

Recommended treatment for this type of poisoning should always be primarily supportive. Mycologist Dr. Joseph Ammirati of the University of Washington and his colleagues claim that "no specific treatment can be recommended for psilocybin poisoning in humans". Other doctors have "stress[ed] the importance of measures to reduce absorption of the toxins involved". This involves either, e.g., gastric lavage or emesis Lincoff & Mitchell, 1977; Rumack & Saltzman, 1978; Smith, 1978).

Emesis. 15-30 cc of ipecac syrup followed by large amounts of oral liquids (500 cc).

Supportive treatment: i.e. the "talk-down" technique is the preferred method for handling "bad trips". It involves non-moralizing, comforting, personal support from an experienced individual. This is further aided by limiting external stimulation such as intense light or loud sounds and letting the person lie down and perhaps listen to soft music.

Tranquilizers need only be used in extreme situations and are generally not considered to be necessary. Diazepam, 0.1 mg/kg in children, up to 10 mg in adults, may be used to control seizures.

According to Dr. Rick Strassman of the University of New Mexico, anti-psychotics have gone out of favor for the treatment of `bad trips'. Specifically, medicines with anti-cholinergic side effects, such as chlorpromazine, should not be given as these mushrooms can have marked anti-cholinergic effects of their own.

In 1988, Dr. Jansen noted that cases which present medically fall into several groups:

Those who have taken the drug with little knowledge of hallucinogens and in the absence of sensible persons who can take care of them. These are more likely to be adolescents. They may self-present but are more often brought for medical attention by their parents.

Those who fall as a result of impaired balance or muscle weakness and are knocked out or otherwise injured as a result.

Those who are having a `bad trip'. These may involve acute anxiety and panic, depression, paranoid reactions, disorientation and an inability to distinguish between reality and fantasy.

Cases of idiosyncratic physical reactions such as cyanosis.

Those with recurring phenomena after the mushroom effects should have passed, including prolonged psychosis.

When the history is clear and the signs are suggestive of psilocybian intoxication, it is best not to artificially empty the stomach either by emesis with ipecac or by lavage. Treatment shows that emptying the stomach had no effect on the duration or intensity of the experience once psychological manifestations had properly commenced. Dr. Jansen maintains that unless there is a reason to suspect that a more toxic fungus has been ingested, or if the patient is a young child, induced emesis is not necessary, not helpful and may make the situation much worse if the patient is already aggressive and agitated.

Other doctors have also speculated that a lavage is not merited if psilocybian mushrooms have been positively identified as the source of discomfort. It has also been suggested that "gastric intubation can be difficult in these young patients who are often already distressed and not infrequently aggressive. Furthermore the mushrooms may block the standard lavage tubes [used] for drug overdoses."

The inherent danger from the ingestion of wild mushrooms lies not so much in the consumption of an hallucinogenic variety, but rather in the picking and eating of a toxic species which might resemble an hallucinogenic variety.

Dr. Gast๓n Guzmแn (and his colleagues wrote that "field and laboratory studies strongly indicate that psychoactive mushroom use as it normally occurs does not constitute a drug abuse problem or a public health hazard" (Guzmแn et al., 1976). In addition, a recent survey conducted among college students in California, suggests that "the low frequency and few negative effects of [hallucinogenic mushroom] use indicate that abuse does not present a social problem, nor is there evidence for predicting the development of a problem" Thompson et al., 1985).

FLASHBACKS
In 1973, Dr. Hall was the Principal Research Officer of the Narcotics Section of the Commonwealth Police Force in Canberra. Dr. Hall had also reported that several drug users had been experiencing recurring `flashbacks' from mushrooms that were similar to `flashbacks' which were associated with LSD consumption.

According to Dr. Karl L. R. Jansen, there is not any firm evidence that mushroom `flashbacks' can occur. Researchers in 1983, have reported that out of 318 specific cases of Psilocybe intoxications occurring in England between l978-l981, 21 patients experienced `flashback phenomena of some form' for up to four months after ingestion", and also mentioned that some of these were the result of drug synergy and polydrug abuse.

"...However, with such a controversial phenomena as `flashbacks', it is necessary to specify precisely what form these do take, so that they may be distinguished from psychological stress reactions wrongly attributed to past drug use." Dr. Hall also pointed out that "if solutions of mushroom extracts were injected intravenously, the results could be very serious." There are no known cases of such injections, and it seems extremely unlikely that anyone would attempt this.

From Magic Mushrooms of australia and New Zealand published by John W. Allen and Erowid.\

at http://www.erowid.org

OfflineDEATH666
Adonal
 User Gallery

Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1814365 - 08/14/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I ve had flash backs and i havent never tried acid or any other drug like that. When i close my eyes i can see prety much any thing i want, and when i stair at the roof the little lumps in it move like water beeds being blowed across realy slow.And sometimes when im mowing the grass and stop i feel like im rolling backwords.Ive done a shit load of shrooms in the past two years.

--------------------
Ah Shit

OfflineDEATH666
Adonal
 User Gallery

Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: DEATH666]
    #1814368 - 08/14/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

When i smoke weed i trip too! but not bad

--------------------
Ah Shit

OfflineDEATH666
Adonal
 User Gallery

#1814370 - 08/14/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I get high tho.

--------------------
Ah Shit

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1819058 - 08/16/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

flashbacks are just controlled perceptual changes where you remember certain experiences or effects while not on the drug - this different to PHPD where a small percentage of users claim that they suffer long-lasting visual effects similar to those from the original plateau of the substance experience.

--------------------

OfflineInfinite Mind
Stranger
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: permaFRY]
    #9948980 - 03/10/09 10:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

permaFRY said:
i've had several flashbacks of a shroom trip i had when i got into "the plastic doll" phase of the trip. It was like everything became meaningless and everyone was lifeless, wooden, fake, robotic and it drives me crazy. Well Last night i had a sort of flashback but it wasn't like that, I was trying to sleep and i got more and more introspective and i GOT VISUALS , TRIPPY VISUALS and they were kool first i was like "oh no not again" but then i got into it ...i think i could have REACHED THE CLEAR LIGHT if i wanted to. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY VISUALS COME BACK WHILE NOT ON ANYTHING.? how about while trying to go to sleep? do you seen anything? COMMENTS !! 

This is obviously from the dea

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: Infinite Mind]
    #9948984 - 03/10/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

y r u bumping a 5 year old thread :puppet:

--------------------

OfflinePanamaFred
no sense of perspective

Loc: Flavor Country
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: Coaster]
    #9949003 - 03/10/09 10:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

coaster don't you see
the shroomery has been infiltrated
they've breached the ODD

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: PanamaFred]
    #9949032 - 03/10/09 11:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

lol wut?????????
i dunno wut ur talkin a boot
:fearandloathing:

--------------------

OfflinePanamaFred
no sense of perspective

Loc: Flavor Country
    #9949074 - 03/10/09 11:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Infinite Mind said:
This is obviously from the dea

--------------------

OfflineInfinite Mind
Stranger
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: PanamaFred]
    #9990074 - 03/17/09 04:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Read it slowly. its trying to give tripping a bad name. lo

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9990241 - 03/17/09 05:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

ive heard of Flashback. one day I will probably meet her

--------------------

OfflineStoi
BuddingTripper
Male

Loc: NZAucklandiiVille
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9990265 - 03/17/09 05:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

"i'm just peachy chilling here trying to kill time in my class at some lame ass college in texas...can't wait to go back to AZ oh well in the meantime i can jam on my guitar and whack tha toolage. peace" - the signature of a DEA bot thats posted 24 times since 2003. :facepalm:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: BREAK FREE :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

"Someone described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time. That's a perfect description of the war on drugs."

Offlineguyute65045
Stranger
Re: FLASHBACKS !!! [Re: Stoi]
    #9991613 - 03/17/09 08:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I used to get them alot after partying hard and not sleeping much.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck