Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblenewyorkcheesecake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Mesembrine Extraction From Aptenia Cordifolia
    #17850747 - 02/23/13 01:05 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

So I found this post on shaman-australis.com about how to extract mesembrine from sceletium tortuosum, http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4176. My plan is to follow these steps but to do it with aptenia cordifolia. Which is a really common, succulent, ground cover that is practically a weed. The only tek I could find is here: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2697. I known it doesn't have as much mesembrine as Sceletium tortuosum, but I have so much of the A. Cordifolia I figured why not try!

Step 1: remove all leaves from the stem. Get roots if possible
Step 2: MAsh it up a bit and put it in a bag or tuberware of somesort
Step 3: Ferment it in the sun for 2 to 7 days, I haven't decided yet.
Step 4: Dry it out
Step 5: .....

I don't exactly have a plan after that hahaha. I have a few things I am reading about online. Erowid has a link to mesembrine extract with vodka, http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=19972, I like that idea. Plus there are some other things about heat being used.

I just wanted to put my thoughts in words and see what people think about this idea, if they have experience in mesembrine extraction, or anything else.
Thanks!

--------------------
“The fact that we lack the language skills to communicate with nature does not impune the concept that nature is intelligent. It speaks to our inadequacy of our skill set for communication.” - Paul Stamets

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
Re: Mesembrine Extraction From Aptenia Cordifolia [Re: newyorkcheesecake]
    #17850782 - 02/23/13 01:15 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Aptinea Cordifolia is completely useless and is not active, the only thing its good for is salad and even then it tastes like crap.
If you can be bothered to keep searching you will find a few documents on Aptinea Cordifolia and they all come to the conclusion its not active.
I have used both just because Aptinea is so abundant but unfortunately it has no use for us.

Why not just get Kanna it grows in the same manner like a weed!

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Mesembrine Extraction From Aptenia Cordifolia [Re: Juke Adro]
    #17854505 - 02/23/13 08:07 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Juke Adro said:
Why not just get Kanna it grows in the same manner like a weed!

I wish this were so. I started seed years back and had them for more than a year. little by little they just kept dying. '

before that I had traded for a cutting. rooted it out but it just never came to be and eventually died.

I know of other people that have had the same experience sceletium.

then there are the few than can just propagate the hell out of this plant.

kudos to them.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Re: Mesembrine Extraction From Aptenia Cordifolia [Re: ferrel_human]
    #17855681 - 02/23/13 11:29 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Mine is a damn weed! I got the original plant 5 years ago and ever since then i find it every where i walk in my gardens and in about 20% of the pots, I pretty much rip off a bit and it grows.

I think people kill it cause they don't know how to grow it and think they need to water it during the summer but it actually goes dorment in the warmer weather and grows in the cooler weather. It grows a huge tap and if you water too much in warm water you rot the tap and it will look normal but it will die the following few months.
and they love huge deep pots with premium putting soil and will overtake a pot and grow down the sides in one season!

--------------------
Trade List

Invisiblearchleone
Stranger
    #17857616 - 02/24/13 12:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Juke Adro said:
Aptinea Cordifolia is completely useless and is not active, the only thing its good for is salad and even then it tastes like crap.

If you read some of whats online, there are claims that it contains 12% mesembrine of kanna, but I can't say if this is accurate at all. Anyways, my point is that it might be useful if used properly and was harvested at the right time. That effects a lot of how potent it might be.

Quote:

newyorkcheesecake  said:
but I have so much of the A. Cordifolia I figured why not try!

Let me know what happens, if I had some I'd try it.

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Re: Mesembrine Extraction From Aptenia Cordifolia [Re: archleone]
    #17858318 - 02/24/13 03:08 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well that's not true! Just one guy read a bit of bullshit on the internet then posted a tek with no results doesn't mean stuff all! If it were true ever man and his dog would already exploited it just like skelly has been and seen as aptinea grows in abundance it would produced by everyone.

like i said its useless other than its use in a salad or as a ground cover and look pretty.

--------------------
Trade List

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
    #17858742 - 02/24/13 04:46 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Juke Adro said:
Mine is a damn weed! I got the original plant 5 years ago and ever since then i find it every where i walk in my gardens and in about 20% of the pots, I pretty much rip off a bit and it grows.

I think people kill it cause they don't know how to grow it and think they need to water it during the summer but it actually goes dorment in the warmer weather and grows in the cooler weather. It grows a huge tap and if you water too much in warm water you rot the tap and it will look normal but it will die the following few months.
and they love huge deep pots with premium putting soil and will overtake a pot and grow down the sides in one season!

that's probably what I did with it. I should have just let it be.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisiblenewyorkcheesecake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mesembrine Extraction From Aptenia Cordifolia [Re: ferrel_human]
    #17861480 - 02/25/13 02:03 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Everything I read about Aptenia cordifolia said that it had low levels of mesembrine, including Trout's Notes: http://trout.yage.net/sc/SoS_2004_Trout.pdf and here: http://www.tacethno.com/info/sceletium/sceletium-notes.txt. It's interesting that you say it doesn't. I think if I get some extra time I still might try, just to see what happens. But after reading what you said, it is definitely on the back burner. I am not nearly as excited about it as I was.

Also, thank you about the summer watering tip! That will probably save my plant!

--------------------
“The fact that we lack the language skills to communicate with nature does not impune the concept that nature is intelligent. It speaks to our inadequacy of our skill set for communication.” - Paul Stamets

Invisiblearchleone
Stranger
    #17868336 - 02/26/13 10:41 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Juke Adro said:
Well that's not true! Just one guy read a bit of bullshit on the internet then posted a tek with no results doesn't mean stuff all! If it were true ever man and his dog would already exploited it just like skelly has been and seen as aptinea grows in abundance it would produced by everyone.

like i said its useless other than its use in a salad or as a ground cover and look pretty.

I've read reports of people trying to use t. pachanoi and getting no results. So is that supposed to mean that it was a placebo effect when I used it? I'm not completely disagreeing with you, you might be right and this stuff has nothing active in it. But then again maybe it needs to be harvested when its flowering so that it has the highest amount of active ingredients(like mj) or maybe it needs to be introduced to some unknown variable like heat or an maoi that will make it orally active. My point is that don't knock it until you've tried out all the variables.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds