Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelucrativemind
Male
Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips
    #16806547 - 09/07/12 05:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone on this website has ever grown primarily on tree bark or some sort of wood log. I understand that wood chips work well with grains.

I will be attempting to grow magic mushrooms on rotting wood and/or bark.

These are the strains that I plan on working with, someone inform me more these strains or care to share your favorite and most powerful strain for an out of this universe trip.

STRAINS OF INTEREST ARE AS FOLLOWS:
B+
Cambodian
Ecuador
PES Hawaiian
Mexican
Panama
Brazilian
African Transkei
Tazmanian
Australian

Here is the link for those interested in getting a good look at what I am talking about here. The spores I plan on getting

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: lucrativemind]
    #16806562 - 09/07/12 05:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Those are all cubensis which aren't a wood loving species.

I don't understand what you're trying to do here but you're doing it wrong.

Offlinecloudpersona
I don't even...

Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16806571 - 09/07/12 05:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
Those are all cubensis which aren't a wood loving species.

I don't understand what you're trying to do here but you're doing it wrong.

QFT

--------------------
“The shaman is not merely a sick man, or a madman; he is a sick man who has healed himself.”
– Terence McKenna
“If the words ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’ don’t include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on.”
-Terence McKenna

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell Flag
Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: lucrativemind]
    #16806578 - 09/07/12 05:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Cubes are cubes, just pick some you think look cool and go for it.  They all have the same growth parameters, and the yields tend to average out across all flushes.  Potency is generally the same as well.  Penis Envy is the exception since it's a mutant cube.

Shrooms can be grown on pasteurized wood, but coir, straw or poo are better suited for the job.

Offline666zza
Stranger

Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: TheDeathryder]
    #16806612 - 09/07/12 05:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Okay so i want to get about 2 oz of shrooms every batch or two weeks or how ever may long it may take to grow. so im still confused about how i do this if there are short cuts and if i can skip out on buying a pressure cooker. im going to throw some links at you guys and i dont even know what really all comes in them but i need some suggestions, please tell me if this will work and if not how i need to go about it step by step i would appreciate very much so if i get this http://sporeworks.com/Psilocybe-cubensis-B-Strain-Spore-Print-Microscopy-Kit.html which im thinking is the needle and the spores for mushrooms that i researched will make you tripp looks kinda like the hydro mushrooms i ate so i picked those also apparently there for beginners
1. (http://sporeworks.com/Psilocybe-cubensis-B-Strain-Spore-Print-Microscopy-Kit.html )
2.http://everythingmushrooms.com/  Sterilized Rye Mushroom Grow and Spawn Bag w/ injection site - 2lb
maybe a couple PF Tek Mushroom Cake Substrate Jars - half pint wide mouth , sterilized then i just inject the spores into those two things and wait water humid area? is it that easy or do i need to pressure cook those things and what temptuers am i looking at how often should i water  i dint do much research and im asking you  guys for allot im very into hallucination iv consumed dmt about 30 40 times in my life shrooms 7 acid about 10 so i just want these for me and my friends and please give me tips advice steps also im interested in this
Tropicaire Humidifier and Air Exchanger with Air Pump

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: 666zza]
    #16806625 - 09/07/12 05:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

666zza said:
Okay so i want to get about 2 oz of shrooms every batch or two weeks or how ever may long it may take to grow. so im still confused about how i do this if there are short cuts and if i can skip out on buying a pressure cooker. im going to throw some links at you guys and i dont even know what really all comes in them but i need some suggestions, please tell me if this will work and if not how i need to go about it step by step i would appreciate very much so if i get this http://sporeworks.com/Psilocybe-cubensis-B-Strain-Spore-Print-Microscopy-Kit.html which im thinking is the needle and the spores for mushrooms that i researched will make you tripp looks kinda like the hydro mushrooms i ate so i picked those also apparently there for beginners
1. (http://sporeworks.com/Psilocybe-cubensis-B-Strain-Spore-Print-Microscopy-Kit.html )
2.http://everythingmushrooms.com/  Sterilized Rye Mushroom Grow and Spawn Bag w/ injection site - 2lb
maybe a couple PF Tek Mushroom Cake Substrate Jars - half pint wide mouth , sterilized then i just inject the spores into those two things and wait water humid area? is it that easy or do i need to pressure cook those things and what temptuers am i looking at how often should i water  i dint do much research and im asking you  guys for allot im very into hallucination iv consumed dmt about 30 40 times in my life shrooms 7 acid about 10 so i just want these for me and my friends and please give me tips advice steps also im interested in this
Tropicaire Humidifier and Air Exchanger with Air Pump

Check the responses in the thread you just posted :smile:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: 666zza]
    #16806628 - 09/07/12 05:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You don't want to buy a pressure cooker but you want to overspend on your substrates since you don't want to buy a pressure cooker.

I'm done with this thread, it's full of nothing but herp and derp.

:lockdance:

Offlinelucrativemind
Male
Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16806760 - 09/07/12 06:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I do not mean to seem annoying DR but I am only trying to get as much information as I can before I make my next attempt.

As I have seen in the wild I have seen cubes that were trippy for me grown on wood. I plan on growing African Transkei, Brazilian and PES Hawaiian.

Let me know what any of you think, or care to share your experiences.

Reference: Shrooms I plan to use

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

#16806791 - 09/07/12 06:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lucrativemind said:
I do not mean to seem annoying DR but I am only trying to get as much information as I can before I make my next attempt.

As I have seen in the wild I have seen cubes that were trippy for me grown on wood. I plan on growing African Transkei, Brazilian and PES Hawaiian.

Reference: Shrooms I plan to use

It's all good :thumbup: Skepticism is a great thing to have :smile: I'm just making sure that answers are posted if someone ever comes across this thread using the search function in the future :smile:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #16809572 - 09/08/12 04:57 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lucrativemind said:

You didn't find cubes in the wild growing on wood chips.  They're a dung and straw lover.  I suggest starting a brf tek grow for your first attempt.  If you wish, you can break up the cakes and spawn to horse manure or straw, but not wood.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinelucrativemind
Male

Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #16828962 - 09/11/12 01:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I actually did, made a tea out of one and enjoyed a trip watching the movie Red Tails.

Offlinelucrativemind
Male

Re: Question: Who has grown mushroom on tree bark and/or wood chips [Re: TheDeathryder]
    #16829002 - 09/11/12 01:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have a bed made out broken sticks, leaves, some acorns/oak nuts and on the bottom their is healthy soil. This bed is pretty much everywhere on my property all I have to do is take what I have and put them in a container.

I was also thinking of just dropping some spores in a location where I would find them growing on some decomposing organic material. Since the organic material has carbon I figured it would do a good job.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale