Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelokariototal
Stranger
Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience?
    #16584607 - 07/25/12 07:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What would be a good dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience through Psilocybin? 1 g?

Level 1
This level produces a mild 'stoning' effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colours). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound 'wider'. Can be achieved with common doses of cannabis and MDMA and with light doses of psilocybin mushrooms.

[edit]Level 2
Bright colours and visuals (i.e. things start to move and breathe). Some 2-dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change in short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in abstract thought becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed. Can be achieved with strong doses of cannabis, light doses of LSD, light to common doses of psilocybin mushrooms, light to common doses of peyote, and common doses of MDA.

[edit]Level 3
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and warped, patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls and faces. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grain or 'mother of pearl' surfaces. Closed-eye hallucinations become 3-dimensional. There is some confusing of the senses (synesthesia). Time distortions and 'moments of eternity'. Movement at times becomes extremely difficult (too much effort required). Can be achieved with common doses of LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, peyote, and ayahuasca.

[edit]Level 4
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. Things start talking to you or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously. Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out-of-body experiences and ESP type phenomena. Blending of the senses. Can be achieved with strong doses of LSD, strong doses of psilocybin mushrooms, heavy doses of peyote, and common to strong doses of ayahuasca.

Level 5
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measurable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist. Can be achieved with heavy doses of LSD (1,000+ µg), heavy doses of psilocybin mushrooms (10+ dried grams), strong to heavy doses of ayahuasca, and common doses of DMT.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGodSpores
intestines dressed in mescaline
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: lokariototal]
    #16584649 - 07/25/12 07:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My guess would be about 3 grams dried.

Good vibes to you!

--------------------
:youdidit::fasted:

Droogz ive consumed: DMT, LSD, Mescaline, Shrooms, 2CE, LSA, Salvia, Thc, Cocaine, Heroine, speed, Roxy, Zannax, adderall, who tha shit am i kidding ive done almost every pill!, MDMA, MDA, DXM, DPH, N02, Nicotine, Prometh + Codeine. I prob done more im too wavy to think of what else ive done, So All i have left to say is all hail allah, jesus, and buddah, they love you!

Invisiblemandrax360
Woodchipper Deluxe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nelson Mandela House, Peckham Flag
    #16584651 - 07/25/12 07:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

5-6g should do the trick with cubes but our bodies all react differently to any type of drug . If this is your fist trip then start at the 3g mark . You dont want to scare yourself shitless  first time round .

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
    #16584653 - 07/25/12 07:20 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A level 3 trip could require anywhere from 1.5-5+g with cubensis mushrooms.

I'd probably take 3-4g if I was shooting for a level 3 trip. I've had a level 3 trip from 1.75g, but I've also had a level 1 from 4g. :shrug:

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

OfflineGodSpores
intestines dressed in mescaline
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: mandrax360]
    #16584661 - 07/25/12 07:22 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mandrax360 said:
5-6g should do the trick with cubes but our bodies all react differently to any type of drug . If this is your fist trip then start at the 3g mark . You dont want to scare yourself shitless  first time round .

Please don't take 3 grams your first time.

Start slow and work your way up since everyone reacts to drugs differently.

--------------------
:youdidit::fasted:

Droogz ive consumed: DMT, LSD, Mescaline, Shrooms, 2CE, LSA, Salvia, Thc, Cocaine, Heroine, speed, Roxy, Zannax, adderall, who tha shit am i kidding ive done almost every pill!, MDMA, MDA, DXM, DPH, N02, Nicotine, Prometh + Codeine. I prob done more im too wavy to think of what else ive done, So All i have left to say is all hail allah, jesus, and buddah, they love you!

OfflineigCorcaigh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: GodSpores]
    #16584691 - 07/25/12 07:30 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I find those trip level descriptions a bit misleading, they don't quite do justice to the feeling, just my opinion.

And it is very difficult to correlate dosage with trip level anyway, so start with small doses. You might find yourself at Level 3 with a dose much lower than 3g.

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: igCorcaigh]
    #16584703 - 07/25/12 07:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

igCorcaigh said:
I find those trip level descriptions a bit misleading, they don't quite do justice to the feeling, just my opinion.

It's better than saying, "How much would I need to trip hard?" At least with this you get a general sense of what the person wants to experience.

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

OfflineigCorcaigh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: Bawks]
    #16584718 - 07/25/12 07:44 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, that's true Bawks, and of course the categories are crude and overlapping by necessity.

But sometimes I think it's easy for a novice to go 'OK, Some mild hallucinations... I'll go for Level 3' without realising the mental impact.

But I do appreciate the difficulty in attempting to objectively describe the subjective.

Offline90sBeachUFO
Spooky Lad
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Spirit Plane Flag
Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: igCorcaigh]
    #16584737 - 07/25/12 07:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You should get three grams eat half and wait like an hour or two then eat the other half. Everyone reacts differently.

--------------------

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: 90sBeachUFO]
    #16584900 - 07/25/12 08:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Lol at the person telling someone to take 5-6 grams for a level 3 for your first experience.  That is insane advice!  Fact is, there isn't really a true formula.  Body weight, tolerance, experience, etc all account for the amount and level that could come from a trip.

The funny thing about shrooms is it will intensify the more you try to fight it.  For an experienced user; they require more because they won't be in fear and fight the experience.  I've also seen noobs require more because something about their body chemistry metabolizes it much faster.

The last thing you need is to offer someone advice to a noob to take a heroic dose and completely lose their mind.  My suggestion is always start with 2 grams on your first trip.  If that doesn't get you there; wait a week and do the same dose again.  If that doesnt work; then up it to 3.5 grams.  If that doesn't work; then up a little more the next week.

--------------------
I've kissed mermaids, rode the El Niño.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #16585229 - 07/25/12 10:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah you'd have to be a hardhead or have a heavy tolerance to need 5 grams for a level 3. i'd say go for 1/8 or 4grams. my first time i took shroom chocs and it was very disspointing (not sure how much was in them). i was barely tripping. next time i took 3.8 thinking it was the same dose. that put me right around where i wanted to be. it was pretty intense for a first REAL shroom trip though. not what i was expecting at all. fortunately i love these things enough to be able to enjoy it. others might want to climb up slower.

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Psilocybin: Dose for a Level 3 psychedelic experience? [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16585312 - 07/25/12 10:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

id say start with two grams, if thats not enough, wait a week, and take 3 grams for a second trip

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

:awecid2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag