Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefungi_funguy
FisherOfMen
 User Gallery

Loc: Not where I wanna' be !
Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ?
    #16565225 - 07/21/12 08:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hey all, hope everyone is well. I just wanna' throw this out there and see what you guys think. First and foremost, since beginning this hobby I have only grew more thirsty for knowledge and experience. With that said, I want to try many different grow teks so that I can find the one that I have the most fun with and that I get the most enjoyment out of. I have a definitive understanding of the brf/pf tek and I have been soaking up as much as I can read about coir, wbs, g2g, and the likes of bulk grows. I am currently approaching the birthing stage of a brf/pf tek grow and was curious as to whether you guys think it would be a good educational experiment for me to use a few of the jars to spawn to bulk, in a sort of mini mono tub if you will. I also have more MS syringes so just starting new jars is an option as well. What types of spawn do you guys recommend (wbs, berries, etc..)? I am also curious about tub types and construction, recommended user teks and such.

The bottom line is this: I have the ability and the brains and i'm ready to start another project, even though my first one is still nearing completion. What do you noobs with a few under your belt, and you full fledged mycologists out there think ? What would be a next logical step for me to begin a bulk grow ?

--------------------
Absolutely nothing that I post and/or upload is a true representation of me and my actions. It is all fake/fiction/untrue/bullshit. It's just me having fun as a way of entertaining myself !! :rockon:

I offer much respect, but never expect it in return.
However when it IS given in return, I may have met a friend.

Do not let the sun go down on thy ride.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15223324

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedodgem
Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: fungi_funguy]
    #16565277 - 07/21/12 08:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I went 2 rounds of brf cakes, 2 rounds of brf cakes spawned to coir in 10x10 foil pans, and am now on my first monotub with WBS and coir. 

I think my brf to bulk was pretty educational for me and would recommend giving it a try before you go to WBS/berries. 

My WBS grow is going very well and has been pretty simple as long as you follow the teks out there.  Only thing is with a bulk grow is that you are going to need to buy a bunch more new equipment like bigger jars, new spawn material, tubs, etc. (just something to think about).

--------------------
Walk where you like your steps

Offlinefungi_funguy
FisherOfMen
 User Gallery

Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: dodgem]
    #16565325 - 07/21/12 08:22 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dodgem said:
I went 2 rounds of brf cakes, 2 rounds of brf cakes spawned to coir in 10x10 foil pans, and am now on my first monotub with WBS and coir. 

I think my brf to bulk was pretty educational for me and would recommend giving it a try before you go to WBS/berries. 

My WBS grow is going very well and has been pretty simple as long as you follow the teks out there.  Only thing is with a bulk grow is that you are going to need to buy a bunch more new equipment like bigger jars, new spawn material, tubs, etc. (just something to think about).

Dodgem, what tek did u use when u spawned brf jars to bulk ?

--------------------
Absolutely nothing that I post and/or upload is a true representation of me and my actions. It is all fake/fiction/untrue/bullshit. It's just me having fun as a way of entertaining myself !! :rockon:

Offlinecaesar
Seeking causal knowledge

Loc: Texas
    #16565330 - 07/21/12 08:23 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

As a complete noob, I spawned an unproductive brf cake to straight (unpasteurized) HPOO compost--I mean the cake wasn't doing anything anyway. Well, the myc went nuts, colonized the small pan and proceeded to give me my first real flushes ever. I cloned one of the largest fruits, and I have made several agar transfers to isolate a substrain. It is now my "hardy" B+ master culture, and one of which I am most proud. While I would not recommend spawning to unpasteurized bulk, I want to encourage you in your experiments. Sometimes, they really pay off in unexpected ways!

Pax et bonum

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: caesar]
    #16565335 - 07/21/12 08:24 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

If you have a PC, make the step to grains. :thumbup:

Also agar. It's far cheaper and easier than it seems, and agar technique is suitable for newbs.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinedodgem
Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: caesar]
    #16565351 - 07/21/12 08:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This is the one that I first used to get an idea on it.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14896598

And here is my write up from my first attempt.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15913814/page/2

--------------------
Walk where you like your steps

Offlinecaesar
Seeking causal knowledge

Loc: Texas
Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16565356 - 07/21/12 08:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
If you have a PC, make the step to grains. :thumbup:

Also agar. It's far cheaper and easier than it seems, and agar technique is suitable for newbs.

I will corroborate this! Doc_T inspired me to try agar, and it was THE best step I've taken in this hobby. It opens up so many more possibilities. It is pretty easy, cheap, and actually really fun!

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Space
    #16565361 - 07/21/12 08:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I did grains side by side with my first PF grows.  Don't be scared, it's not hard.  Rye is more expensive in a lot of areas so I prefer wild bird seed.  Most seed will work but try to find a seed with no corn/cracked corn because it will be less of a pain in the ass.  Try looking at PetSmart, they have a brand with no corn and a lot of red millet, white, and milo.  For a fruiting chamber you can use a Doc T's hybrid monotub or a straight monotub (which requires more practice).

--------------------
The mushrooms, which grow only during the season of torrential rains, awaken the forces of creation and produce an experience of spiritual abundance, of an astonishing, inexhaustible constitution of forms that identifies them with fertility and makes them a mediation, a means of communion, of communication between man and the natural world of which they are the metaphysical flesh.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: i GrOw StUFF]
    #16565384 - 07/21/12 08:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Rye does cost more, though not always.
But it's much easier to get right the first time.
Do three or four batches of rye before you try WBS, it'll save money in the long run.

RR's rye prep video is great.  Do it like that. :thumbup:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinefungi_funguy
FisherOfMen
 User Gallery

Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16565599 - 07/21/12 09:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Great advice so far and thanks a million ! I have 11 healthy 1/2 pint jars that are almost done colonizing. What would be a good tek to spawn a few of them to rye or grain jars or even straight to bulk ?

--------------------

OfflineThe Ace Of Cakes
Day Tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: North East
Re: Transitioning from brf/pf tek to bulk ? [Re: fungi_funguy]
    #16565787 - 07/21/12 09:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am also considering moving into bulk. or at least something other than PF TEK BRF.

I have done two different SGFC in the past 45 days and I have 12 new BRF jars a week into colonization.

I was considering using the BRF jars and spawning to coir using pans as my next step. The PF TEK was fun and easy but I want to try something else. will using this method teach me anything new? is it really that much different than cakes and will it produce bigger fruits or flushes?

There are so many different methods to try it's hard to just pick one and concentrate on it. I have a good basic understanding of what I want to do next, but I just need to decide which one, then focus my attention on that method.

--------------------

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream,
It is not dying, it is not dying

Lay down all thought, surrender to the void,
It is shining, It is shining

Yet you may see the meaning of within
It is being, it is being

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds