Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

Loc: Land of Shrooms
Shrooms in alcohol
    #16335204 - 06/05/12 09:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sup guys, So I have a few shows coming up and I want a safe and discrete way to bring my shroomies along.

What I need some clarification on is making this tincture... I want to store my shrooms in an alcohol that is only about 30 to 40 proof so the shots are tolerable to most people..

I want to be able to walk around and chill with people and be able to share some shroomies without handing out the actual product and carrying it around with me... 

Could I use any kind of alcohol around this proof? Just find something that tastes good?

Also how would dosage be measured... Im sure I could do that math myself I guess but someone here but be a little quicker.

Now that I think about it doesnt seem that difficult... I want to put 28grams in one 750ml bottle of 30-40 proof alcohol.. They will probably be stored in their for about 3-4 weeks... What would be the proper measurement for dosage out of bottle.  If you wanted each shot to be a 3g trip? (approximately)

--------------------

:bump2:RR's Manure Pasteurization by: Shea25=:bump2:
Prep your WBS the TL way!
Spawn faster with Agar's Grain LC Tek!
Making Lids?  Back to TL!

:dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear:

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms in alcohol [Re: JusTsHroomiNn]
    #16335238 - 06/05/12 09:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Actually you can, but it must be at least 100 proof.

What you need to do is follow the Crystal of the Gods Tek and use 190 proof ethanol or methanol.  Then you dry out the crystals.  Once the crystals are dry; you disolve them into a lighter alcohol.  The reason you need at least 100 proof is so that the alcohol doesn't freeze when you store it. 

I had a couple friend do this and used the grey goose to mix in cranberry.  You won't need much, but you must place the 100 proof, shroom mix into the juice.

--------------------
I've kissed mermaids, rode the El Niño.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

Re: Shrooms in alcohol [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #16335345 - 06/05/12 10:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm... Wouldnt a lower proof alcohol do the same job just let it sit in the fridge for days?  The alcohol is going to do its job whether the proof is high or low... people make shroom beer?  thats around 3-4% alcohol...

I tested this with the only low proof alcohol I have on me atm... I put 2.5gs into a shot glass of triple sec.  Its now two days later and the shot glass is a DEEP blue, almost looks dangerous O.o

--------------------

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

#16335379 - 06/05/12 10:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Absolutely you can.  Hell you only need hot water to get a lot of the psilocybin extracted from dried shrooms.  But the extraction gives you a much purer product.  Also, you can dose accordingly.  Every mushroom may have different potency and turning them into crystals will give you exact doses per "hit".  You measure out 10mg per "shot" and each batch will provide the same results.  If you don't want to be technical about it; you can use lemon juice extract and soak for 2-3 days.  Then add that to 8-12 oz. of water and have a non-alcoholic dose.

--------------------

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

#16335472 - 06/05/12 11:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well I understand the potency varies but on average and 8th is an 8th an you trip about the same...

So 28gs put into a 750ml bottle of booze and let soak for days and days should give a consistent dose if you mix it well and measure out shots accordingly right?

--------------------

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

#16335528 - 06/05/12 11:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JusTsHroomiNn said:
Well I understand the potency varies but on average and 8th is an 8th an you trip about the same...

So 28gs put into a 750ml bottle of booze and let soak for days and days should give a consistent dose if you mix it well and measure out shots accordingly right?

Yeah that's what they say.  But I would rather use less shrooms and less alcohol.  My friends use around 10.5 grams into 12 oz. of alcohol.  They purchase 3 empty 50mL alcohol bottles.  They go through the extraction process and evaporate the alcohol down to 4.5 oz; then they fill each of the bottles with the extracted alcohol/shroom mix.  Each 50mL bottle is a 3.5 gram dose (roughly).  The come on is quick and the peak is strong.  No body load either.

--------------------

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

#16335696 - 06/05/12 11:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That link doesnt actually have tek there? its just assays

--------------------

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
    #16335731 - 06/05/12 11:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
    #16335760 - 06/05/12 11:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JusTsHroomiNn said:

Go to the very bottom of the page and you will see the extraction process.
I have used it several times before and it is extremely efficient at extracting the magic. I generally just allow it to evaporate until I have 3 gr per measured shot. When I want to use I just reheat the extract, this is important as the crystals will precipitate out of solution and cling to the bottom and sides. By reheating you put everything back in solution. I then mix with lime juice and slam. As magnifier said the onset is extremely quick and it hits you hard. For me duration seems a bit shorter too, probably due to the rapid absorption.

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms in alcohol [Re: Owsley]
    #16335822 - 06/05/12 12:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Owsley said:
Quote:

JusTsHroomiNn said:

Go to the very bottom of the page and you will see the extraction process.
I have used it several times before and it is extremely efficient at extracting the magic. I generally just allow it to evaporate until I have 3 gr per measured shot. When I want to use I just reheat the extract, this is important as the crystals will precipitate out of solution and cling to the bottom and sides. By reheating you put everything back in solution. I then mix with lime juice and slam. As magnifier said the onset is extremely quick and it hits you hard. For me duration seems a bit shorter too, probably due to the rapid absorption.

Yeah the duration is much shorter but more intense IMO.  I actually like that better because you can dose and get some sleep.  Also it works out well when you want to start the peak roughly around "sunset"; which I believe is the best time to trip on your peak.

Do you wait a day before ingesting?  Many that use this Tek say it's better to let it sit for a day or two before tripping.  I've actually tripped a couple hours after I boil it down.  Worked for me; but maybe it is stronger if you let it sit for longer.

--------------------

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

#16335866 - 06/05/12 12:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well I want it for is for quick and simple dosing at shows.
Me and he girl are big  DMB and Phish phans and at the end of this month we have 8 days of dmb and phish combined over a period of only 3 weekends O.o!!!  Having doses that hit as you describe seem great for shows.

And I wanna be able to walk around and easily share while being pretty discrete and booze is how I kinda wanted to run with it...

If I wanna make 3g doses in each shot using this method I would just take out the crystal and dissolve the appropriate amount into booze that would = 3g shots?

--------------------

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

#16335890 - 06/05/12 12:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I would extract as tea,in some states it is illegal to have an open bottle of anything containing alcohol, just an open container charge but none the less

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

#16335916 - 06/05/12 12:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JusTsHroomiNn said:
Well I want it for is for quick and simple dosing at shows.
Me and he girl are big  DMB and Phish phans and at the end of this month we have 8 days of dmb and phish combined over a period of only 3 weekends O.o!!!  Having doses that hit as you describe seem great for shows.

And I wanna be able to walk around and easily share while being pretty discrete and booze is how I kinda wanted to run with it...

If I wanna make 3g doses in each shot using this method I would just take out the crystal and dissolve the appropriate amount into booze that would = 3g shots?

Depends on the amount of dosages you want to have.  Let's say you want the equivelent of 10 trips in your 50mL bottle.  Then you need to purchase a plastic dosing syringe from the local drug store.  You know those skinny ones that have 5mL doses. 

Then I take 30 grams of dry shrooms and use around 200mL of alcohol.  I boil it down to 50 mL (carefully) and strain.  Then I use the filtered boiled shrooms and repeat boiling it 2-3 more times with straining in between.  You are left with roughly 150-200 mL of filtered shrooms + alcohol.  Then I let out under a fan until it evaporates down to 50 mL.  I place it into one of those airplane 50 mL alcohol bottles.  Divide 50mL by 5 and it equals 10 trips.  Since there was 30 grams of dry to start; you will have 3 grams per 5 mL extraction.  Gotta make sure to shake after each dose because sometimes the crystals settle and the last person dosing could get a nice 10 gram hit.  It happened to me once and it wasn't pretty.  Scarest shit I've seen in my entire life.

--------------------

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
    #16335963 - 06/05/12 12:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

magnifier661 said:

What you need to do is follow the Crystal of the Gods Tek and use 190 proof ethanol or methanol.  Then you dry out the crystals.  Once the crystals are dry; you disolve them into a lighter alcohol.  The reason you need at least 100 proof is so that the alcohol doesn't freeze when you store it. 

I had a couple friend do this and used the grey goose to mix in cranberry.  You won't need much, but you must place the 100 proof, shroom mix into the juice.

Quote:

Suction filtration? Buchner funnels and Celite? Testing with Keller's reagent? :lol: Not to mention the first paragraph on that site sounds like a sales pitch written by a rather dim junior high schooler while he was tripping.

No need to go all the way to crystals and then redisolve them. That's just adding an extra step. Mushrooms>alcohol>hot water bath>coffee filter>done.

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms in alcohol [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #16335986 - 06/05/12 12:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OnePerEyeM8 said:
Quote:

magnifier661 said:

Quote:

Suction filtration? Buchner funnels and Celite? Testing with Keller's reagent? :lol: Not to mention the first paragraph on that site sounds like a sales pitch written by a rather dim junior high schooler while he was tripping.

No need to go all the way to crystals and then redisolve them. That's just adding an extra step. Mushrooms>alcohol>hot water bath>coffee filter>done.

You are absolutely right, but I like doing that extra step for myself.  I have a really good scale that can measure mg.  I like dosing around 8-10mg per dose; so I can either capsulate the dose (with dry crystals) or add that amount per "shot".  That way I don't have to worry about over or under dosing.

Your way is fine and works easy.  I like the technical aspect of crystalizing the psilocybin.

--------------------

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Shrooms in alcohol [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #16336006 - 06/05/12 12:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Was going to say just make tea... A little acidic and it should be fine

Why bother with alcohol?

I have not been successful in extractions with less than 90%, but only played with it... So can't say if it would work or not at low proof...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

Re: Shrooms in alcohol [Re: HarryL]
    #16336032 - 06/05/12 12:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

okok... Maybe I will just look into tea and see how I feel about that first.
Does tea stay pretty stable for a while?

--------------------

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#20631069 - 09/28/14 02:41 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to know bout the solids....can they be left in the bottle indefinitely? Or should they sit for a while then be strained an tossed out?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag