Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHIGHIMTHENEWGUY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Is there a good direction someone can point me in with car stereo installation?
    #16319706 - 06/01/12 10:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have a 2011 ford ranger. It is not an extended cab so my space is VERY limited, so I don't even know what kind of upgrades I can do. Everything is factory, and I wanna upgrade my system. However I know NOTHING about car stereos. I've been to different stereo places but they all seem like they're way overpriced just trying to jerk me off! I know people that have offered to do it for me cheap, but they're sketchy and I'm afraid they won't do it right or do a shitty job. With space being so marginal I doubt I can do much of anything. I'd rather do it myself though, and have the satisfaction of doing it right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a good direction someone can point me in with car stereo installation? [Re: HIGHIMTHENEWGUY]
    #16320531 - 06/02/12 02:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

depends on how big you want to go.

if you just want to upgrade your head unit thats not really an issue, just a matter of getting a head unit and a wire harness and solder everything together correctly.

if you want to upgrade your door speakers your going to have to pull your door panels off (with a panel popper tool) it can be tricky your first time.

if you want subs your going to have to build either a custom box OR bypass your bed to you cab which means cutting a hole in you bed to cabin and then you will have to get a teanau cover so your box wont get jacked.. that part i wouldnt try as a novice.

--------------------

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
Re: Is there a good direction someone can point me in with car stereo installation? [Re: rackem]
    #16325581 - 06/03/12 08:58 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

For subs couldn't hE also buy some competition 10" and stick em under Each seat?
That's how I've seen trucks wo an extended cab BUMP haha
And just drill the amp to the back of the seat or an equally outta the way PlacE.
I'm with you op I wouldn't pay those chumPs all that money either you can DIY no prob.
Just figure out how loud/how much you are willing to spend and to from there...

Some good under the seat subs would be some kickEr comp tens or something just bc they are thin enough to fit.. Although many top brands have performance speakers that are made with equally in size.
Some come with their own box.
Like I  said depends how much you wanna spend on product and how much you would like to build/do yourself... I'd also change door speakers and add some tweeters and It will sound great In your lil cab!
All of the actual installation is pretty easy and straight forward and there's tons of guides to this bc there's tons of bass junkies on deh webz
Have fun with it

1L

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a good direction someone can point me in with car stereo installation? [Re: ashfiken]
    #16326925 - 06/03/12 02:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ya the under the seat is always an option..

if your comfortable removing your seats and doing it right then yes its an option.. also, the downside to having them under the seat the are vulnerable to rips tears ect.

but in a single cab its really your best bet without porting your bed

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Is there a good direction someone can point me in with car stereo installation? [Re: rackem]
    #16457351 - 06/29/12 06:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

if he removes his spare tire he can mount a sub in that area and avoid having to worry about drilling his bed (just his cabin)  Altho he might not have to drill the cabin either as there should be holes already for his tail lights and such, the only question is if theres any extra room for more wires to get through.  If u go this route u would obviously never tell anyone where your sub is and most likely it would never get jacked, u would also have to put a cover some plexi glass or w/e over the sub so rocks don't mess it up and a bit of weather proofing

i just thought of something kinda cool u could use an old crappy tire and make a box out of it if your creative

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinedan.23
Custom Killer
Male

Re: Is there a good direction someone can point me in with car stereo installation? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #16484324 - 07/05/12 08:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Check out the12volt.com has a lot of info that will help u with everything u want to know about instLling. Good luck

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss
1,339 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.