Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineALTERED.STATES
Biologist and NRG Tek head
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Irish
NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” Drink + PICS!!! (Tutorial) – Super Lemon Acid Based Alkaloid Extraction * 1
    #15988782 - 03/24/12 05:27 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

NRG Tek  “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose

Items Needed
500ml Monster (juice) Energy Drink (http://www.monsterenergy.com) (Mostly natural ingredients!)
4g of Dried psilocybin cubensis for a Level 4 Trip. (Dosage calculator here)
Orange Juice (Fresh is best. If store bought go for 100% pure.)
Blender
Glass
Drinking Cup
Digital Scales

This whole drink tek is actually totally organic and mostly natural except for some sucralose. It is an artificial sweetner and it is in the monster Juice. There is also some enzymatic removal of some other compounds found in plants added for texture and taste.

Monster Juice contains more natural alkaloid extracting organic compounds than Lemon tek does, as well as the ones lemon tek does. NRG tek is essentially a super lemon lek plus some nice extra ingredients

Procedure
I use 4g of Dried Shrooms because I am a weekend hippy and I like a nice dose. I will be using p.cubensis Amazonian PES. The dose is really up to you. Get the dosage here.

Measure up your dose using the digital scales.

This is 4.1g of Amazonian PES. Now you are probably asking why 4.1 for a level 4? I do this for preference.

Pour a small glass of orange juice. Put the shrooms into the blender and add the orange juice.

How you mix these is up to you. Just mix ‘em up nice. Pour the shroom orange juice mix back into the small glass of orange juice.

Monster comes in many flavours. Use the juiced versions like Monster Ripper or Monster Khaos. This is the way to go for taste and it works the best.

If you need to clean particles of shrooms out from the blender get your monster drink and add it around the sides. Just use about 100ml to 200ml to gather any small particles of shrooms. Now pour this into your drinking cup.

Take your glass of orange juice and shroom mix. Now add this to the drinking cup with some Monster Juice. This is your NRG Tek!!.

Add more of the monster to taste. Keeping some monster aside for when you finish the tek can be used to gather particles around the side of the tek and to drink it back. Swish and enjoy.

Now one word of caution. This hits harder than the usual lemon tek and is faster. You will be up in less than 10 min and it will be building more and more in under 30 min.

Keep it sacred :smile:

----

Update on the High :smile:

:heart: 4 hours up and still on the go.

Tongue sticking out face tripping balls hands in the air post-woodstock 21st century shrooming hypersoul moving through subspace at speeds that even CERN's particle accelerator would have trouble measuring.

----
Afterthoughts

Okay, overall this beats both tea and lemon tek. Nice up, very quick, long lasting, lovely comedown 5 to 6 hours later. So a 5 to 6 hour trip for me with only 4g dry. :thumbup: If you like NRG drinks and shrooms then you will love this. :mushroom2:

What is in Monster?
I suppose some people want to know this anyway. So basically here is an image of the back of the can which name the ingredients. Again for people who like NRG and Monster, this drink tek should be exactly what you wanted. The same goes for people who want to try a good experience with their shrooms in a drink.

Monster ingredients

--------------------
Level 5+ 7g of Thai in NRG tek Trip Report and Pics here. Real spirit contact. :crazy2: Amazonian PES here. 2nd here 3rd here. :sun: Thai here 2nd here 3rd here :mushroom2: B+ here :tongue2: McKennaii here :ooo: ENORMOUS 26g Shroom here :shocked: 5g! Coin sized!! (PPS). 00 Gel Caps :rocket:

NRG Tek Drink (a.k.a Monster Tek Drink) here. Super lemon tek. Best experience. :crazy2:

Edited by ALTERED.STATES (04/15/12 02:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTranzfixed
Hunter/Gatherer
Male

Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: ALTERED.STATES] * 2
    #15988788 - 03/24/12 05:33 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

that was very troll-esque of me, not nice at all  :Awesketch:

--------------------

"The True Guru has bestowed His most pure and sacred teachings. Chanting the name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, my mind is transfixed and enraptured."

Edited by Tranzfixed (03/24/12 06:20 AM)

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: Tranzfixed]
    #15988794 - 03/24/12 05:41 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Oh I forgot to add. Makes you pee like you had just drank 3 pints of beer. :smile:

--------------------
Level 5+ 7g of Thai in NRG tek Trip Report and Pics here. Real spirit contact. :crazy2: Amazonian PES here. 2nd here 3rd here. :sun: Thai here 2nd here 3rd here :mushroom2: B+ here :tongue2: McKennaii here :ooo: ENORMOUS 26g Shroom here :shocked: 5g! Coin sized!! (PPS). 00 Gel Caps :rocket:

NRG Tek Drink (a.k.a Monster Tek Drink) here. Super lemon tek. Best experience. :crazy2:

OfflineTranzfixed
Hunter/Gatherer
Male

Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: ALTERED.STATES]
    #15988835 - 03/24/12 06:23 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

any synergistic value to the stims and chems of the monster? Is it dangerous at all do you know? Only asking cuz my heart is already booming after a dose of these.

--------------------

"The True Guru has bestowed His most pure and sacred teachings. Chanting the name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, my mind is transfixed and enraptured."

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: Tranzfixed]
    #15988847 - 03/24/12 06:35 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Tranz,  you will be fine. I just dosed what you see there back when I posted it. My heart is pounding nicely. I am old in real life too lol :smile:

Basically I have just cleaned my room. Everything is nicely tidy. I am listening to di.fm on my wireless earphones. Everything is beautiful :rasta: including the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15988866 - 03/24/12 06:49 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one is for Terrance McKenna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ALTERED.STATES (03/24/12 07:03 AM)

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15989185 - 03/24/12 09:29 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

:heart: 4 hours up and still on the go.

Tongue sticking out face tripping balls hands in the air post-woodstock 21st century shrooming hypersoul moving through subspace at speeds that even CERN's particle accelerator would have trouble measuring.

--------------------

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15989569 - 03/24/12 11:28 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I was able to go shopping and do stuff. So things appear to have returned back to normal. There is still evidence of some residual effects. So I would say 5 to 6 hours later for the comedown which was very nice and easy.

Overall this beats both tea and lemon tek. So NRG tek = :thumbup:

Now to get back to my 2nd flush of Thai. Hope to see my 2nd flush of Amazonians PES soon. Have just dunked some B+. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #16004224 - 03/27/12 03:28 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

All your doing is mixing drugs, its not really a "tek" lol, and your mixing shitty drugs at that. the stimulants in monster(and other energy drinks) are mostly PNS anyways just making you jittery and raising your heart rate/blood pressure(which is a bad thing on mushrooms) and some other shitty side effects, and giving you a little crappy CNS stimulation with caffine and taurine... I could make a pepsi tek and call it better than lemon if i wanted to :shrug:

Also i don't see how monster could make this hit you faster than lemon tek. As long as its converted to psilocin thats all that matters. the only thing that would effect absorbtion(other than digesting food ofc) that im aware of is different PH levels in your stomache as some chemicals prefer a more basic or acidic environment for uptake, i don't know which one psilocin likes but i dont see it mattering because your not doing any sort of basification with the monster.

Overall id say this needs more work and an EXPLAINATION as to why its better than other teks if you want to call it one. posting pictures with a few lines of text in between them a tek does not make.

If you want to be able to do things on mushrooms just take a small dose of methylphenidate or some other REAL CNS stimulant that doesn't have as much crap in it. It will probably be even cheaper than that drink if you get it from someone cool.  Or do a psychedelic that already has stimulant properties(dopamine reuptake inhibition/release) like 2C-B or its kin

Edited by Adolin (03/27/12 03:29 PM)

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: Adolin]
    #16006927 - 03/28/12 03:55 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
All your doing is mixing drugs, its not really a "tek" lol, and your mixing shitty drugs at that. the stimulants in monster(and other energy drinks) are mostly PNS anyways just making you jittery and raising your heart rate/blood pressure(which is a bad thing on mushrooms) and some other shitty side effects, and giving you a little crappy CNS stimulation with caffine and taurine... I could make a pepsi tek and call it better than lemon if i wanted to :shrug:

Also i don't see how monster could make this hit you faster than lemon tek. As long as its converted to psilocin thats all that matters. the only thing that would effect absorbtion(other than digesting food ofc) that im aware of is different PH levels in your stomache as some chemicals prefer a more basic or acidic environment for uptake, i don't know which one psilocin likes but i dont see it mattering because your not doing any sort of basification with the monster.

Overall id say this needs more work and an EXPLAINATION as to why its better than other teks if you want to call it one. posting pictures with a few lines of text in between them a tek does not make.

If you want to be able to do things on mushrooms just take a small dose of methylphenidate or some other REAL CNS stimulant that doesn't have as much crap in it. It will probably be even cheaper than that drink if you get it from someone cool.  Or do a psychedelic that already has stimulant properties(dopamine reuptake inhibition/release) like 2C-B or its kin

Hi Gresh,

I am a scientist and so I respect verification requests. I think the best verification is to perform the experiment yourself.

My background is in biology but I have done a fair share of biochemistry. I would like to address some of your reasoning and give more support for my own.

Is it a tek?
The first part of your post rejects that this is a tek. You are welcome to that but by the same line of reasoning you would have to accept that ‘Lemon tek’ and ‘Orange Juice tek’ are not teks either. I called NRG tek a tek because traditionally these drinks are also called teks. ‘Lemon tek’ ‘OJ tek’ ‘NRG tek’. There is my reasoning. It seems traditional to do this. I see in the second paragraph you actually confirm this by calling Lemon tek a tek.

The Pepsi analogy
Maybe take a Lemon Tek, NRG Tek challange? :smile: However I don’t think it is a fair analogy to invoke Pepsi and say it could be better than lemon tek. Pepsi is radically different from Monster or Lemon tek in that it contains artificial high-potency sweeteners, HFCS plus a whole pile of unknowns. I don’t think comparing NRG tek or lemon tek to any carbonated soft drink is really fair. In fact making the analogy may show a misconception over Monster. Monster is actually a natural NRG drink not an artificial carbonated soft drink.

Who shouldn't take this tek?
I think it should be clear to anyone who doesn’t like synthetics or partially synthetic, that NRG tek might not be for them. However, surprisingly, Monster actually contains only natural organic substances! Produced by Hanson Natural, Monster just might be a little more natural than Gresh is seemingly to suggest.

However let’s just say you are reading this and doubt it’s natural or are still worried about it. Much like organic cultivators who don’t like inorganic ‘chemy’ nutrients, then don’t go here, it is not for you. I think it should be that simple. I didn’t think I would have to say this but I suppose that should be made clear. If you don’t like Monster or NRG drinks or are suspect about natural health drinks with NRG boosting claims don’t go here either. There are other organic, non-NRG drink ways to enjoy shrooms throughout the forums :smile:

In fact if you can't do NRG drinks then really should you be dosing shrooms?

There are obviously risks involved when we take things like shrooms. Likewise I am not oblivious to the fact that there are risks involved in taking Energy drinks even if they are naturally produced because being natural doesn’t mean it isn’t risky. However I sometimes take risks and if that something improves the fun I have had from shroom tea or lemon tek I would like to try it if I think it is reasonable. I am an older person and I thought this was reasonable. Not only did I survive NRG tek, I loved it so much I won’t go back to doing shroom tea or lemon tek for awhile for several reasons. Taste, duration of effect, ease to make, etc. I will address the caffeine issue in a moment.

Does it work? Why does it work?
Not only did it hit faster, it hit for longer and better. So here Gresh might actually be asking a good question. Why? I would like an answer also. I also feel that a better understanding of the ‘stimulants’ involved will also help undermine some misconceptions about what is going on. What is likely happening is that the combination of sodium citrate, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, sodium chloride, niacinamide, hydrochloride is unlocking active alkaloids in new ways that Lemon tek doesn’t and also in the same ways that lemon tek does. So this delivers what lemon tek delivers and then more due to the inclusion of additional natural ingredients. So it isn’t less than lemon tek. Could it be equal to lemon tek? Possibly. However I think I got more out of it and there are more organic acidic compounds in NRG tek than lemon tek, but surprisingly, NRG tek was easier to drink down!

There is also a big dose of caffeine. If anything in Monster is considered off, then it is probably the caffeine dose. Again if you experience bad side effects from using caffeine then I would say NRG tek is not for you. For those of you who can handle your cup of coffee, I think NRG tek will be easy to handle also. It definitely helped give me a lot of pep during the trip.

The panax ginseng root extract is fun. It maybe Chinese medicine with not a lot of science to verify how it helps organisms adapt to metabolic changes, but the jury is still out on this one. If you believe in the benefits of Gingseng then you will find it here. I find the other ingredients like taurine, L-carnitine, glucuronolactone, inositol, guarana seed, pyridoxine, sucralose, riboflavin, maltodextrin and cyanocobalamin to be naturally occurring, mostly found in plants and many actually have positive health benefits as opposed to negative ones.

Some of the benefits of Monster include neutralizing upset tummy effects for high acidity and reducing toxicity, while still allowing the shrooms to produce their full effect. So it isn’t just pH levels (note pH, not PH). We also have to consider many other factors in Pharmacokinetics, plasma-half-life, binding affinities to alkaloids etc.

Would taking CNS stimulants be better?

I have no doubt that Gresh’s offer to take shrooms along with CNS stimulants (without ‘crap’ in it, whatever that means… I suppose depends on the stimulant) will have an effect but that is not really why I considered the Monster NRG tek option and I am not recommending CNS simulants.

Does the tutorial pic cover everything?
No and they aren't supposed to. The reason why I posted the pics and the text explaining what was happening is because I think if people are to talk the talk they have to show they have walked the walked. I also like doing a good tutorial. After all anyone can just type on a forum. We can always do additional research after.

Conclusions
So overall I would have to say the biggest thing about fearing Monster is fear itself, like fear of the unknown… but most of the variables here are pretty well known. Wiki them up and have a look if need be. I would also say that fear of NRG tek is a bit like unnecessary fear of shrooms. Plus this is a very simple drink tek for people to do. I will stand by NRG tek as the best shroom consumption experience I have had to date. The trip was not just good… it was absolutely beautiful. That is why I am sharing it and not hording it. :rasta:

Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleLucyLysergic
CoZzA FrEnZy

Loc: The Lion's Den
    #16006950 - 03/28/12 04:20 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Gave this recipe to some friends of mine last night, just heard from them and they give it an A++++.  Well done, can't wait to try it myself.

--------------------
All darkness disappears from those who carry the radiance of the sun In their hearts
  http://www.freeleonardpickard.org/ 

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: ALTERED.STATES] * 1
    #16007011 - 03/28/12 05:25 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

What is likely happening is that the combination of sodium citrate, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, sodium chloride, niacinamide, hydrochloride is unlocking active alkaloids in new ways that Lemon tek doesn’t and also in the same ways that lemon tek does.

Evidence please. It's still disputed by many as to whether the lemon tek is a placebo or not and there are a variety of different theories as to why it may work so I have no idea how you figured this one out, however I just love the way you present it without anything backing it up under the authoritative pretence of being a scientist.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” Drink + PICS!!! (Tutorial) – The Shrooms are Loose!! [Re: ALTERED.STATES]
    #16007015 - 03/28/12 05:29 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

ill try to remember to try ill

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: LucyLysergic]
    #16007459 - 03/28/12 08:40 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

LucyLysergic said:
Gave this recipe to some friends of mine last night, just heard from them and they give it an A++++.  Well done, can't wait to try it myself.

That is exactly the feedback I have been getting also. I can't wait to try it again on Saturday. This time I can choose Amazonian PES again or Thai.

--------------------

Offlinesanchothestoner
Satan's Grandson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Bucketheadland
    #16007515 - 03/28/12 08:58 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Should it be fresh squeezed or store bought orange juice?

--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – The Shrooms are Loose [Re: sanchothestoner]
    #16007522 - 03/28/12 09:00 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

sanchothestoner said:
Should it be fresh squeezed or store bought orange juice?

Fresh is better but if you have a good quality store bought one you can use that also. Try to use something that contains only natural ingredients. That way you keep it all natural (and yes Monster Ripper or other Monster Juices contain natural ingredients). :smile:

--------------------

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” – (Super Lemon Tek) [Re: ALTERED.STATES]
    #16007575 - 03/28/12 09:11 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
It's still disputed by many as to whether the lemon tek is a placebo or not.

I think it would be important to again restate first and foremost why I wrote up this tek. I feel some readers are not getting this part. It is for my fellow shroom lovers who enjoy the wonderful spiritual benefits of shroom related beverages. If this isn’t your thing (i.e – doubting lemon tek effectiveness, tea effectiveness or you don’t like NRG drinks) then don’t do it. :smile: However I like the A+++++ feedback above. I believe it is justified. Try it. :smile:

I didn’t do this write up as a peer-reviewed paper and I didn’t do a cohort statistical analysis of its impact on large populations of subjects with control groups. :smile: So I can only do my best to answer questions being raised.

I believe Grapefruit has raised a twofold issue with how effective NRG tek can be if Grapefruit has doubts over lemon tek's effectiveness. While we have no direct peer-reviewed evidence for NRG tek or Lemon tek, we do have evidence for how alkaloid extraction occurs by acid-base extraction. The fact is that Monster Juice contains more natural alkaloid extracting organic compounds than Lemon tek does, as well as the ones lemon tek does. NRG tek is essentially a super lemon lek plus some nice extra ingredients. :smile:

I guess debating the viability of lemon tek is really a subject matter for a whole different thread. Good luck with that though if you want to challange it. I think shroom tea and lemon tek are very popular ways to make shrooms harder hitting with this community. So is NRG tek :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-baked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Flag
    #16007871 - 03/28/12 10:10 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

OMG its the GMOs from the labs and the tubes where the fast food grows! If you are what you eat, then I'm a UFO. I hope to god that my body still can decompose!

--------------------
DFTBA Dont forget to be awesome

:mindblown:

OfflineALTERED.STATES
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” Drink + PICS!!! (Tutorial) – The Shrooms are Loose!! [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #16008653 - 03/28/12 12:46 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomopotamus said:
ill try to remember to try ill

I shall remind you. This Saturday I will be doing this with either 6g of Thai or 6g of Amazonian.

--------------------

Offlineshroomer
Aussie
 User Gallery

Re: NRG Tek “a.k.a Monster Tek” Drink + PICS!!! (Tutorial) – The Shrooms are Loose!! [Re: ALTERED.STATES]
    #16009484 - 03/28/12 03:35 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

This method is how I have been ingesting shrooms for a while now. I love how quickly it kicks  and how it masks the taste quite well. have tried it with different energy drinks with barely Noticeable differences between drinks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate