Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible1ve5w4hu

What's wrong with my oyster pf tek jars?
    #15958434 - 03/17/12 04:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The only things I can think of that haven't been ruled out are:

Bad oyster spore syringes.
Bad ingredient choice.
Not enough time has passed to see growth in second set of jars.
Not enough time for the jars to cool off.
Unknown pressure/temp in pressure cooker.
Needle not long enough. Maybe I injected into the verm filter?

Spore syringes came from a sponsor.

But, how should I proceed?

I could make liquid culture in an attempt to prove the syringes are bad. Perhaps they'd give me a refund or replacement if I could prove it's not me.

I could buy some rye grains?

I could dump the 1st jars out, buy another bag of brown rice flour, and use more spores.

Or you decide something different.

Current jar location:

4 day jar:

13 day jar:

ignore mineral stains

One of the unused syringes:

Also, if you have an answer to this question. That would be great!

--------------------

Edited by 1ve5w4hu (05/25/13 12:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSynocybin
Thread Killer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: What's wrong with my pf tek jars? [Re: 1ve5w4hu]
    #15958446 - 03/17/12 04:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

skin burns at 140, myc dies at 106, spores at 130...

myc stalls and has greater risk for contams at 84+...

check into that

--------------------
Synocybin's Penis Envy Grow Log!
OUTDOOR SPENT TRAY GROW PICS!!
X7X Grow Log

Luigi on Shrooms said:
Its been 4weeks since i cased what is going on?
i used human manure(mine) vermiculite and coco coir

Offlinenemesis19902008
CrAzY
Male User Gallery

#15958536 - 03/17/12 05:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What do you mean you filled the pressure cooker (PC) with water? The BRF jars should be placed in the PC and filled with water until it barely touches the bottom of the jars. Does your PC have a gauge on top? If so, then the jars should be cooked at 15 PSI for 60 minutes, then allowed to cool all the way.  Then you can inoculate the jars and store them in a dark place that stays 80-82 degrees.  Leave the foil on the jars until they are about 50% colonized.

--------------------
All of my photos are fabricated or retrieved from the internet and are not mine :smile:

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

There's a part of every living thing that wants to become itself: the tadpole into the frog, the chrysalis into the butterfly, a damaged human being into a whole one. That is spirituality.

Invisible1ve5w4hu

Re: What's wrong with my pf tek jars? [Re: nemesis19902008]
    #15958564 - 03/17/12 06:12 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Synocybin said:
skin burns at 140, myc dies at 106, spores at 130...

Found a better source than answerbag. The necrosis of the epidermal layer starts when the temperature of the epidermal cells reaches 111.2°F; this constitutes the threshold of pain. If there was mycelium inside, it's dead, but if there were any spores left (unsprouted?) they are still alive.

Quote:

Synocybin said:
myc stalls and has greater risk for contams at 84+...

I hope the first lot is just stalled. Heating pads don't heat uniformly so the ones around the outside edge were much lower temp than the ones in the middle which were quite warm to the touch.

Quote:

nemesis19902008 said:
What do you mean you filled the pressure cooker (PC) with water? The BRF jars should be placed in the PC and filled with water until it barely touches the bottom of the jars. Does your PC have a gauge on top? If so, then the jars should be cooked at 15 PSI for 60 minutes, then allowed to cool all the way.  Then you can inoculate the jars and store them in a dark place that stays 80-82 degrees.  Leave the foil on the jars until they are about 50% colonized.

I fill the PC with water until until it barely touches the bottom of the jars. I have no pressure gauge, just a weight like this on top. The jars are not in a dark place and are being kept at 75 F as seen in the picture in my first post. No aluminum on top.

Quote:

TootyBooty said:
Quote:

1ve5w4hu said:
Pressured cooked the jars for 90 minutes using the old style pressure cooker with a weight on top. Cooked at high, turned down to low, then turned back up to high. My Dad cans vegetables and the pft pft sound just didn't sound normal to me unless it was on high.

You're supposed to turn the PC down to just under the temp that makes the weight move.
If you used it like a straight pressure canner you probably dried your cakes out.

What can I do about that? Can I squirt sterile water into the jars?

--------------------

Edited by 1ve5w4hu (03/17/12 06:33 AM)

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere in particular. Flag
    #15958566 - 03/17/12 06:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

1ve5w4hu said:
Pressured cooked the jars for 90 minutes using the old style pressure cooker with a weight on top. Cooked at high, turned down to low, then turned back up to high. My Dad cans vegetables and the pft pft sound just didn't sound normal to me unless it was on high.

You're supposed to turn the PC down to just under the temp that makes the weight move.
If you used it like a straight pressure canner you probably dried your cakes out.

--------------------
"I get up, I get down." Insect Forum

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates