Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletrampis
mad hatter
 User Gallery

leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? * 1
    #15920250 - 03/08/12 03:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So lately I  keep seeing and hearing people discussing that the Mayan calendar ordeal is irrelevant because they did not account for leap year and technically it would be July of 2013 and thus the "doomsday" has already past.

First of all, whatever their calendar ending means, I doubt it is a "Dooms Day Prophecy". Second, I think the calender is based more on celestial positioning rather than anything to do with the Gregorian calender, which is why last date falls on the winter solstice.

Basically, I think the whole leap year concept (in relation to the Mayan calender)  is irrelevant in itself. :shrug:

thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? [Re: trampis]
    #15920352 - 03/08/12 03:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

. Second, I think the calender is based more on celestial positioning rather than anything to do with the Gregorian calender

edit: peoples like to make self fulfilling prophecies , so anythings possible

DECEMBER 21, 2012

Edited by hidenseek (03/08/12 03:55 PM)

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? [Re: hidenseek]
    #15920364 - 03/08/12 03:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

why the fuck does anyone believe the mayans? Aren't mayans the ones who get drunk and fight to the death in the streets until someone dies as sacrifice?

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? [Re: trampis] * 1
    #15920397 - 03/08/12 03:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the only thing that makes me wonder is the passing of the galactic equator, the patterns of ice ages, the polar cap ice amount, and the whole global warming thing..... all this stuff is on a cycle according to carbon dating blah blah. the website "timelineto2012" has good information but its done by some religious clown, i dont know what hes worried about though, god will save him

calendars end and restart, looking at my calendar now i guess the end of the world is dec 31 2012

http://www.timeline2012.net/index.php/en/timeline-2012/timeline-2012-videos
consider this website a second harvest, yes you will be digging through shit to find a few goodies

i found the first few videos to be quite informative, but after that it gets a little ridiculous, the guy has maps of what our continents will look like and other crazy assumptions, but the ice age stuff and graphs galactic equator are quite intriguing

all this reminds me of y2k and all the other crazy things that DIDNT happen, and of course nastradamous and his vague tales which could be applied to many events that happened, and as soon as there is any evidence of a possibility of it being true people fly off the deepend.

sure people talk about storms and silly weather and earthquakes, but a few resources i looked into a while back clearly state we are just looking for more events because of the predictions, thus documenting more. hell how many earthquakes and crazy things happen where there are no people, maybe these things are just occuring in places where there are people now. take the concussion issue in pro hockey. yea theres a ton more head injuries but is it because we are identifing and understand more than we did 20 years ago? :shrug:

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? [Re: trampis]
    #15920407 - 03/08/12 04:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty sure that leap year was taken into consideration when determining the end date. But I may be wrong. There is even Calleman who had his 2012 end date pass just last October.

End date memes are viral in the North. It's interesting to notice that they are very taboo at the same time.
They produce generally more fear in consciousness than enlightened interest.
We need to look at time periods of larger scale which are far more relevant IMHO.

You can experiment with it yourself just by dilating your perception of time; adjusting your time of view.
For instance rise a day up, a week up, a moon, sun, or even the current decade up.

Where you are now is removed from instant Armageddon. We can take a deep breath and think.

I think that when breath and thought sync up, we are able to change our ways and quit supporting problems or giving institutions and their public faces no longer the attention that they do not deserve.

Jumping out of the calender is an integral part of doing that.

--------------------

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Re: leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? [Re: 1EyeCries] * 1
    #15920418 - 03/08/12 04:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

and if something where to happen, i think it would take more than a few hours over the night, how about the time zones and places that are 12 hours ahead or 12 hours behind? so its dec21 2012 in one place and not the other?

the mayans forgot leap year? fucking idiots

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Re: leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? [Re: 1EyeCries]
    #15920432 - 03/08/12 04:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if armeggeddon or some crazy shit happens asteroids crashing into the earth.... ill be in my back yard with my baseball mit

if 2012 doesnt happen, its just a matter of time before the government makes its own doomsday

we all die regardless

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: leap year accounts for mayans being wrong... ? [Re: 1EyeCries]
    #15920456 - 03/08/12 04:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The mayan calendar was formulated differently than our calendar.  I assume when it was converted the leap year was taken into account.  These moronic memes people post with "zomg wut about the leap yearzz??"  make me puke in my mouth.  They think they're so witty n shit.  :facepalm:

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom