Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia
    #15459597 - 12/03/11 03:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So finally I've realised I've spent the last 3 years quite insane. Ever since I came home in 2007 during a psychotic episode precipitated by drugs, I've been lost inside my head. My thoughts have been totally disorganised, irrelevant, disconnected, seemingly impossible. Further more, during that same psychotic episode I mentioned I hit my head in two locations with reasonable blunt force. It split the skin but not the bone or anything like that, however there was a LOT of blood. Concentration has never been the same, but three brain scans - one an MRI or fMRI - revealed nothing.

Lately I've been making leaps and bounds towards getting my shit together and getting out of this mess and back into what life is about. I'm getting there, I think more slowly, "look" at what I've thought and see if it has any bearing on anything at all whatsoever. Often it plain doesn't. I've been trying to concentrate on books. I can read fine and so on but it's very, very easy to distract myself and then find reasons to put the book down.

I think I stick to philosophy and highly abstract "views of life" because I've got nothing else. It's not somewhere I should be or something I should be considering at this point in life, and I've had glimpses of how true that is. It's really a reflective, passive exercise that comes after decades of personal experience.

There's this anxiety, sometimes a panic, that I've been insane and mostly unaware of it. It's hard to pick yourself up after that, to realise YOU HAVE LEARNT NOTHING, DEVELOPED AS NO ONE, YOU ARE WAY BEHIND, AFTER 3 YEARS OF MEANINGLESS AND EPIC STRUGGLE.

I'm considering speech therapy because my speech has gone weird after the injury and sometimes does as part of schizophrenia.

Also considering some more brain scans.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else been down this road, the developmental disaster road, and what did you do to fix or change it.

PS. I'm 24 in a week

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGorguss
Chaotic sums

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: circastes]
    #15459696 - 12/03/11 03:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thank god i'm not alone. I had a traumatic event too. I was Tripping off a tea of cubes ~7 grams.

It just hit me like a ton of bricks, first time doing mushrooms like this. I was hoping for an awesome experience with my 6'7 foot friend. It was mid day and we just got to my cabin like 2 miles in the woods. I watched the mountains and trees moving vigorously. It was pleasant. Then, my friend, who had never tripped before looks at me and says, "Dude! It's monday! worst day in the world!"

That was the catalyst, I freaked, I looked at the creek and the plants over growing all around it. My vision blurred and everything went white...QUICK. As well as it sounded like a bomb went off. I lost my hearing too. He was still talking when this happened and I couldn't hear shit. I ran and jumped on a bed in the cabin.
When I looked up the room was soaking wet and running wild rivers; It was a wood paneled room.

After it was all over with, i never really recovered. Its been over a year now. I have panic attacks and take xanax for it. I drink sorta heavy.. so It creates a perfect environment for the over active mind to kick in. I've improved my habit and cut back massively. But still take the medicine.

I beleive my brain created a new path into this panic region while tripping and thats why I so easily start to freak. When it happens all i can do is struggle and fight the urge to start hyperventilating or call 911.

--------------------
------------

------------

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #15461302 - 12/03/11 08:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You're situation sounds similar to mine in many ways eerily.  I feel like I missed out on an important part of life due to being unwell(poisoned or schizophrenic?).  I feel like things will never get better and that life is essentially meaningless and I find no joy in anything.  Things seem to have plateaued at meaninglessness.  Like you I have no motivation and haven't read a book in like 3 years.  All I do is listen to music.  Music is the only thing that remotely gives me joy.  Even my beloved video games have lost their fun factor for me.  I've gotten a brain scan and everything looked normal on it.  Be careful about going down the medication route as some of them will turn you into a libido-less zombie.  I've been looking into things like piracetam and some ADD meds to possibly make me feel more "normal" and motivated to do stuff.  If I find something that helps me I'll be sure to let you know and if you find something be sure to let me know.:smile:  I'm 22 1/2.

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15461517 - 12/03/11 09:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ah cool cool thanks for sympathizing, it does sound like me.

I'm catching onto the idea that, life is what you make it, and if you make it nothing, then it's nothing, ie. if you do nothing, you will experience nothing, and so of course you will find it all sucky. Not so obvious for us it seems.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: Gorguss] * 1
    #15461533 - 12/03/11 09:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Circ, you're being really hard on yourself.  Do you really think that you haven't grown at all as a person in the past three years.  The hard times make us who we are just as much as the good times, I know thats not that helpful to hear when times are bad but its true.

As far as we know, life is just one big "meaningless and epic struggle". I don't see that you can be so sure that you are behind anyone.  Surely you're not behind me!  I'm 26 and I spent the last 6 years of my life having my life dominated by my desire for a drug which made me miserable.

As far as I know there is no "cure" for anxiety, drugs are really a poor solution in most cases.  What really helps me is music, listening or playing.  Music has got me through some really rough times but it doesn't always work unfortunately.  Having a routiene that is based around healthy eating and exercise has made a huge difference.

Happy week before your birthday!

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #15461585 - 12/03/11 10:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Circ, you're being really hard on yourself.  Do you really think that you haven't grown at all as a person in the past three years.  The hard times make us who we are just as much as the good times, I know thats not that helpful to hear when times are bad but its true.

As far as we know, life is just one big "meaningless and epic struggle". I don't see that you can be so sure that you are behind anyone.  Surely you're not behind me!  I'm 26 and I spent the last 6 years of my life having my life dominated by my desire for a drug which made me miserable.

As far as I know there is no "cure" for anxiety, drugs are really a poor solution in most cases.  What really helps me is music, listening or playing.  Music has got me through some really rough times but it doesn't always work unfortunately.  Having a routiene that is based around healthy eating and exercise has made a huge difference.

Happy week before your birthday!

wow, QFT  :awesomenod:

do not take too much drugs,eat well, meet people and you'll slowly heal.go easy dude :sun:

InvisibleMeteloides
Clinically Expressed

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15462426 - 12/04/11 01:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
You're situation sounds similar to mine in many ways eerily.  I feel like I missed out on an important part of life due to being unwell(poisoned or schizophrenic?).  I feel like things will never get better and that life is essentially meaningless and I find no joy in anything.  Things seem to have plateaued at meaninglessness.  Like you I have no motivation and haven't read a book in like 3 years.  All I do is listen to music.  Music is the only thing that remotely gives me joy.  Even my beloved video games have lost their fun factor for me.  I've gotten a brain scan and everything looked normal on it.  Be careful about going down the medication route as some of them will turn you into a libido-less zombie.  I've been looking into things like piracetam and some ADD meds to possibly make me feel more "normal" and motivated to do stuff.  If I find something that helps me I'll be sure to let you know and if you find something be sure to let me know.:smile:  I'm 22 1/2.

Piracetam, Soy Lecithin, Micronized Resveratrol, and some potent multivitamins.
Thats the concoction that put me back together after a long and severe case of HPPD.
:heart:

--------------------
:smoking:

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15462798 - 12/04/11 05:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know if you guys are really schizophrenic or not... i don't really know any of you short of reading some of your posts from time to time... but there's a huge difference between schizophrenia and drug induced psychosis or mild brain injury, all of which can be healed... i know, i've been there, i've lived with schizoaffective disorder for eight years and i understand madness... my wife was told i'd never recover again and here i am, about ready to take on the world again... life doesn't have to be meaningless or an epic struggle and a simple thing like anxiety is squat... you have to take care of your body, in every way... you have to be willing to live your life outside the box to do so... there are so things in our diets that fuck us over and even main stream medicine is totally oblivious to it all... there's so many things i can share with all of you, but i'm not really sure even where to start... the only thing i can say is take care of your body, that is critical, it's where all bad things come from in our lives... all of you can beat this easily but you have to really want it deep down or it might not ever happen...

The Naked And Famous~~~Young Blood

Kensho :psychsplit:

Offlinecuongtbh
Fellow Tripper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne
Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: cateyes]
    #15468109 - 12/05/11 05:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've sort of been where you've been. After 2-3 bad LSD trips, I haven't quite felt the same ever since. I feel very isolated and alone, the depression is sometimes overwhelming but I'm still hanging on. I reckon time will heal all, just treat your body and mind right, lay off the drugs and most of all, think positive!
Peace.

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: cuongtbh]
    #15470519 - 12/05/11 05:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks everyone.

Someone else made a big point of me being hard on myself IRL.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! :laugh:

Whether or not it's actually schizophrenia is a mystery to me too. I may have been put in that category, is all. That's why I say residual. Shit gets confusing and simply "whack" from time to time though.

Definitely smacked my head on the ground good though... :frown: I mean I'm still all there I just have this speech problem that's slowly, slowly improving.

Here's a quote I just read, maybe I will benefit from it:

“For each individual mind there is an optimal level of stimulation. The more intelligent and the more developed the brain, the higher level of stimulation is absolutely necessary to make it feel right. An intelligent brain craves stimulation the way a gambler craves roulette. It seeks stimulation by picking up puzzles to solve, problems to uncover, ideas to examine, patterns to discern, contradictions to catch and resolve.  What happens when the brain is understimulated with too little mental feed? The result is boredom, ennui, restlessness, irritability, and depression.” - Piechowski

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
    #15472219 - 12/05/11 10:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

also i'd like to point out, don't treat yourself like you have a mental disorder and you won't have one... simple as that

just focus on being healthy :thumbup:

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: Meteloides]
    #15472226 - 12/05/11 10:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Meteloides said:
Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:

Thats the concoction that put me back together after a long and severe case of HPPD.

piracetam is some good shit man. i've been on and off it for a couple years or so now :thumbup: you still take it?

--------------------
i love you

InvisibleMeteloides
Clinically Expressed

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: owls]
    #15472252 - 12/05/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

owls said:
Quote:

Meteloides said:
Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:

piracetam is some good shit man. i've been on and off it for a couple years or so now :thumbup: you still take it?

Oh yeah. I vary my dose according to my school schedule, but I still take it every day.
Its one of the most remarkable chemicals I've come across. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleowls
just let go!

#15472268 - 12/05/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Meteloides said:

true that. so what's your regimen generally like?

back when i started i used to take 6g a day usually.. with choline citrate. eventually i realized the choline citrate was making me feel kinda shitty. nowadays i'll generally take 1, 2g a day at the very very most. anymore than that seems to be counterproductive. i have been meaning to pick up some soy lecithin tho to see how it interacts. maybe it would allow me to take more again, who knows. i hear it's common to only need a gram a day or so after long term use tho

--------------------
i love you

InvisibleMeteloides
Clinically Expressed

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: owls]
    #15472340 - 12/05/11 11:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

owls said:
Quote:

Meteloides said:

back when i started i used to take 6g a day usually.. with choline citrate. eventually i realized the choline citrate was making me feel kinda shitty. nowadays i'll generally take 1, 2g a day at the very very most. anymore than that seems to be counterproductive. i have been meaning to pick up some soy lecithin tho to see how it interacts. maybe it would allow me to take more again, who knows. i hear it's common to only need a gram a day or so after long term use tho

I'm pretty sensitive to it, so I've never actually exceeded 3 grams in a day.
Every morning, I take a teaspoon of Soy Lecithin and an 800mg cap of Piracetam.
On school days, I sip coca tea throughout the day. The two potentiate each other very well.
On work days, I'll supplement another 800mg Piracetam 3.5 hours after the first dose.
And when I'm running 24+ hours with no sleep, I end up taking 3 800mg capsules throughout the day as i need it.

I was really surprised by how much the Soy Lecithin helped me out. It totally eliminated all the minor headaches Piracetam used to give me, and made the effects much more pronounced. I definitely recommend getting some. :rocket:

--------------------

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15472514 - 12/05/11 11:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Meteloides said:
Quote:

owls said:
Quote:

Meteloides said:

On school days, I sip coca tea throughout the day. The two potentiate each other very well.
On work days, I'll supplement another 800mg Piracetam 3.5 hours after the first dose.
And when I'm running 24+ hours with no sleep, I end up taking 3 800mg capsules throughout the day as i need it.

I was really surprised by how much the Soy Lecithin helped me out. It totally eliminated all the minor headaches Piracetam used to give me, and made the effects much more pronounced. I definitely recommend getting some. :rocket:

alpha-gpc is the best form of choline that passes the blood brain barrier the best... cpd-choline is the next best and is cheaper then alpha-gpc... i used and am considering to reuse cpd-choline with paracetam... the maximum recommend dosage for paracetam is 3.2 grams and i read and use it at a 2:1 ratio with cpd-choline... there are new analogues of paracetam that are supposed to be more effective and require lower doses... choline citrate has difficulties passing the blood brain barrier if it can even pass iot at all or at least that's what i've read... if it's true that it can't cross the blood brain barrier i'm surprised you guys are seeing results at all... seriously... choline citrate is used for other processes in the body though and the citrate form works well for it... citrate is is cheaper then gpc and cpd...

i developed problems with paracetam though... after long term use i began to develop tremors and the schools physician said she saw this problems many times before and said it was the paracetam... i tried to stop it, but it made things worse and i had to go back on it... a neurologist placed me on a tremor med and weened me off of paracetam... be careful with it, especially if you use at high doses over long periods of time...

(edit) i just joined this forum this week...

LONGECITY FORUMS: is short-term effect of choline source indicative of its long-term eff

Edited by cateyes (12/06/11 12:20 AM)

InvisibleMeteloides
Clinically Expressed

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: cateyes]
    #15472631 - 12/06/11 12:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cateyes said:
Quote:

Meteloides said:
Quote:

owls said:
Quote:

Meteloides said:

alpha-gpc is the best form of choline that passes the blood brain barrier the best... cpd-choline is the next best and is cheaper then alpha-gpc... i used and started to reuse cpd-choline with paracetam... the maximum recommend dosage for paracetam is 3.2 grams and i read and use it at a 2:1 ratio with cpd-choline... choline citrate has difficulties passing the blood brain barrier if it can even pass iot at all or at least that's what i've read... if it's true that it can't cross the blood brain barrier i'm surprised you guys are seeing results at all... seriously... choline citrate is used for other processes in the body though and the citrate form works well for it... citrate is is cheaper then gpc and cpd...

i developed problems with paracetam though... after long term use i began to develop tremors and the schools physician said she saw this problems many times before and said it was the paracetam... i tried to stop it, but it made things worse and i had to go back on it... a neurologist placed me on a tremor med and weened me off of paracetam... be careful with it, especially if you use at high doses over long periods of time...

Alpha GPC? Sounds like I'll have to pick some of that up this week. :grin:

I did some research into the tremors associated with high dose Piracetam before I bought any. As far as I could tell, it happened either in people with a history of seizures, or in those who were taking very high doses (usually exceeding 7-10g per day).
In all but one of the cases I came across, the tremors went away less than 6 months after cessation of consumption. The exception was one person who was taking, if I remember correctly, 14 or so grams per day and the tremors had persisted past the 6 month mark.

How long did you use? What was your average daily dosage? And did the tremors stop soon after it was all out of your system?
I don't mean to pepper you with questions. I just believe there is far too little research done on this chem, and everyone's personal experiences with it are very welcome. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15472909 - 12/06/11 01:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Meteloides said:
Alpha GPC? Sounds like I'll have to pick some of that up this week. :grin:

I did some research into the tremors associated with high dose Piracetam before I bought any. As far as I could tell, it happened either in people with a history of seizures, or in those who were taking very high doses (usually exceeding 7-10g per day).
In all but one of the cases I came across, the tremors went away less than 6 months after cessation of consumption. The exception was one person who was taking, if I remember correctly, 14 or so grams per day and the tremors had persisted past the 6 month mark.

How long did you use? What was your average daily dosage? And did the tremors stop soon after it was all out of your system?
I don't mean to pepper you with questions. I just believe there is far too little research done on this chem, and everyone's personal experiences with it are very welcome. :smile:

i used 3.2 grams for between 1 1/2 to 2 years... the highest recommended dosage at the time was 3.2 grams, it may have changed... like i said i was placed on a tremor med and weened off of paracetam pretty quickly(2 weeks) because i was on the tremor med and weened of the med about two months later... i had no problems afterwords... whether i could have stopped the tremor med sooner, i'm not sure, but at that point in time i followed the doctors instructions completely because the tremors were that significant... i've had tremors from psyche meds and they were nothing like the one's i experienced on paracetam...

i hope this helps you... good luck man...

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

#15499454 - 12/11/11 11:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, man. Did you read my PM?

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Traumatic brain injury and residual schizophrenia [Re: yeah]
    #15501468 - 12/11/11 07:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry mate, check your inbox. :smile:

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale