Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFlozart
Earthling
Male

Loc: FEMA ZONE X Flag
Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH
    #15351110 - 11/10/11 04:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thursday, November 10, 2011
AMHERST - University of Massachusetts police had a visible presence outside Sunday night's Furthur concert at the Mullins Center, with cruisers, mounted patrols and uniformed personnel, but it didn't stop people from attempting to sell illegal substances.

Seven individuals, none of them UMass students, were arrested before and after the performance in areas surrounding the concert venue for possession of various drugs, including mushrooms, LSD, nitrous oxide, hashish, marijuana and cocaine, according to police.

"Overall, the large crowd that came were well behaved and the vast majority had a good time and were cooperative with us," said Deputy Police Chief Patrick Archbald. "Like at most events, 99 percent of the folks are fine and having a good time."

The first arrests were made at 5:19 p.m. in the area concertgoers call Shakedown Street, where vendors set up in Lot 12 north of the Mullins to sell a variety of crafts and food. Police have determined that it also serves as a place for drug sales, Archbald said. Undercover officers executed hand-to-hand drug buys from two men there, he said.

Craig Damon, 24, and Jacob White, 22, both of Derry, N.H., were arrested on charges of possession of a class B substance, LSD, and two counts of possession with intent to distribute a class B substance, LSD, according to Archbald.

White was also arrested on a charge of possession of a class C substance, hashish, Archbald said.

Officers confiscated 80 hits of LSD and six vials of hashish, as well as $850, Archbald said.

At 6:53 p.m. in the same area, undercover officers purchased psilocybin mushrooms from Nathanial R. Bryant, 26, of Guilford, Conn., according to Archbald. When Bryant was told he was being arrested on a charge of possession of a class C substance, and two counts of possession of a class C substance with intent to distribute, he fled, jumping into crowds of people, Archbald said. He was subsequently arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, according to Archbald. He said police confiscated nine bags of mushrooms and $216 in cash from Bryant.

A traffic stop conducted at 6:07 p.m. on Commonwealth Avenue for a vehicle traveling without headlights led to the arrest of Michael Malerba, 21, of Feeding Hills, Archbald said. When officers approached Malerba's vehicle, they detected an odor of marijuana and saw an empty beer can, he said. A subsequent search of the car turned up five ounces of marijuana, numerous hits of LSD and white powder residue believed to be cocaine, along with $330 in cash tied in a rubber band, said Archbald.

Malerba was arrested on charges of possession of a class B substance, LSD, possession with intent to distribute a class D substance, marijuana, and two counts of possession of a class B substance, cocaine, Archbald said.

At 7:24 p.m., officers observed five teenagers near a vehicle across the street, and identified one as being underage, according to Archbald. When he tried to hide a beer in the vehicle, Archbald said, Tyler L. Marsland, 19, of Hopkinton, was arrested on a charge of possession with intent to distribute a class D substance, marijuana, and being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Several clear plastic bags along with a digital scale were all in the vehicle, Archbald said.

After the Furthur show ended at 11:18 p.m., a vendor was arrested when he was acting suspiciously as he was getting into a vehicle parked across the street, Archbald said. Officers, he said, detected the smell of marijuana and a K9 unit got repeated alerts to the drug's presence. Inside the van was a trash barrel with plastic bags and a green leafy substance, Archbald said, at which time Mario D. Ramsey, 28, of Stockton, N.J., was arrested on a charge of possession with intent to distribute a class D substance.

http://www.gazettenet.com/2011/11/10/police-make-drug-arrests-outside-furthur-concert-at-mullins-center

Finally, Monday at 12:18 a.m., police officers observed a line forming next to a vehicle parked in Lot 12, with a woman inside the vehicle filling and handing out balloons with nitrous oxide, Archbald said.

Chanel Compare, 26, of Westbrook, Maine, was arrested on charges of possession with intent to distribute drug paraphernalia and selling a substance with toxic vapors, he said.

Two large bags of balloons and $1,560 in cash, along with the tank, were confiscated, he said.

Archbald said about 20 nitrous oxide tanks were located in the area of the Mullins Center Sunday night, but people using them would scatter when police approached.

--------------------
F|_oZ@|^T
sometimes you just gotta shake it!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblep_walter
Lurker
 User Gallery

Loc: Irrelevant
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Flozart] * 2
    #15351562 - 11/10/11 05:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"Like at most events, 99 percent of the folks are fine and having a good time."

So does that mean I'm part of the 1% now? :feelsbadman:

--------------------
Coaster said: so i got free drug coupons witch u floozies refer to as "money"....

Offlinelaruta_21
twat tickler
 User Gallery

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: p_walter]
    #15352983 - 11/10/11 10:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

p_walter said:
Quote:

So does that mean I'm part of the 1% now? :feelsbadman:

No the 1 % is the cops who arent high

Offlinet3476stz
Stranger
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Flozart] * 2
    #15353179 - 11/10/11 11:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh for the good old days! I remember when Narcs used to try to make busts at outdoor concerts, everyone would beat the hell out of them for awhile then send them away lucky to escape with their lives. No busts at those concerts!

Old School Stoner

Getting higher since '73

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: t3476stz]
    #15353596 - 11/11/11 12:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:sad:

Offlinebeandip
mycelium
Male

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: dwpineal]
    #15353954 - 11/11/11 03:07 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds straight nasty in those parts. A truly excellent use of public funds and manpower to stop those dastardly Further attendees.

Invisiblebait_
AllSpice
I'm a teapot
Loc: This Cannot Be Happening Flag
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: beandip]
    #15354303 - 11/11/11 07:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Finally, Monday at 12:18 a.m., police officers observed a line forming next to a vehicle parked in Lot 12, with a woman inside the vehicle filling and handing out balloons with nitrous oxide, Archbald said.

Chanel Compare, 26, of Westbrook, Maine, was arrested on charges of possession with intent to distribute drug paraphernalia and selling a substance with toxic vapors, he said.

arrest every clown and gas station owner then...

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Flozart]
    #15354320 - 11/11/11 07:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This makes me mega-cranky.  :megapsycrankey:  :megapsycrankey:  :megapsycrankey:

Fucking cops!  :cop:  Why can't they just leave folks alone to have some victimless, harmless fun???  :shrug:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineRevolutionine
number9..number9..num
Male

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Nature Boy]
    #15354458 - 11/11/11 08:17 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

daaaamn furthur played at umass on sunday!? and their was lsd!? dammit i shoulda been there :frown:

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

OfflineAUX
Entheogenist

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Revolutionine]
    #15354529 - 11/11/11 08:45 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The other 1% was having a blast too until you arrested them...

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: AUX]
    #15354738 - 11/11/11 09:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Meanwhile on the other side of town street gangs report record crack and heroine sales due to lack of police presence, the report said.

"Yeah, it was like deys to scared to come to our side ah town. I made me like $1200 dollars pushing rocks then raped some bitch just cuz i could" said one gangster.

Edited by dressel11 (11/11/11 09:43 AM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: dressel11]
    #15354910 - 11/11/11 10:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:lolsy:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleEarth Child

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Flozart]
    #15355016 - 11/11/11 10:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

When the thugs confiscate money, do they take all the money in the person's possession, or how does that work?

--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.

My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Earth Child]
    #15355040 - 11/11/11 10:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Earth Child said:
When the thugs confiscate money, do they take all the money in the person's possession, or how does that work?

I'm pretty sure if you're arrested for selling drugs and have any sizable amount of money, they confiscate it.

In Florida they will take your money regardless and use it to "pay for your stay" in the lovely county jail.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleEarth Child

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Adamist]
    #15355051 - 11/11/11 11:01 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
In Florida they will take your money regardless

Yea, I've heard some bad news about the police in florida.

What do you mean by regardless? Like if you're not selling, but just have enough to land you in jail, they'll take it

--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.

My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

Offlinesyriss999
Stranger

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: Earth Child]
    #15355547 - 11/11/11 01:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I was just at the Furthur concert last night at MSG and there was a lot of cops busting people there as well.  Right before walking into the concert I saw a guy get thrown against a wall and searched because they heard he was selling weed....guess what? They searched him and NOTHING was on him.

Plus there were a LOT of undercover cops there, sporting furthur shirts, ripped jeans, sandals etc- really trying to look the part. Several people right before the show got arrested. (word was cops were going around trying to buy doses)

Thankfully, once we were inside it was a whole different story.  The entire MSG was completely boxed out, and I was smoking right next to security who didnt care at all.

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: syriss999]
    #15356774 - 11/11/11 05:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Archbald said about 20 nitrous oxide tanks were located in the area of the Mullins Center Sunday night, but people using them would scatter when police approached.

:rofl: brings back fond memories

Poor kids getting busted, really sucks that the narcs have to put SOME MUCH effort into confiscating some doses and mushrooms :shrug: what a fucking waste

:peace::gd_icon:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Police make drug arrests outside Furthur concert at Mullins Center By SCOTT MERZBACH [Re: dressel11]
    #15358803 - 11/12/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dressel11 said:
Meanwhile on the other side of town street gangs report record crack and heroine sales due to lack of police presence, the report said.

"Yeah, it was like deys to scared to come to our side ah town. I made me like $1200 dollars pushing rocks then raped some bitch just cuz i could" said one gangster.

That's a very rude and ignorant thing to say.

People selling hard drugs are not just wantonly raping people.

Cocaine dealers are like alcohol vendors.  The sooner people understand that, the sooner this whole thing will implode.

Also, there is nothing wrong with someone speaking in a vernacular that isn't one's own.  Attempting to imitate it and "dumb things down" makes one look classist, and perhaps even racist.  Certainly bigoted.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale