Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinefourHoDmt
overclock yourbrain

texas and south central US hunting questions...
    #1503085 - 04/29/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

active mushrooms found in texas:  psilocybe cubensis, panaeolus subbalteatus
cubes found on clearings outside forested areas, cow/horse dung, rich soil pastures, straw, compostish junk.  p.S found in open ground, freshly manured lawns, straw piles, compost, dung.

^^ that's just up there so you know i read the faq's.  now my questions are for more experienced hunters in texas and in the south central US area:

in which of these above listed habitats have you had luck actually finding active mushrooms?  any luck in urban areas or would you say that the chances of finding actives are greater in more rural areas?

also a guy i work with mentioned something to me about the manure of cows and horses that are fed corn being more likely to serve as a substrate for actives.  can anyone confirm / deny this?

thank you very much in advance :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: texas and south central US hunting questions... [Re: fourHoDmt]
    #1503120 - 04/29/03 01:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you find the best shit, in shit. peace-

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: texas and south central US hunting questions... [Re: whole9]
    #1503316 - 04/29/03 03:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i dont know about the corn thing. but i do know that you wont find shit in the citys. you are going to want to look in cow shit. cubes and panealous/copelandia(these two genera are the same thing) cyanascens will grow there. now that i look at your loc. i think it will be hard to find copes that far from the gulf but you never know. both these species grow from the shit. there is a section of the faq with pics and descriptions that is very good go read that now. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: texas and south central US hunting questions... [Re: blaze2]
    #1506023 - 04/29/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

indeeed

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

Re: texas and south central US hunting questions... [Re: cube421]
    #1506147 - 04/29/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, and to think I've passed up thousands of panaeolus (copelandias) in cow fields and didn't think about 'em enough to realize what they were!

We even picked a bunch one night cuz they were in cow shit, but it was a while back and I was much less informed than I am today - ended up throwin out about a half pound of 'em. :frown:

O well - still got my cubies :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: texas and south central US hunting questions... [Re: Rustik]
    #1506337 - 04/29/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

where do you live rustik? there are non active pans like antillum and such maybe you had some of those. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate