Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow with pictures. Updated with lots of additional pics! Partial harvest.
    #14927686 - 08/15/11 07:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I originally was going to make this my 1,000th post but unfortunately I got carried away and before I knew it I was well past it.

Anywho, these are Cambodian strain. My other 2 grows have been Panama I know cubes are cubes but some of you guys really like to know. For those of you who missed it here are a few pictures from that grow.

I had a large issue when I went to birth these 4 new jars with a bacterial contamination. They had the splotches of yellowish brown yuckiness on them and smelled to high heaven of sweet apples/dirty socks.

I am so glad to say that the smell has subsided 100% and is now smelling tasty and mushroomy. :awetongue:
As far as any physical evidence goes of the contamination goes I can't really see it since the cakes are covered in verm but I can only hope it went away with the smell.

I've only got one cake that's fruiting at the moment and it was my fastest jar to colonize. I let all of my jars consolidate for a week and then some more until they started pinning. I'll be sure to update as the others start their fruiting process. There are some baby pins on there but who wants to see those. :shrug:

Here's the results of my labor thus far though and I'm quite happy with it because I know it could be much worse.

WARNING WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC, PARENTAL DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Okay just kidding but I cannot advise new growers anymore to not pick up your cakes. It's a bad habit but I find it hard to care some times as do most people.

I noticed the cake was starting to have a playa lean to it so I decided to investigate. I found some massssive hyphal knots forming underneath my cake. I just wish they would of picked a better spot to form! :feelsbadman: Looks a little on the green side too but I'm less than worried.

I know it's not that exciting but who doesn't love to share their mycological adventures.

:kenthumbup:

Thanks to everyone who has helped me along with all of my grows past and present. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the shroomery and all of the great people here.

Happy growing to all!

:awetrippie:

24 hour update.

They're growing up nice and good. :awetongue: About to reach lighter status on the biggest one in there.

New pin set on a newly birthed cake. I will never birth a jar again unless it's pinning in vitro already. I cannot recommend it anymore to noobies to the Pf Tek.

Ugly green/yellow bumps. I'm assuming these knots are just drying out and bruising at the same time making it turn greenish. I've never considered flipping a cake for pins until now. Anyone want to voice their opinion on if they think these knots will turn to primordia?

Woke up this morning and noticed it was time for a partial harvest. :awesomenod:

These are the meatiest stems from Pf Tek so far. I was happy that the stem didn't just squeeze flat and fought against me hard so I took a picture of the cross section.

***UPDATE 8/19***

So, I spore printed my panama's from the top of the page and made my room mate a syringe roughly 2 1/2 weeks ago. He went ahead and bought some jars because he wanted in on the mycology madness. For not following any tek's just my advice he is doing amazingly well on his 2 cakes.

Apparently I'm a noob and he's an expert or he won the MS genetics lottery. His fruiting chamber is a MJ cloning chamber with no holes in it except the bottom that I drilled and the top vents that open. I really must say I'm envious of his grow and amazing pin sets. Either way he's still a padawan and I'm still  :yoda2:

Here's the pictures, feel free to stare in awe!  :aweshift: Just know the pictures hardly do it justice. It's pinning on all sides like crazy.

I must say he's a son of a bitch but I might be switching from my SGFC to the cloning chamber instead if this happens with his next set of cakes.

***8/20 partial harvest***

Took these off of a few cakes.

That's all for today.
:jefferson:

Edited by VaeVictum (08/20/11 04:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLord Toranaga
Daimyo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Moon
Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: VaeVictum]
    #14927759 - 08/15/11 07:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'll be the first to :murray: this mothra focker!

Those cakes look :borat: man

Those are the ones that stunk to high heaven?? I'd be scared to eat them, but if the smell went away, that seems encouraging...:Awesketch:

Either way, beautiful fruit, and printing opportunities, eh?

--------------------
The ending of sorrow is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge is always within the shadow of ignorance. Meditation is freedom from thought and a movement in the ecstasy of truth. Meditation is explosion of intelligence.
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
                        Lid Tek Ghetto Bulk Dryer Tek

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: Lord Toranaga]
    #14927778 - 08/15/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lord Toranaga said:
I'll be the first to :murray: this mothra focker!

EDIT: I like how Godzilla is like "whoa mothra focker" in this picture.

I'll definitely be printing them and am always open for trades and since you're working on agar finally I'll be sure to get you one.

RR gave the go ahead on the bacterial contaminated cake grow. Just don't eat the fruits fresh and fully dry them or make them into mushroom tea to rid it of any bacteria that might come back to kick me in the ass.

Edited by VaeVictum (08/15/11 07:19 PM)

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'll be where I'm at
Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: VaeVictum]
    #14927804 - 08/15/11 07:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I know for a fact that bacteria contam doesnt leach onto the fruit bodies from the sub.  Your only worry is if you have a bacteria contam on your fruits.  Like I said to you earlier Im glad some one kicked contams ass :super:

Congrats on the 1000th post

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Loc: U.S. Flag
Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #14927820 - 08/15/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nice grow man! It seems like everyday i see your name you have another 100 posts in your post count lol.

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

InvisiblePar

#14927835 - 08/15/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:costanza:

Your Panama cluster looks amazing, and does this flush of Cambodia; my cakes smell after dunking them at room temperature, soon the odor subsides.

Edited by Par (08/15/11 07:25 PM)

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: Fungus_monk]
    #14927859 - 08/15/11 07:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:
I know for a fact that bacteria contam doesnt leach onto the fruit bodies from the sub.  Your only worry is if you have a bacteria contam on your fruits.  Like I said to you earlier Im glad some one kicked contams ass :super:

Someone had to show that contam what was up. :paradisiscoolwhat:

Thanks a bunch, I hope one day to reach UG grow status. Until that day comes I'll just be caking it up. :thumbup:

@Par, these stunk right out of the jar though and could even be smelled through the dry verm layer. -sad face-

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

#14927898 - 08/15/11 07:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:

Someone had to show that contam what was up. :paradisiscoolwhat:

Thanks a bunch, I hope one day to reach UG grow status. Until that day comes I'll just be caking it up. :thumbup:

@Par, these stunk right out of the jar though and could even be smelled through the dry verm layer. -sad face-

Im nothing much man ive just grown a shroom or two.  You're on your way man you are constantly learning just need some more experience which it seems you're working towards too.  You just need to learn some more diplomacy so that you dont have 4 ppl ignoring you in a 1,000 posts and you can reach far

InvisiblePar

Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #14927918 - 08/15/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Whatever it may be the fruit look spectacular, plus third time's a charm :wink:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#14927921 - 08/15/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Someone has to be the resident asshole. :hamsterdance:

J/k, I'll take that to heart though. I really do appreciate it man. I'm actually getting a PC and plan to move to grains in the very very near future. Look out for VV bulk grow 1.0.

:awetrippie:

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

#14927952 - 08/15/11 07:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I dont mean to call you out like that man I apologize.  I personally like you and def look forward to your first bulk grow.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#14927984 - 08/15/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

LMFAO, sometimes you're just really too kind UG. I know I need to be called out but I just get frustrated with some of the noobs around here and just how far off they really are. Y'know?
:tard:

I'll turn to you for advice first though and can't go wrong with a mentor like yourself. Thanks again for everything you've done for me and everyone around here. I have a few lessons to learn in manors though from you before I even get to the bulk grows.

Edited by VaeVictum (08/15/11 07:42 PM)

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

#14927998 - 08/15/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
LMFAO, sometimes you're just really too kind UG. I know I need to be called out but I just get frustrated with some of the noobs around here and just how far off they really are. Y'know?
:tard:

I'll turn to you for advice first though and can't go wrong with a mentor like yourself. Thanks again for everything you've done for me and everyone around here. I have a few lessons to learn in manors though from you before I even get to the bulk grows.

Ill :pm: you a little secret about myself

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#14928010 - 08/15/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My eyes will be peeled for it.

:datass:

What could it possibly be!

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

#14928055 - 08/15/11 07:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#14928166 - 08/15/11 08:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

OMFG WHY DID YOU SEND ME PICTURES OF YOUR PENIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111ONE

Lol just playing but I know something you guys don't know now. But however...

Edited by VaeVictum (08/15/11 08:10 PM)

InvisiblePar

#14928187 - 08/15/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:lolsy:

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: Par]
    #14928231 - 08/15/11 08:14 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:epenis:

InvisibleLord Toranaga
Daimyo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Moon
    #14928281 - 08/15/11 08:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
EDIT: I like how Godzilla is like "whoa mothra focker" in this picture.

:ahahaha: That's fucking hilarious, especially that you whipped it out so quick :shoosh:

Quote:

I'll definitely be printing them and am always open for trades and since you're working on agar finally I'll be sure to get you one.

I'm down broski.

Quote:

RR gave the go ahead on the bacterial contaminated cake grow. Just don't eat the fruits fresh and fully dry them or make them into mushroom tea to rid it of any bacteria that might come back to kick me in the ass.

:themoreyouknow:

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
I know something you guys don't know now.

No fair!:angrykidface::alot:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: VV's 3rd Pf Tek grow. Pics inside and a story about my stupid bacterial contam. [Re: Lord Toranaga]
    #14928399 - 08/15/11 08:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That was far too much shit to quote and clean up. PM sent your way though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract