Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
I'm terrified of DMT.
    #14723538 - 07/06/11 12:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

But I still want to try it.  I freaked the fuck out on my first ego death experience with Psilocin (shrooms).  I didn't exactly go kicking and screaming but I felt enough discomfort to turn me off of psychedelics for quite some time.  I've still consumed/am still open to LSD but any other psychedelic where I'm not in control makes me wary.  I've listened to various Rogan accounts and similar stories, but it just sounds too intense for me to enjoy/learn anything from.

I'm looking to know if:

1) I should even do this at all?

2) Will it benefit me or just put me off to psychedelics even more?

3) How would I prepare for it, if at all?

It sounds like a profound experience that I must try at some point in my life but I'm not completely sure I'm ready/willing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Newbie] * 1
    #14723601 - 07/06/11 12:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well..I mean it is the most intense of all psychedelics. But it seems that in my experience and a lot of others that I know of that when you get deep enough into the trip it strips the fear away, leaving you only as a watcher.

I've never gotten scared on DMT (even though I do get nervous sometimes when I'm about to smoke some), but it's just so awe inspiring and ridiculous.

I feel like sub-breakthrough doses tend to have a lot more anxiety than going all the way for some reason.

Plus the fact that it only lasts like 7-10 minutes is a pro in case something does go wrong.

So yeah you should try it, just don't psyche yourself out too much, you just gotta dive in if you wanna try it.

:shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Newbie]
    #14723636 - 07/06/11 12:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The sheer beauty of it vaporizes any fear present after a while. The key is to just let it happen.

--------------------

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Eminence]
    #14723702 - 07/06/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

1) I should even do this at all?

That's all you man.

You answered that yourself in the question :smile:
YOU SHOULD. Nah not really. It's all you mean. No one OUGHT to be doing these drugs, but they do benefit those who use them as tools. DMT is my favorite hallucinogen... over about 2 years I have done it at least 50 times (not all breakthrough experiences, mind you) with varying dosages and very different results.

2) Will it benefit me or just put me off to psychedelics even more? Again, all you. Who is to say what effect this drug will have on you? It COULD make you hate psychedelics again as DMT has a scary side along with all the other drugs, but IME (im not too experienced with "breakthrough" doses, but don't get caught up on that word) I found it to be VERY euphoric.

It comes up fast, so get ready.

3) How would I prepare for it, if at all? Meditate, clear your mind. Personally, I like to meditate just for 30 seconds to 5 minutes before the experience, not thinking ANYTHING. Not preparing myself or calming myself or anything. Just pure calm clarity of the mind. Then I go into it.

It's one of those drugs you won't want to have an OBE or experience beyond the "veil" or whatever you want to "Define" it as your first time. Work with the chemical.

My work with the chemical (Along with others' analyses) showed me that INTENTION is a big part of it. If you go into it just to see pretty colors it is not worth it. Intention makes the trip what it is. If you get DMT randomly one night and dose up your intention isn't as pure as if you would have meditated on the thought of the trip for days to weeks prior.

If you can't come up with an intention to bring into the trip, perhaps to learn, gain insight into a life situation, or feel Cosmic Consciousness, then come with LOVE and GRATITUDE. This makes it easy for going into a trip.

The word "love" is something I hum during very difficult experiences. I hum in a very weird way. At many different pithces and volumes, and it pulls me out of the absolute most frightening places.

Take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm not a very articulate individual, but I am familiar with the states this thing produces.

TIPS:
Smoke slowly.
Before you hit it breathe in as deep as you can (enough to where you literally can't) and hold it for a second, then release alllllll the air out of your lungs. Repeat this a few times then take a few calm breaths and THEN start to inhale.

Smoke slowly

I'm sure you know about lighting it so I won't get into that, but make sure to hold them in as long as you can and if you want the type of experience I "define" as a "Breakthrough" what I personally do is take 1 hit past my comfort level.

You WILL say "i feel really weird" and shit will start to happen and you might want to put the pipe down, but in my experience take another big rip after that.

I really love the stuff so I hope this wasn't a bore to read if you read :smile:

I'm making some as we speak actually lol. Haven't done it in a few months, and before that it was a year.

One thing though, do NOT bring fear of previous trips into it. There has been times where I had a familiar feeling of the trip taking me to a very bad place (a place I dreaded on DMT) and I became frantic and wanted it to stop.

I went back to that place a year later and felt immense fear, but I remembered to hum love and KNOW that nothing can hurt me and I am alright. I didn't even think, just hummed love. The "Evil" looking beings that were looking like they would destroy me started changing more rapidly when I chanted Love, and then after a few seconds of me getting used to that the entire trip was peaceful.

I made peace with my old state. (In my trip I lived a 6 month experience in this other realm and it started to repeat itself over and over). I overdid it though. I had some caapi leaves mixed with 130 mg of DMT and i listend to a shamanic icaro. The Icaro showed me that the place I went to is a place that I HAD to go to and that the trip itself was a synchronization. That didn't stop me from being paranoid for a few hours after, and not feeling normal for a few days.

I can rant and rant and rant but I shouldn't. PM me if anything

Hope you enjoy it if you do!(also, the reason I say clear your mind and DON'T think before the trip is because if you "think" on the drug, it will take away from the experience. That's what is meant by not giving into astonishment. When you think, you take yourself out of the moment to view a mental projection, if only for a few seconds, at least in my OPINION and based on the life I choose to live)

Peace and love.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Angel_Above]
    #14723927 - 07/06/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

IMO DMT isn't about "enjoying" it... it's just a crazy ass trip. It's weirdly euphoric yet also incredibly strange, scary, and uncomfortable. Like licking God's asshole...

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineiDmt
Humbled
Male

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #14723961 - 07/06/11 02:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Kids, smoking dmt is bad...:mmmkay:

Jk, i'd say everyone should experience it at least once

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: iDmt]
    #14724166 - 07/06/11 04:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

One HUGE tip for preparing.......get a sitter for your first time. Seriously. You seem to be psyching yourself out from the get go saying your terrified of something sometimes means your not ready for it yet or maybe your way overdue. Who knows? Fact is start with low doses and have a sitter. Oh and with 19,000 posts I'm sure you've had to have read plenty of threads on dmt right? I think the bigger question is DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO GAIN OR LEARN FROM DMT?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Edited by Rewindicus (07/06/11 04:42 AM)

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Newbie] * 1
    #14724364 - 07/06/11 06:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

watch it like a movie!

and also, you don't have to go for the break through dose right away, smoke a little bit and see how it goes

and also, i'd rather try something and later regret it, then not experience at all and wish i had've

--------------------

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #14724384 - 07/06/11 06:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

"Watch it like a movie" is the best way to put it man. If you wanna do DMT and have a great fucking time but not scare yourself about little DMT elves and shit like that, then blast off and sit in your chair with your song going and fucking enjoy the ride, and don't think about one second of anything except how fucking guarant-fucking-teed awesome you feel that very moment and the light show that is the cosmos as it blows up in your face.

Sorry dude, I've been trippin' dick, smokin' all teh weeds, drinkin' all teh booze all night. But you understand, hopefully. :peace:

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Joolz]
    #14724392 - 07/06/11 06:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
"Watch it like a movie" is the best way to put it man. If you wanna do DMT and have a great fucking time but not scare yourself about little DMT elves and shit like that, then blast off and sit in your chair with your song going and fucking enjoy the ride, and don't think about one second of anything except how fucking guarant-fucking-teed awesome you feel that very moment and the light show that is the cosmos as it blows up in your face.

Sorry dude, I've been trippin' dick, smokin' all teh weeds, drinkin' all teh booze all night. But you understand, hopefully. :peace:

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14724536 - 07/06/11 07:41 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'll be getting my first few doses soon. They say nothing can truly prepare you for a heroic dose of smoked dmt. I've seen time stand still and had my consciousness merge with the universe on shrooms. I've seen beautiful visions with closed eyes on salvia. Mescaline is actually my favorite psychedelic atm. Idk exactly what I'm after with dmt. Is it just another drug to conquer? Hmm... I'll soon find out.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #14724538 - 07/06/11 07:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Let me know how it goes.  I'm curious as all hell.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: Newbie]
    #14724543 - 07/06/11 07:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:
Let me know how it goes.  I'm curious as all hell.

Newbie. My advice to you?
Just do it.
I STILL am terrified of DMT
I am terrified before using it every time
:smile:
But its worth it when you actually take it

Don't overthink it
just do it
whats the worst that will happen? It will be over in 5-8 minutes

:mushroom2:

Also:
It is not like ANY of the other psychedelics. So I doubt it will turn you off psychedelics. Its in a realm of its own, totally unique.

--------------------

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K

Edited by Cyclohexylamine (07/06/11 07:45 AM)

OfflineJoolz
Male

#14724555 - 07/06/11 07:50 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've blasted off on some of the best DMT ever, guaranteed. I know the guy who made it and everything, and I've been "there and back" if there ever was all those crazy nights of stories I could recall on.

DMT still speeds up my heart and causes a little panic/euphoria/wonder/mystery in my chest BEFORE I'VE EVEN HIT IT.

I still have to sit down and take a few deep breaths and prepare myself. DMT is a crazy drug, and its something to sit and prepare yourself for, but don't fucking psyche yourself out. Don't over think the things you see or the thoughts you have, as its a crazy 15 minute ride with an hour afterglow. Have fun, enjoy, let go.

--------------------

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

#14724559 - 07/06/11 07:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
I've blasted off on some of the best DMT ever, guaranteed. I know the guy who made it and everything, and I've been "there and back" if there ever was all those crazy nights of stories I could recall on.

DMT still speeds up my heart and causes a little panic/euphoria/wonder/mystery in my chest BEFORE I'VE EVEN HIT IT.

I still have to sit down and take a few deep breaths and prepare myself. DMT is a crazy drug, and its something to sit and prepare yourself for, but don't fucking psyche yourself out. Don't over think the things you see or the thoughts you have, as its a crazy 15 minute ride with an hour afterglow. Have fun, enjoy, let go.

Yeah me too.
As well the first time I took it I felt I was literally dying.
I was like how ironic, a drug I took is killing me and I am powerless to stop it
I felt like my body was being ripped apart
fiber by fiber
it was alot of :feelsbadman:
but then I broke through
and was like
:feelsweirdman:

so was all good :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineJoolz
Male

#14724575 - 07/06/11 07:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

No dude, not for me. DMT was my first psych. I broke through before I did anything after smokin' shittiest weed ever and 3.2% alcohol beer. Then I got some DMT from a friend that I luckily am very much still friends with today. In fact, he's passed out in my house 5 feet from me.

I just strolled on through the whole show, and I remember I was probably 3-4 minutes into my first breakthrough where I finally looked down and realized I couldn't even see my body anymore.

Then an overwhelming sense of warmth flooded my body, and my vision turned into pink and orange visions (had my eyes closed) and shit, and well, I saw heaven and all that good stuff in my head. You know, DMT stuff.

Set and setting, as always, be positive, play a good song, relax, hit it nicely, don't cough, keep hitting it (with oxygen inbetween if needed, although try to finish smoking within a 90 second period imo) till you're at the level you want to be, set the pipe down, and enjoy the show you've setup for yourself.

--------------------

OfflineAmonTobinFan
Stranger
Male

#14724689 - 07/06/11 08:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

No experience with DMT, but for me breaking through with Salvia is just so quick that by the time you have something to be afraid about, you have forgotten what fear was. With both of their onsets and durations being the same for both drugs, you would assume that the DMT equivalent of a Salvia breakthrough would behave the same way.

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: AmonTobinFan]
    #14724783 - 07/06/11 09:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Nah dude. Salvia doesn't produce the same body high and euphoria DMT does. There's a magic in a good blast off that will leave you hugging trees for days.

--------------------

Invisiblewaves

#14724970 - 07/06/11 10:12 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

DMT is incredibly intense, and you are definitely never in control. In my opinion and experience, it is sometimes completely terrifying, some times completely awe-inspiring, sometimes it is right in between.

It is obviously up to you whether you do it or not. I am so glad I will have experienced that before I die though. You only live once. I'd say you should go for it. Life is short.

I definitely benefited from my experience. I felt like a was able to glimpse the unknown...that in between place where we exist before we are born and after we die. It sure made me appreciate being alive more than any other experience I have had.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm terrified of DMT. [Re: waves]
    #14725064 - 07/06/11 10:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I already feel like I've benefited from the experience of other psychedelics; I used to be a very selfish and controlling person and I've done a 180 since then.  I've realized that my actions affect others way more than previously thought, and I know I've become a better person for it.  I'm just curious as to what DMT would teach me beyond that.  Even if it doesn't teach me anything, I'm intensely intrigued by what that experience would be like.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order