Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKaleidoscopeEyeZ
HappyHippie@Heart
Female User Gallery

Loc: tx Flag
DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM??
    #14341002 - 04/23/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Habitat:
Dallas, TX. on the ground nestled next to a tree stump(was cut to the ground)Right next to deciduous woods and a large manicured field in my neighborhood. Their are fertilized lawns close by as well as schools and apartments.

Gills:
A WHOLE BUNCH of'em! beigeish/brown/red tint(fresh),turning very dark as drying. I dont think they were attached directly to the stem, no visible pores when picked, so far the print is a dark rusty brown

Stem:
light tan almost white, smooth, hollow, some thin some thick, spots of rusty orange

Cap:
smooth, conical, beige/tan/brown/rusty

Spore print color:
dark rusty brown

Bruising:
none.

Other information:
faint mushroom smell....will post new pics of prints in a few mins.....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGibson33
Male

Loc: Seattle
Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: KaleidoscopeEyeZ]
    #14341009 - 04/23/11 10:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

no

--------------------

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: Gibson33]
    #14341042 - 04/23/11 10:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gibson33 said:
no

:ilold:

Quote:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12412007

An overview on how to find Psilocybin Mushrooms
Last updated 4/17/2010

The reason for writing this guide is that a large percentage of new mushroom hunters go about the process completely backwards.  Tromping around, picking a random mushroom, and then asking if it is a psychedelic type is a great waste of time for both the hunter and the friendly folks who frequent these boards trying to help ID them.  Randomly picking a mushroom and finding a psychedelic one with no prior knowledge about it is right up there with winning the lottery.  Luckily for us, with a little research and persistence you can increase your odds to “almost certain” if you’re willing to work at it.  Now, I personally love tromping around, picking random mushrooms and trying to figure out what they are, but if your goal is to find a specific type of mushroom, these guidelines will hopefully help.

Step 1:  Know your location.

What state are you in?  Does your state’s climate vary greatly from one area to the next?  (Western vs. Eastern Washington for example.)  Now, make a list of which psilocybin mushrooms grow in your area:  MUSHROOMS BY STATE

Step 2:  Know your mushroom.

Now that you’ve got a list of mushrooms that grow in your area, it’s time to put in a little book learning and effort.  You don’t have to know everything about every mushroom that you’re interested in right now.  Instead, start with researching what season they grow in, and go from there. **Helpful research links provided below**

* Important things to note while reading their descriptions:
    * Where do they grow?  (You think you found P.cubensis in Alaska?  Think again.)
    * What season do they prefer? (Don’t bother looking for P.cyanescens in the middle of a dry and hot summer)
    * What do they grow on? (Conocybe smithii growing out of that tree stump?  Iiiiinteresting....)
    * How rare are they?  (Do you plan on finding a rare species that people haven’t seen in 25 years your first time out?  Go get ‘em Don Quixote!)
    * What are their general physical attributes?  Cap color and shape, length and color of stem, spore print color, color and configuration of gills, etc...  (You think that big orange mushroom with yellow pores is a Liberty Cap?  Really?)

Step 3: Know your excursion.

Armed with all of your new found knowledge, pick a place that you think will yield some likely results and go hunting!.  Cow fields, parks, forests.  Let the mushrooms be your guide.  Use caution and good judgment – I’m neither going to explain what that means nor take responsibility for you doing something dumb in this guide.

Step 4:  Know your camera.

A blurry camera phone shot of a little brown mushroom is the first step to being completely ignored.    Time to get some good photographs of your new find!  Koraks has created a wonderful guide on how to take mushroom pictures located here: Photo Guide.  The main point being, make it in focus, get us some details.  A good picture is worth a 1000 descriptions.

* These are things the identifiers of this board are looking for:
    * Habitat shot:  Let’s see a bit of where the mushroom was growing
    * Cap:  Color, specific details, etc.
    * Gills:  Colors, attachment, configuration.
    * Stem/base: Color, length, ring, volva, etc.

Step 5: Know your spore print.

Spore color is one of the most defining characteristics of a mushroom genus.  It really helps narrow down what mushroom you have in front of you.  For example, the difference between a P.cinctulus, and a P.foeniseciie is almost non-existent, except that the spore color of the former is black, and the latter is brown.  How to make a spore print.

Step 6: Know your posting skills.

Ok, you've got some good pictures and spore print that seems to match up with what you've read about your target mushroom.  Now it's time to see if what you found really is what you think it is.    I strongly suggest that you get a positive ID from a trusted identifier on this board before you even think about putting one of those in your mouth.  To an experienced hunter, certian psilocybes are easy to spot.  To someone who is reading this guide, the difference between a deadly mushroom and a psychoactive one will be subtle.
Section II describes how to post a good ID request: How to post a good request.
Usefull instructions on how to post the pictures you took in the thread:  How to put pictures in my post.

Step 7:  Know this is fun.

Keep at it!  Even if you don't find anything the first few (hundred) tries.  Think of all the excersize, fresh air, and mycology (that's mushrooms) knowledge you're gaining.    This guide easily translates into edible mushrooms too!  Might as well pick some of them up while you're out there.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

InvisibleThe Thinker

Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #14341269 - 04/23/11 11:19 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Not trippy, Coprinopsis

InvisibleKaleidoscopeEyeZ
HappyHippie@Heart
Female User Gallery

Loc: tx Flag
Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: The Thinker]
    #14341354 - 04/23/11 11:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thank You:)

--------------------

Offlinedavide
mycaabe wannologist
Male

Loc: ptown Flag
Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: KaleidoscopeEyeZ]
    #14341701 - 04/24/11 01:05 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

coprinus micaceous

Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria Flag
Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: davide]
    #14341737 - 04/24/11 01:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha i love these threads.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: tizjack]
    #14342154 - 04/24/11 03:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:methisgood: nope

Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ilford, England
Trusted Identifier
Re: DID I FIND A MAGIC MUSHROOM?? [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #14342161 - 04/24/11 04:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"Don't worry Marge, I have a feeling that we're going to win the lottery. Hehehehehe..." - Homer Simpson.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract