Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigNickDigga
Stranger
 User Gallery
I need Professional help identifying Mushrooms,
    #14136498 - 03/17/11 12:21 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

This is my first post, and I'm extremely new at this. Also i suck with descriptions, but im going to try my best so i dont waste anyones time. Any and all help is appreciated, also if theres anything els i can do to make an identification easier/better ask and i will try to oblige.

Habitat: Decaying log, (not sure what kind of tree)
........Where does it grow? Eg. woods, pasture, state, province, country, altitude, etc. What does it grow on? Eg. soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?), etc.

Gills: Whitish, Gills are free from stem (pretty sure at least), has gills
Color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc.

Stem: Stem is really thin, smooth, white/tan-grey color, maybe 1.5" long
........Length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc.

Cap: Brown tan further down and gets darker towards the nipple almost black, (got blacker after dying from messing with it), it has a radially fibrillose texture (parricidal lines going down near the bottom, kinda hard to see) Conical shape, cap is ruffly half a inch.
......Diameter, color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc.

Spore print color: I tried getting one, and i ether failed or its white, i tried using a black light to see if that would allow me to see white spores on white paper but i still didnt see anything (also its not a very good black light, but it would do the trick for my scorpions)
............Very important!

Bruising: No instant bruising that i noted, the stem turned black and limp from where i held it, and the cap got blacker the more i destroyed it (while trying to identify it)
..........Color that the mushroom bruises, if any.

Other information: They where growing in a clump (the two i picked where at least). They where formed together at the root type things, which was fuzzy, and came with the mushrooms as i tried to pick them (strong), the stem was hard to remove from the cap as well.
.............Scent of the mushroom, anything else you think is important, large close-up pictures showing stem, cap and gills.

I took several pics (lighting not the greatest, so in one or two pics i turned the brightness up)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Thinker

Re: I need Professional help identifying Mushrooms, [Re: BigNickDigga]
    #14136504 - 03/17/11 12:22 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Mycena

OfflineBigNickDigga
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: I need Professional help identifying Mushrooms, [Re: The Thinker]
    #14136527 - 03/17/11 12:26 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Wow, that was a fast reply but how sure are you?
Are they hallucinogenic, edible, or poisonous?
Also thank you for taking part of your time in help identifying these, I really appreciate it.

Edited by BigNickDigga (03/17/11 12:37 PM)

InvisibleThe Thinker

Re: I need Professional help identifying Mushrooms, [Re: BigNickDigga]
    #14136578 - 03/17/11 12:36 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Positive

Offlinenonlocal
Shroomer
Male

Loc: B.C, Canada Flag
Re: I need Professional help identifying Mushrooms, [Re: The Thinker]
    #14136847 - 03/17/11 01:39 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Not hallucinogenic..probably not poisonous but definitely not worth eating. :peace:

--------------------

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -Gandhi

"The revolution will not be televised"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder