Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Orissa India Monotub: Multispore > Grain LC > WBS > Coir/verm *Finished* * 1
    #13930688 - 02/08/11 10:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I am not sure why this original thread was not archived, as I get tons of people posting questions about it, quoting and linking in general, and sending me PM's.  Most new growers do not have access t the grow log section where this was originally posted.  So I am making another post here.

If one of the mods wants to our would throw the original thread Located here into the archives it would save some hassle.

The original thread along with other things I have posted are located in my signature.

Quote:

Citric said:
Was going to wait until this grow was finished, but figure I would post it up now since it will be done in a few days.

Well, to make a story short I owed a friend some money for letting me stay at his place while I went through a separation.  He has been trying to grow for years without any success(I even showed him step by step in person at one point and he still fails).  So, I told him I would setup a grow for him.  So here it is.  This is my first grow since 06(06 Martha Stewart), and this will be my last.  I made some lids(Self healing lid TEK) to last him a few grows if he decides to attempt it on his own in the future.  I enjoy growing and I love it, but I get way to stressed out and paranoid.

WBS Prep:
Soaked for 12-16 hours(Over night, don't remember the exact timing)
From the soak, was rinsed briefly and loaded into a large pot to simmer. (I don't simmer for long, I test the grain by trying to squish it, if I can, it's done)
Rinsed off with cold water, drained until nothing dripped, and loaded into the PC.

I started out with multispore inoculation(Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation) on a mini grain jar.  From that jar I made enough syringes to make up 36 quart jars.  I did a small experiment with the grain jars for fun, and made a Cup O' Shrooms!

Jars were inoculated with 1-2CC's and then shaken.  The jars were incubated in 81-83 degree TiT(Tub in tub).  The day after the first signs of growth they were shaken, and were fully colonized in 6-7 days.

I pasteurized a brick of coir and a quart of vermiculite.  I tossed the brick of coir and a quart of vermiculite into a bucket, then put 4.5 quarts of water in a pot and on the stove.  I got the water to almost boil, and dumped it into the bucket.  I mixed the coir/verm up and then closed the lid.  The next day the tubs were made.

6 quarts of WBS, 1 brick of coir, and one quart of verm.  The quart jars of WBS were birthed into a large bag and then crumbled.  I loaded the tub with the bulk substrate, then emptied the bag of crumbled WBS on top.  I gave the WBS a light mist and mixed it up by hand.  Four 64 quart tubs were done this way, and the holes were covered with duct tape, then covered with a blanket to colonize.

From the bottom of the tub, on the outside, the bottom of the 1" hole was 3 1/4".  The middle was 3 3/4", and the top was 4 1/4".  The substrate depth was roughly 3".

08/04

(I took a picture of them sleeping, please don't ask why, because I don't know)

Four days later, the tubs were all 100% colonized.

08/08

The tape was removed and stuffed with polyfil.  The two holes on each side were stuffed rather tight, while the holes on the top were stuffed loosely.  I put a fan right next to the closet door, roughly 3 feet away from the tubs.  I set it on medium(It is a small and very weak fan) and to oscillate, and left on 24/7.  A small cabinet light was mounted and set on a 12/12 light cycle.

Six days later pins appeared on all tubs.  Here are pictures from the top left tub.

08-14

08-16

08-17

08-18
Well I am going to have to do something with the mature ones.  Will cut the tops off and let the rest of the tub catch up.  I was going to clone the big one on the right hand side, but the stipe has been ripping a lot and I am a little cautious of doing so.  Not a big deal I got 3 other tubs that I can choose a clone from without having to deal with which part may or may not have been in contact with air.

Performed some surgery and removed some of the more mature caps.  Here is the big one that I was going to clone.

08-19
Time to harvest the top left tub.  I may add pictures of the other tubs when they are done and what not, but I don't think this thread needs much more documentation.

Dry weight from the first tub:  6 1/2 oz

Few pictures of fruits from another tub.  There were many more ones this size, but I got small hands!

All tubs first flush have been harvested, so here is a picture from the harvest of the last tub(I got bored)

Just a couple pictures of some fruits from the second flush(And last)

I found one that I had wanted to clone, so I took a picture of it.

Then about two days later I found this guy.

Well, that's all for this thread.  Hope people were able to learn something or at least had fun following it.  Best of luck to everyone, and just remember to keep it simple.  This hobby is not hard at all.  The main thing is do not cut any corners when it comes to being clean and sterile.  I know a ton of people who take showers, bleach their house, lysol it down, and say a prayer before inoculating.  If you want to go through all that, it wouldn't hurt(Other then killing time), but it is not needed.

If anyone has questions, feel free to post here or pm me.

Goodluck!

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Orissa India Monotub: Multispore > Grain LC > WBS > Coir/verm *Finished* [Re: Citric]
    #13930712 - 02/08/11 10:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Here is a few pictures never seen before.  I left one of the tubs and forgot to throw it out.  Found this 'little' guy hanging around.

Along with a few friends.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Orissa India Monotub: Multispore > Grain LC > WBS > Coir/verm *Finished* [Re: Citric]
    #13930840 - 02/08/11 11:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:super:

tis one of the first ones i read when joined here..

OfflineObject110011
Male User Gallery

Re: Orissa India Monotub: Multispore > Grain LC > WBS > Coir/verm *Finished* [Re: biologys]
    #13931024 - 02/08/11 11:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

its a blow out!
i love the picture of the plates
:sun:

InvisibleNecco
Thread Killer
 User Gallery

Loc: west of a white house
    #13931644 - 02/09/11 02:16 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:eek: I can just imagine getting this guy in a bag on the street.

Dealer: "Wanna buy a shroom?"
Customer: "sure man. Wait, don't you mean shroomS?"
Dealer: "No bro, just 'shroom.' It'll be $75"

--------------------

"Now ether was substituted for chloroform, and the difference of their phenomena noted, and now some other exhilarant, in the form of an opiate or stimulant, was the instrument of my experiments, until I had run through the whole gamut of queer agents within my reach..."          I can do everything!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom