Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheCannabisSativa
Stranger
 User Gallery
small mature pins on 2nd flush.... Update with pics!!
    #13912198 - 02/05/11 07:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have 11 cakes of PE6 in my FC. 7 are on there 2nd flush and 4 are on there first flush (started at different times).  Since I dunked my 7 cakes for the 2nd time (for 12 hours) they have been growing very tiny and thin mushrooms which are mature- veils break and caps open after about a week of doing practically nothing.

My 4 cakes that are on there first flush are doing much better, like those 7 did on there first flush, so I know my conditions (FAE, light, ect.) are good.

I just noticed today that the blueing, which was very dark, has went away on the first cakes that were dunked and now I see TONS of hyphal knots starting.....my theory for the moment is that the blueing was a sign of stress or something and they just need to recover a bit before there now about to take off (hopefully).  Any other thoughts??

its been a week or so since the 2nd dunk,  do they usually take this long to recover after the 2nd dunk?

This picture is from yesterday, you can see the cake on the left with a big fat pin about to take off and then a cake right next to it under the same conditions that got a 2nd dunk a week ago that just has these little tiny mature mushrooms....

This picture was a couple hours ago, I picked all the mature pins that grew since the 2nd dunk, and I know have my dehydrator going for 5 1/2 wet grams....

This is another pic of that cake with the fat pin and you could see couple more fatties starting to

I actually harvest about 10 wet grams off this cake already, which had started pinning in the jar and those immediately grew some fat little things.

Edited by TheCannabisSativa (02/10/11 02:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: small mature pins on 2nd flush.... [Re: TheCannabisSativa]
    #13912221 - 02/05/11 08:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheCannabisSativa said:
I have 11 cakes of PE6 in my FC. 7 are on there 2nd flush and 4 are on there first flush (started at different times).  Since I dunked my 7 cakes for the 2nd time (for 12 hours) they have been growing very tiny and thin mushrooms which are mature- veils break and caps open after about a week of doing practically nothing.

My 4 cakes that are on there first flush are doing much better, like those 7 did on there first flush, so I know my conditions (FAE, light, ect.) are good.

I just noticed today that the blueing, which was very dark, has went away on the first cakes that were dunked and now I see TONS of hyphal knots starting.....my theory for the moment is that the blueing was a sign of stress or something and they just need to recover a bit before there now about to take off (hopefully).  Any other thoughts??

its been a week or so since the 2nd dunk,  do they usually take this long to recover after the 2nd dunk?

This picture is from yesterday, you can see the cake on the left with a big fat pin about to take off and then a cake right next to it under the same conditions that got a 2nd dunk a week ago that just has these little tiny mature mushrooms....

This picture was a couple hours ago, I picked all the mature pins that grew since the 2nd dunk, and I know have my dehydrator going for 5 1/2 wet grams....

This is another pic of that cake with the fat pin and you could see couple more fatties starting to

I actually harvest about 10 wet grams off this cake already, which had started pinning in the jar and those immediately grew some fat little things.

Your cakes are small and the RH is low... What did you expect?

--------------------

OfflineTheCannabisSativa
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: small mature pins on 2nd flush.... [Re: anarchOi]
    #13912239 - 02/05/11 08:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

actually my RH is never low, I have the standard half pint wide mouth cakes and my first flush grew mushrooms like I couldn't believe......So I'm definitly NOT doing anything out of the unordinary.

What makes you say my RH is low?

Its always above 90, usually more like 95 and I give them plenty of fresh air!

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
    #13912247 - 02/05/11 08:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

95% is far too high for a rolled cake

--------------------

OfflineTheCannabisSativa
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: small mature pins on 2nd flush.... [Re: anarchOi]
    #13912294 - 02/05/11 08:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

What should it be?

and if that is the problem why would my 7 cakes do so good the first flush and now my 4 other cakes be doing good on the first flush??  it really seems like its something about the 2nd flush to me, plus like I said now after a week there growing hyphal knots all over and look ready to start popping some nice pin sets.

also my stems have very little to none of that white fuzzy mycelium on the stems that is supposedly a sign of the hummidity being to high.

first you said it was low which I have no idea how you came up with that assuption, or that my cakes are small when they are the standard that everybody uses.  Everything I've been reading on here says keep the humidity as high as you can while still supplying plenty of fresh air exchange......

OfflineTheCannabisSativa
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #13912801 - 02/05/11 09:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

can anybody else confirm if 95% is/is not to high RH?  in RRs video he says try to keep it as close to 100 as you can.

I'd like to know where this guy with over 2,000 posts is getting his info from. You know I'm doing the PF Tek right and were talking about SGFC?

If I am doing something wrong I want to change it for sure but I don't think I am.....

Offline3Cajun1Mo8
Fung Padawan
Male

#13912896 - 02/05/11 09:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think ive read somewhere around here Penis envy strains are known for giving small mutants

OfflineTheCannabisSativa
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: small mature pins on 2nd flush.... [Re: 3Cajun1Mo8]
    #13939954 - 02/10/11 02:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

here's an update with pics.....

First off my conditions are great, as I knew before and it was definitly something with the flush or the cakes themselves causing them to grow real tiny mature pins for the first 1-2 weeks. I knew my conditions were good because I had other cakes on there 1st flush doing great in the same FC, and now after 1-2 weeks the 7 cakes that were growing tiny little things are all busting out some nice fat pins and I already picked a couple nice mature ones to.

This was those 7 on there 2nd flush yesterday before my picking...

This is all 11 yesterday before picking the mature ones....the 4 cakes on the left are on there 1st flush and were growing normal when the other 7 were pumping out those tiny mushrooms...

This is the picking, mostly from the first flush since there farther along....54.5 wet - 5.2 dry....

This is those 7 cakes today

This is all 11 today, I have to pick some more mature ones in a few...

And just so you know.....the 2 pictures of the 7 cakes are taking from different angles, incase your wondering....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck