Home | Community | Message Board

Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Psychedelic Survey
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
[MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home
    #13739037 - 01/06/11 03:27 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home
January 6, 2011 - boston.com

FRAMINGHAM — A retired 68-year-old bus MBTA mechanic was fatally shot by police early yesterday during a drug sweep at his Framingham home.

Authorities have released few details about the shooting, though they identified the victim as Eurie Stamps and said he was not a suspect in the raid.

They have declined to name the officer involved, but did say that during the execution of a search warrant at 26 Fountain St. a bullet was discharged from a “department issued weapon of a Framingham SWAT team member that struck one of the residents.’’

Two other men, Joseph Bushfan and Devon Talbert, both 20, were arrested and charged with drug-related offenses as a result of the raid. A spokeswoman for the Middlesex district attorney’s office said the raid “is still under investigation’’ but declined to say whether the officer involved was provoked or if he fired his gun accidentally.

Framingham police would not say yesterday whether the officer was placed on administrative duty pending an investigation, a routine step in such instances.

According to prosecutors, the department’s narcotics unit was performing drug surveillance at the Framingham address for several weeks. The investigation focused on Bushfan, who lived in the first-floor apartment with his mother and with Stamps, his stepfather. Talbert, Bushfan’s cousin, was a regular visitor who often spent the night.

According to prosecutors, a confidential informant made several crack cocaine purchases at the apartment in recent weeks, allowing police to secure the search warrant they carried out early Tuesday.

Because Bushfan had a criminal record, police used a SWAT team to carry out the raid, Assistant District Attorney David Clayton said yesterday afternoon during a joint arraignment of Bushfan and Talbert on charges of drug possession with intent to distribute. Attorneys for both pleaded not guilty on behalf of their clients.

At 12:30 a.m. yesterday, Clayton said, members of the SWAT team observed Bushfan leave his Fountain Street home with two females and walk to a nearby gas station. Police stopped him and, after patting him down, found eight individually packaged small bags of crack cocaine and about $400 in his pocket and wallet. Police entered the house and found Talbert in a rear bedroom and a sock containing more crack cocaine on a dresser in another bedroom.

Moments after his arrest, as police continued to search the home, a shot was fired by a SWAT team member, hitting Stamps. He was rushed to Metrowest Medical Center in Framingham, where he was pronounced dead.

Stamps worked as a machinist and repairer for 20 years with the MBTA. “Eurie was like a father to me,’’ said Joshel Garcie, who stopped by the Fountain Street home yesterday to offer condolences to the family. He said he attends an alternative high school in Framingham with Bushfan.

“He [Stamps] was very respectful, helped whenever he could,’’ Garcie said. “You could never say anything bad or wrong about the man.’’

Bushfan has never been convicted of a crime, but was out on bail in an armed robbery case in Middlesex County and on probation on an assault with a dangerous weapon case out of West Roxbury.

Judge Robert V. Greco ordered Bushfan held on $5,000 cash bail. Talbert was released on personal recognizance. Both men are due back in court on Jan. 25 for a pretrial conference.

Lawyers for both defendants objected to the circumstances of the arrests. Talbert’s attorney, Christopher Shannon, said police did not find drugs on his client.

Mod edit 3/10/11: Update, see post Framingham drug raid shooting death an 'accident'

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewowitch17
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Loc: Chile
Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: veggie]
    #13739087 - 01/06/11 03:42 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

SWAT raids for drug sales are completely unessecary and have cause dozens of tragic deaths of innocents

--------------------

OfflineWhiteCobra
Stranger

Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: wowitch17]
    #13739594 - 01/06/11 08:14 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

dirty pigs

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: WhiteCobra]
    #13739855 - 01/06/11 10:07 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

So little detail concerning the actual shooting/killing. They are investigating if he was provoked or "accidentally fired"? That's some seriously fucked up shit. There better be a damn good reason for a fucking SWAT guy to shoot someone considering they are suited with protective vests and all that. This sounds shady, I hope this mans family gets justice.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #13739891 - 01/06/11 10:20 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Even as a completely separate issue from the legal and moral status of drug use, this is still way out of line. It seems to me as though these excessive SWAT raids are just an excuse for the police to get to break down doors and go in guns-a-blazin' as a tough on crime shit-show when there would probably be much more efficient and less risky ways to apprehend suspects.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: sorahtak]
    #13740084 - 01/06/11 11:22 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sorahtak said:
Even as a completely separate issue from the legal and moral status of drug use, this is still way out of line. It seems to me as though these excessive SWAT raids are just an excuse for the police to get to break down doors and go in guns-a-blazin' as a tough on crime shit-show when there would probably be much more efficient and less risky ways to apprehend suspects.

Maybe they mistook the man for a tied up dog. Or maybe they had no dog to shoot so they shot him instead.

All joking aside though, that's really fucked up. I hope the "investigation" is fair and thorough and people are held accountable.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Invisiblejohnm214M
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #13740167 - 01/06/11 11:43 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

This kinda shit just keeps on happening.  Why the hell do we need a fucking swat team busting down the door of someone who commited a victimless crime?  I'd shoot whoever did that to me. I can very much believe they didn't identify themselves as police sufficient to alert the occupants.  They seem to get a kick out of presuming the people are going to fight them and are supper dangerous because they *gasp* have some powder that's been used for millenia.  Its no less ridiculous to send these retards breaking down doors at the folgers coffee plant for their stimulant powder with a long history of human usage.

Ridiculous and tragic :thumbdown:

Invisiblegamer4life
Natures Child
Male

Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: veggie]
    #13740300 - 01/06/11 12:20 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Please join me and go to  Swat Reform.org. It has a petition there to stop using swat teams on non-violent offenders. Please go there and check it out, it will only take a moment.

It may seem like a little work but it don't hurt to take a few minutes out of your day to save someones life.

Remember it could be your door they kick down next for no reason at all!

--------------------
Legalize!
  Stop putting our children in prisons.

Edited by gamer4life (01/06/11 12:26 PM)

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: johnm214]
    #13740306 - 01/06/11 12:22 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
This kinda shit just keeps on happening.  Why the hell do we need a fucking swat team busting down the door of someone who commited a victimless crime?  I'd shoot whoever did that to me. I can very much believe they didn't identify themselves as police sufficient to alert the occupants.  They seem to get a kick out of presuming the people are going to fight them and are supper dangerous because they *gasp* have some powder that's been used for millenia.  Its no less ridiculous to send these retards breaking down doors at the folgers coffee plant for their stimulant powder with a long history of human usage.

Ridiculous and tragic :thumbdown:

:thumbup:

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: gamer4life]
    #13745474 - 01/07/11 02:45 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gamer4life said:
Please join me and go to  Swat Reform.org. It has a petition there to stop using swat teams on non-violent offenders. Please go there and check it out, it will only take a moment.

It may seem like a little work but it don't hurt to take a few minutes out of your day to save someones life.

Remember it could be your door they kick down next for no reason at all!

I like your attitude, but if you actually think the opinions of a few druggies matter to the cops your wrong. They get off on this shit, fucking adrenaline junkies. They will defend the right to destroy lives to the end, all they ever want is more and more power. Only children getting shot would help...oh wait, that has happened too! Wish I could link the thread, it was a good one...

--------------------
A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

InvisibleParkseerf
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: [MA] Man, 68, fatally shot in drug raid at Framingham home [Re: bloodsheen]
    #13751052 - 01/08/11 09:56 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

:sad: man things like this make me want to leave the states, even though the countryside itself is so beautiful in some places, the general atmosphere sucks

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service