Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Loc: Land of Mary
Anxiety from shrooms?
    #1373315 - 03/13/03 02:57 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

My last trip was probably 2 months ago and I had kept eating and eating cambodian mushrooms i dunno maybe at the most ten dried small mushrooms...i kept sneaking some.  But i kept eating and it wasnt just cambodian there were some real small ones to which i was supposed to be very potent which i dunno i never really thought they were.  so at the most up to 10 shrooms dried.  They didnt make me hallucinate but they did cause some odd feel of idsorientation as i walked, like the room got smaller in some areas and like i was being compressed down to the floor. Most of all i had a weird feeling in through my whole body in the muscles as if acid where soaked into my muscles not acid as in eating them but relaxing them the kinda acid produced by your body when you have to strech before working out or else you cramp.  But afterward the next day i woke up kinda felt like i had a hang over cu zi also had drank the night before some.  Anyway i woke up and my neck was stiff  and i went and picked up my aunt and when i got there it hit me like the night before like i just wanted to relax and chill out.  Also when i eat shrooms i know when its coming on cuz the muscles in my jaw tightens and causes my jaw to move involuntarily i guess becuz i have TMJs disease which is just the ball does not fit in my jaw socket correctly.  anyhow it went away after awhile and then the next day i was fine and then the following work day all day long i felt like my muscles were buzzing but yet they werent
shaking or anything and the next day was like that and so on but it dissipated as the days went by. But i began to worry about what it could be and then after the feelinsg went away my hands began shaking involuntairly and so on and then i began to get more worried and i know I have OCD-Obssessive compulsive disorder which is not very bad.  I never have worried about much but i know  i have GAD-General anxiety disorder because when it comes to my health i freak out.  But i worried and worried about this shaking and no matter how much i told myself it was from the shrooms or anxiety i worried and worried like what if its something bigger??  Then it escalated to the point which i would get anxiety attacks all day and have to use the bathroom alot and this went on for a week like two weeks after my indigestion of all these shrooms.  Then finally i just said forget it and then i relaxed and it all went away and now im worried like what if it comes back and i worry about worrying now. Can you help me out here and lay my nerves to rest cuz my last trip with those shrooms was like the third time? and i did it again after that but its been the same since that week.  Do shrooms seem to have an effect on people with mental disorders? Can it cause bad affects on the muscles cuz now i still shake when i notice it but i dont notice it when im not thinking about it.  so i do not know if its just the shrooms now or just that anxiety or worry in the back of my mind.....help me!!!!!!!!! :confused: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLurkin
crusadin throughcow patties
Loc: my own world
Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: ShittakeHead]
    #1373356 - 03/13/03 03:21 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

go to a doctor!

Peace

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: Lurkin]
    #1373444 - 03/13/03 03:59 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Just go to your family doctor, and tell him everything, they are very understanding. Go asap, you'll feel so much better after.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: jarby]
    #1373474 - 03/13/03 04:18 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Yep, see your doc and tell him/her everything

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

#1373519 - 03/13/03 04:36 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I have been to my doctor and they did blood work and chest scans and everything and they say they have not found anything wrong with me so what could it even be? could the shrooms have had an influence i have read that hallucinogens shrooms LSD etc....can cause harmful effects on people with disorders.

Offlinesynergy
Weeeeee!!!
Loc: Scary Focus on the Family...
    #1373595 - 03/13/03 05:06 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Hallucinogens can occasionally provide that extra "push" for someone who is on the brink of losing touch with reality (schizophrenia, etc). This is not due to any physical effect, but to their inability to deal with a powerful/bad trip. The physical side effects of shrooms and LSD subside well within 24 hours (so long as you took a reasonable dose). I think the anxiety issues you are having now are feeding off that initial anxiety you had about your health immediately after taking the shrooms, and are not directly related to the shrooms at all. You seem like a little bit of a hypochondriac (symptoms subside when you don't think about them). Just chill out...you are fine.

--------------------
"In the 1980s capitalism triumphed over communism. In the l990s it triumphed over democracy."

David Korten, The Post-Corporate World

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1373854 - 03/13/03 06:48 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I can't even figure out what the fuck you're trying to say!  :grin:

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Anxiety from shrooms? *DELETED* [Re: zeta]
    #1374775 - 03/14/03 04:06 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Post deleted by TheHateCamel

Reason for deletion: vc

OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1375484 - 03/14/03 08:19 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Yeah I used to be the same. I used to panic about my heart when I was on weed due to the racing heart effect... (I even got hospitalised cos I thought I was having a heart attack on weed!)
It sounds like you have the same thing as I did (and suppose I still do), it's hypochondria. If it happens in a trip, do something to take your mind off it, perhaps play with something (I often play on my drums, this takes it right off) and try your hardest to ignore the symptoms. Yes, easier said than done, I know from personal experience that it is far easier to just get someone to ring for an ambulance, but you don't want to ruin what could be a great trip!
Train yourself to ignore the symptoms, or do something you love to distract you from the symptoms.

--------------------

Edited by Sparklehorse (03/14/03 08:20 AM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1376092 - 03/14/03 11:41 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Dude, fuck going to a doctor. He will just try to sell you more drugs that are no good for you.

What you need to do is go out camping in the mountains or forest. Just you, and maybe a good firend. Don'ttake any drugs with you. And go on a long hike with beatiful scenery.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1376098 - 03/14/03 11:45 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

i was thinking same thing.

I dont know you personally but it sounds like your talking yourself into the symptoms.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineKurrupt
Trippin' Out
Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: Viveka]
    #1376104 - 03/14/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

If you tell your doctor you did shrooms or acid or something are the required to tell your parents if you are under 18? Or can they only release information with your consent ect... gimme details on this please.

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: Kurrupt]
    #1376120 - 03/14/03 11:53 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

i just think his "source of the mushrooms" was very well grown and potent :wink: 

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1376506 - 03/14/03 03:11 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

I think that if the doctor is your own personal doctor and you are under 18 then they cannot tell, but if it is your families doctor then it differs with that doctors conciousness maybe they might feel the need to tell your family but it is your business what you do with your life and they can only push you to perhaps quit or get in touch with someone who can help you. I seriously doubt they will even tell your family for you can sue them for disclosing personal information.

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

#6997006 - 06/01/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I know this thread is old but......its definitely been some time ago that that happened to me. Yep it definitely was all in my head! thanks everyone, you were right, But i dont worry about that stuff anymore I find that every trip i have on shrooms is a good trip altho i notice that i have a high tolerance if i do it once i might as well wait a month perhaps even more becuz it just doesnt work the same after. Well i have had one bad trip and it was so to say all bad bad becaus eit was becuz everyone around me were my friends but yet it seemed like no one gave two shits or even spoke to me hardly, so i began feelin down, depressed and alone even tho everyone was there. Well ttyl, i'll def try an check back alot more often. peace

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
    #6997032 - 06/01/07 08:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, I've got a friend who's OCD and shrooms, and another very close friend who is recovered (if there is such a thing) OCD and shrooms. Hallucinogens make these people uncomfortable and paranoid sometimes. They can still be pleasant, but I may suggest having a poster with some cute bunnies or an otter in a bib on your wall, with a sticky note that says "CHILL!" in big letters next to it. Paranoia is normal, and is elevated for those with anxiety disorders. You can usually get past it using the same coping mechanisms you may have learned in your non-tripping life.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7009932 - 06/04/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I see where you are coming from. I do have OCD but its not so bad and it was never bad at all with anxiety about anything until my health seem to suddenly become an issue, but after going to the doctor and having tests done for stds and other things out of the sort when i had first posted this thread. I don't know of anyone who has "recovered" from OCD you still have it. perhaps in a mild form which is practically undetectable because it seems more of a habit then a compulsion. But since afterwards I dont usually stress about anything on shrooms. Even the last time when my landlord called me while i had just started feeling the effects and was upset with me for bouncing a check i felt cool and calm....Went outside and stared at the sky and the trees.... I would definitely do shrooms again soon and to think I had once almost given them up altogether, I find that they clear my mind nowadays and help me see things for how they are.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #7010007 - 06/04/07 09:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It could also be a little of the fear of knowing that you are doing an illegal substance and your subconscious is negatively nagging at you.The pressure of the mainstream consciousness negatively affecting the high,subconsciously.

--------------------

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Re: Anxiety from shrooms? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #7021469 - 06/07/07 11:42 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

nope, dont feel bad at all takin shrooomies, i just see them as a means to procur a different state of mind...another state of my being..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract