Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOreganic
Connoisseur of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Orygun
Reishi and Turkey Tail tea!
    #13450061 - 11/07/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So I am right now brewing my first batch of Reishi tea from the Reishi block I got and grew over the summer. I had recently harvested some Turkey Tails (well, a few weeks back, but they store very well) and decided to make a sort of super-tea and combine the two mushrooms. I've have the concoction brewing from about an hour now. I figure I am going to let it go for another hour, strain the liquid, put said liquid in a new pot, and than add new water to the strained mush and repeat twice.

Does this sound like a good method? Has anyone else tried this? This is a first for me so... :shrug:

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNiwita
Village Idiot
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under a Rock
Re: Reishi and Turkey Tail tea! [Re: Oreganic]
    #13451609 - 11/07/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've been told that to really get all the goods out of turkey tails you need to boil for 1-2 hours, and then simmer for 72 hours. Reishi don't need that but it wouldn't hurt them. I'm interested to see if anyone else has heard this of turkey tails.

--------------------
:etbig::etbig::etbig:

OfflineOreganic
Connoisseur of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Orygun
Re: Reishi and Turkey Tail tea! [Re: Niwita]
    #13453511 - 11/08/10 12:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting, I was under the impression that the Reishi was the one of the two mushrooms that needed to be boiled longer. I was more worried about over boiling the Turkey Tails than the Reishi... Hmmm. I never read that turkey tails need any more than about 4 hours of boiling.. Hmm.. All is done, none the less. After 6 hours of boiling these bad boys, I now have 10 ice cube sized doses of Reishi/Turkey Tail extract!! Hopefully this gets me through till winter.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies